+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

waiting4long

Jul 24, 2013
Does any one know which date processing is going on? Last I saw was of March 25th. Is still the same or it has progressed further??

alpha2007

May 9, 2013
I sent case specific inquiry and got response today that they are still processing March 25th application.
To my knowledge they are done with March 25th on last week 18th itself , i really dont know what these guys are upto?

GMLMar25- Did you got email from them yet they are done with your application? I know you went in person and already gave your passport.
i dont understand why they are still processing Mar 25 application.

Purplebutterfly

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
VAC-New York
NOC Code......
NOC Code 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
Completely submitted on July 12, 2013
AOR Received.
July 15, 2013
IELTS Request
no IELTS required
File Transfer...
July 15, 2013
Med's Request
July 23, 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 3, 2013
Interview........
No interview required
Passport Req..
submitted along with other documents
VISA ISSUED...
September 12, 2013
LANDED..........
November 9, 2013
scorpion181181 said:
Congrates,
did you apply for Work Permit ?
I have LMO Ready and applied at immigration consulate at NY.
got the docs. back saying we do not accept paper applications.

pls suggest.
Consulate General of Canada in New York doesn't accept applicants anymore, they would advise you to submit directly to the Visa Application Center in NYC. I submitted mine in person along with my original passport.

Purplebutterfly

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
VAC-New York
NOC Code......
NOC Code 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
Completely submitted on July 12, 2013
AOR Received.
July 15, 2013
IELTS Request
no IELTS required
File Transfer...
July 15, 2013
Med's Request
July 23, 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 3, 2013
Interview........
No interview required
Passport Req..
submitted along with other documents
VISA ISSUED...
September 12, 2013
LANDED..........
November 9, 2013
wp_applicant_fromNY said:
That so not true. They are still accepting paper applications on Wednesdays and only Wednesdays. They only accept Express Mail envelopes with proper stamps and forms. They won't let you in if you don't have Express envelope. They'll advise you to go VAC but if you want you're entitled to submit your application there.
They only accept first 100 applications. There was already a line when I got there at 8 am today. So if anyone wants to go there to submit an application be there really early.
Oh ok, well that was based on my experience though because they advised me to submit through VAC. But anyway thanks for clearing things up at least it will be helpful for those who are also plannibg to submit applcations in NYC.

Congrats and I wish you a happy life in Canada. Hope we get ours soon!

scorpion181181

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
Purplebutterfly said:
Oh ok, well that was based on my experience though because they advised me to submit through VAC. But anyway thanks for clearing things up at least it will be helpful for those who are also plannibg to submit applcations in NYC.

Congrats and I wish you a happy life in Canada. Hope we get ours soon!
Thanks a lot,
What difference does it make , submitting at VAC or at NYC ???
Pls help me out, I need to file for WP with LMO.

Thanks,

brahem

Jun 28, 2013
wp_applicant_fromNY said:
At the booth, I had a similar conversation with a gentleman. My emergency letter from the university and some sweet talk were enough to convince him. After few hours waiting in the room, I got my work permit in person.
You were lucky... but no wonder, when the system is totally screwed up like it is now, random things can happen. It's not like your application is that urgent, there is still more than a month until September... yet they processed it. Meanwhile some people who might have real urgency and are unable to make a trip to NY remain stuck and desperate. It's really unfair how they behave, and mostly it's outrageous that they let some gorilla at the door to decide if your situation is urgent or not.

Jun 6, 2013
Received today an email from Consulate. Work Permit was approved. I need to take the letter that was attached to a border crossing and the permit will be issued there.

Application received on April 1, 2013
Approved letter sent/received on July 26, 2013.

Thank God! But what a rough and inefficient time.

Good luck on everyone's applications.

scorpion181181

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
worker_applicant said:
Received today an email from Consulate. Work Permit was approved. I need to take the letter that was attached to a border crossing and the permit will be issued there.

My I know what is the difference in applying at NY - CIC and VAC ?
pls guide.

Thanks

Jun 6, 2013
I don't know the answer to your question. I followed CIC's advice and applied at the border, but the border agent didn't want to do it, and told me to go through the Consulate in New York. I'm pretty sure that if you're in Canada already, you must apply through CIC in Vegreville.

hp2261

Jul 17, 2013
worker_applicant said:

Congrats! So safe to assume they resumed processing the applications again? Also, was your application online or paper based?

Has anyone else who applied after Mar 25th heard anything from the consulate?

Sen_1911

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
hp2261 said:
Congrats! So safe to assume they resumed processing the applications again? Also, was your application online or paper based?

Has anyone else who applied after Mar 25th heard anything from the consulate?
I applied online Mar 28th and still waiting .

May15th

Jul 26, 2013
Following response received on July 26th.

Dear Sir/Madam,
This is in response to your email below.
Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.
All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on March 25, 2013

alpha2007

May 9, 2013
GMLMAR25 [ March 25] already went in person and got his application processed on July 17th , Why is consulate not moving to March 26th?

GMLMAR25- Did you got email approval for your application even though they took your passports? Have you got your passports back?

This is so disgusting that there is no visibility when we can expect our applications to be processed? It has become never ending wait...