+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

acmd

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
Hey guys, just to let you know that I got my POE (work permit approval) for me and my husband today! I am expecting the passport within the next couple of days (I assume).

At least we know there are some people working at the NYC office.

@GLMAR25 have you heard anything?

WP_Applicant

Jul 14, 2013
Here's my experience. Reached consulate around 9 AM. There were few people in the queue, the security guard was asking each one their purpose of visiting the consulate. When asked me I told I need an urgent processing request form. The guy told me they have stopped the urgent processing requests and refused to give me the form and told there is no way it can be urgently processed, I can only withdraw the application.
Meanwhile a consulate employee came and everyone was asking him their questions. My turn came here's my conversation,
Me: I'm waiting for more than 90 days, I need to know the status.
Him: Email consulate (at address shown on a board in the entrance).
Me: I already did and got no response.
Him: You will have to wait till your processing in complete.
Me: My stay in USA is expiring in 5 days, what will happen to my application if I travel out of the country.
Him: Which country are you travelling to?
Me: India.
Him: Then once your processing is complete send your passport to Delhi consulate, you can get your visa stamped there.
Me: That is possible?
Him: Yes it is.

So that is what I will try to do, he says it will happen, lets wait and see.

Sri1

Mar 13, 2013
WP_Applicant: HI My wife is in the same situation. I'm planing to send her passport to Delhi consulate. I have applied for her application on march 27th. She will be leaving the country on 29th of this month. So chances are slim for her to get passport request by seeing the number of days they are taking to process 25th March application.

When did you apply for your work permit? Thanks again for sharing your experience. I had the same question and had emailed the consulate with no response back. You saved me a trip to the consulate.

Thanks,
Sri

drnas77

Dec 21, 2012
@WP_Applicant and Sri1: thanks for the information. Please keep posted if Delhi consulate stamps the vis after the applicatio gets processed. Sri1 - my wife also has to go to India for family reasons and will have to stay for a while, probably she will also need to send her passport to Delhi. I have applied for an open work permit for her along with my WP with LMO online April 19.

Are you both going to inform the NY Consulate whether you are required to inform them about change of address? Thanks

GML25MAR

May 19, 2013
Hi guys!

I just reach home from NY Consulate and i'm writing to you what happened!
Last night me and my husband we decided to go NY Consulate to find out what is go in on,given that our employer really need us to work.
So, we left MA,12.30am and we reach the Consulate around 6.00am.
We was first in the line,and the security guy try to send us to the VAC,but we try to explain that we already apply long time a go and we need just info about our app.Then another security guy came ho try to understand us and he let us to go in to the emigration office.
There it was a nice( lady) officer. we explain that we apply almost 4 month a go and we present the letter from our employer that he need us ASAP to work.First time she said that she can not do nothing,but then we ask her again if is any possibility to check in our app.status,and she was very nice and offered to check.
45 min later she call us and she told that our app it will be finalized by next week,which did not make us happy and we ask her again to check if is possible to be finalized today in base in our Employer Emergency Letter,that we presented in the beginning.
She was nice and went again and check with another officer if is possible that and told us to have a seat and wait...After 1 our and 15min she call us again and ask if we have our passports with us,and we just give her the passports!!!We were just happy to hear that,so now i'm waiting for my passport back!!!

So they are all most finished with march 25th,and hopefully they will finish all march applicant by the and of this month.

sealy

Jun 21, 2013
GML25MAR said:
Hi guys!

I just reach home from NY Consulate and i'm writing to you what happened!
Last night me and my husband we decided to go NY Consulate to find out what is go in on,given that our employer really need us to work.
So, we left MA,12.30am and we reach the Consulate around 6.00am.
We was first in the line,and the security guy try to send us to the VAC,but we try to explain that we already apply long time a go and we need just info about our app.Then another security guy came ho try to understand us and he let us to go in to the emigration office.
There it was a nice( lady) officer. we explain that we apply almost 4 month a go and we present the letter from our employer that he need us ASAP to work.First time she said that she can not do nothing,but then we ask her again if is any possibility to check in our app.status,and she was very nice and offered to check.
45 min later she call us and she told that our app it will be finalized by next week,which did not make us happy and we ask her again to check if is possible to be finalized today in base in our Employer Emergency Letter,that we presented in the beginning.
She was nice and went again and check with another officer if is possible that and told us to have a seat and wait...After 1 our and 15min she call us again and ask if we have our passports with us,and we just give her the passports!!!We were just happy to hear that,so now i'm waiting for my passport back!!!

So they are all most finished with march 25th,and hopefully they will finish all march applicant by the and of this month.
Congratulations! With my experience of dealing with the consulate I have to say that you are extremely lucky!
Although hearing that they are only predicting to finish march applications by the end of the month is hardly anything encouraging. Plus, they usually run behind their predictions.

NYTOEDM

Jul 18, 2013
Work Permit Applications at NYC for Jun 2013

Hi,
My wife submitted her work permit application online in the first week of June 2013. She also did an upfront medical exam from one of the pannel of physicians in Manhattan. We got an auto acknowledgement letter right after submitting the application. Then no other correspondence is initiated from the visa office. It has been more than 30 days. We are not even sure, if the application package is complete. We tried to call but nobody pick up the phone and also emailed twice, no reply.

Can anyone share the idea on the processing time in NYC? Once the application is submitted online, is there anything an applicant can do to make sure the application is appropiate and complete. How can we know the status of the application.

Thanks in advance

alpha2007

May 9, 2013
Congratulations GMLMAR25!! Finally there is some movement.
Just one question- WHo mentioned you that they will be done with all March applications this month? Is it someone from consulate or your assumption.
The reason I am asking is they took 2 weeks to process your application and if they work with this pace, it may go beyond July to even process March applications...Please provide your comments

brahem

Jun 28, 2013
WP_Applicant said:
Him: Then once your processing is complete send your passport to Delhi consulate, you can get your visa stamped there.
Me: That is possible?
Him: Yes it is.
So that is what I will try to do, he says it will happen, lets wait and see.
Thanks for your update. At least we don't have to worry that our application will be canceled if we leave the country! I was expecting this would not be a problem, but it's good to have it confirmed.

brahem

Jun 28, 2013
Re: Work Permit Applications at NYC for Jun 2013

NYTOEDM said:
Can anyone share the idea on the processing time in NYC? Once the application is submitted online, is there anything an applicant can do to make sure the application is appropiate and complete. How can we know the status of the application.
There is no estimate of processing time due to strike, but 3 months sounds optimistic at this point.

If you are unsure about the application, best thing is to submit it through VAC in New York, they seem very helpful. If you already submitted it, it has entered the "black hole", so now you can just wait... if you forgot to attach something, they will email you about it.

GML25MAR

May 19, 2013
alpha2007 said:
Congratulations GMLMAR25!! Finally there is some movement.
Just one question- WHo mentioned you that they will be done with all March applications this month? Is it someone from consulate or your assumption.
The reason I am asking is they took 2 weeks to process your application and if they work with this pace, it may go beyond July to even process March applications...Please provide your comments
Hi alpha2007!the officer behind the window.

GML25MAR

May 19, 2013
GML25MAR said:
Hi alpha2007!the officer behind the window.
alfa 2007,sorry i was't clear:so the officer told me that 25March app they'll be ready by next week.and i hope they will let go the other(26,27,28March)

scorpion181181

Star Member
Jun 17, 2013
acmd said:
Hey guys, just to let you know that I got my POE (work permit approval) for me and my husband today! I am expecting the passport within the next couple of days (I assume).

At least we know there are some people working at the NYC office.

@ GLMAR25 have you heard anything?
Congratulations....
May I know when did you apply? please ?

thanks and best of luck.

msiva1981

Jun 22, 2013
Gents,
Here is my situation. I applied Jun 24 and iam sitting here in the US on a H4 Visa as my H1B Expired. My employer would like for me to start working in Canada as soon as possible. I am in a mess. Will visiting the embassy help with a letter from employer and also state that iam without a Job?
When can i get there? A couple of weeks from now. I am getting frustated.