+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

faith11

Apr 17, 2012
Ok... my brother received his passort today...was approved last jan23...NY received his application last sept 11 via mail with lmo from canada... :)

saleemjosh

Star Member
May 5, 2009
Hi,
Did anyone receive approval letters this week. By next week my application processing time (waiting time/period) will complete 3 months and enters 4th month.
I wish good luck to those submitted in October and still are waiting for response. As they are still working on October 2013 the average time for work permit processing seems 5 months.

aiviia08

Feb 5, 2014
Hi. I'm going to pass my work permit application at New York. Is it possible that someone else will dropbox my application there? I'm currently in Canada as a tourist, and i don't have US Visa. My employer plans to dropbox it himself at NY, since I don't have US visa. Anyone here who has an idea if what we're planning is possible? Anyone who has gone thru the same situation? Please let me know. Please. Thank you.

ict1canada

Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/18/2013
Online application Oct.18th no news yet.

Canavisa did you try sending an enquiry case specific recently ?

I have sent an enquiry for my case waiting for their response.

jas_dhillon90

Jan 23, 2014
Not good guys. No news even for October applicants and its February already. Four months. ICT1canada please let us know what their response is. Thanks

jitbug

Jan 14, 2014
Hey All,

I applied online on Oct 14.
Yesterday (February 05), I received an email asking for a copy of my PhD diploma (which was not available at the time of application). So I guess they started processing.

ict1canada

Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/18/2013
Hi jitbug,
Can you throw some more details on your case. Have you applied for ICT ? Are you already in Canada?
Did you apply i.e self or through an attorney ?
Your reply will help each one waiting here for an update on our case.
Thank you in advance.
jitbug said:
Hey All,

I applied online on Oct 14.
Yesterday (February 05), I received an email asking for a copy of my PhD diploma (which was not available at the time of application). So I guess they started processing.

jitbug

Jan 14, 2014
ict1canada said:
Hi jitbug,
Can you throw some more details on your case. Have you applied for ICT ? Are you already in Canada?
Did you apply i.e self or through an attorney ?
Your reply will help each one waiting here for an update on our case.
Thank you in advance.
I did not apply for ICT.
I graduated with my PhD and will start my postdoc in Canada. I think this is one of the LMO exempt categories.
I applied myself using the MyCIC website.
I am still in the US, working on OPT. I will terminate my OPT employment as soon as I get the Canadian visa.

Does anyone know if I have to enter Canada before the official start date on the offer letter used during application? Can I enter with a revised offer letter that has a different start date?

ict1canada

Dec 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NYC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/18/2013
Thank you ... :)
jitbug said:
I did not apply for ICT.
I graduated with my PhD and will start my postdoc in Canada. I think this is one of the LMO exempt categories.
I applied myself using the MyCIC website.
I am still in the US, working on OPT. I will terminate my OPT employment as soon as I get the Canadian visa.

Does anyone know if I have to enter Canada before the official start date on the offer letter used during application? Can I enter with a revised offer letter that has a different start date?

veer2012

Star Member
Jul 29, 2013
London, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NYC, Online
NOC Code......
TFW LMO based
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25 Oct 2013
Doc's Request.
None - File updated 11/30/2013
Nomination.....
NONE
Passport Req..
11 Feb 2014
VISA ISSUED...
10 Mar 2014
LANDED..........
15 Mar 2014
ict1canada said:
Hi Veer 2012,
Thank you for the wishes.
below is the list of people who are waiting for updates applied in Oct.13.
Canavisa applied 10/1
renfre applied 10/10
Petoto applied mid Oct.
ak187 applied 10/16
ict1canada applied 10/18
veer2012 applied last week of Oct.
Forums.173 applied 10/31
Please update the forum as you hear from the NYC.
All the best to everyone.

I didn't see anyone from above list who was requested for their passport. I wonder, if they even started processing OCT'13? Also if u edit ur profile when u log in, may b u can show ur application's detail on the left.

faith11

Apr 17, 2012
aiviia08 said:
Hi. I'm going to pass my work permit application at New York. Is it possible that someone else will dropbox my application there? I'm currently in Canada as a tourist, and i don't have US Visa. My employer plans to dropbox it himself at NY, since I don't have US visa. Anyone here who has an idea if what we're planning is possible? Anyone who has gone thru the same situation? Please let me know. Please. Thank you.
That is what i am planning to do to my moms application... just waiting for her lmo... let me know if this works out for you... good luck