+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

feb15

Apr 29, 2013
just sharing my thought, if you need to wait and running out of 6 years time in US talk to your employer attorney to apply a B2 (visitor visa) change of status. But you can't work. you can stay in US for waiting for WP temporarily..

harith01

Apr 24, 2013
just to give my self a relife, for someone applied in feb, completed the medical exam when from your experience i will get a response for the work permit??????

vanillasky

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Hi guys just want to share finally my passports is in my hand. My agent told me to try getting the work permit at the airport edmonton intl arrival. It has been done many times by her other affiliated agency. I just wanna know if anyone has encountered this if so whats the story. I might decide tomorrow to go to the airport if somebody agrees to drive for me. Bec my trv extension has not arrive yet i think this is sufficient enough to present that i have an approved letter and a multiple trv working visa issued.

Feb25

Apr 26, 2013
Good that you got Your passports back, I believe You applied on Feb 11 as per previous posting. The WP is issued at the port of entry, I believe you need to go any port of entries like Airport or so to get this issued.

Feb25

Apr 26, 2013
It looks others got confirmation for processing till April 23rd application, I believe those who applied online got it processed till April 23. All who applied earlier where via paper, and is still in Feb

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
Feb25 said:
It looks others got confirmation for processing till April 23rd application, I believe those who applied online got it processed till April 23. All who applied earlier where via paper, and is still in Feb
Hi,

I have read that too. I guess those are TRV applicants, it's kinda odd that the online and paper applications have different processing times and it seems the online applications are priority in this case =(

cookie27

Star Member
Apr 16, 2013
RAMb1VAP said:
;D
Today,I have received passport..Below are the events fr my ICT

Online application submitted on Jan 30 2013 for ICT

Received application approval email on MAR-01-2013

Sent passports to NYC embassy MAR-04-2013

Received passports with stamping - MAR-22-2013

Best of luck all 8)
Hmmm it seems it is best to apply online since original passport is not required on initial filing of application. It think this option works best to those/us on a tourist visa in Canada. Question is, after lodging the application online and while waiting for the approval, can we exit Canada? Can we just wait for the approval email from our country of origin. Based from my understanding, he sent his passport after he received the email approval...so can we send the passport from our country of origin?

vanillasky

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
Hi guys i really need help. I wdnt to the airport this morning and the result was negative of course this is a trial error. In getting work permit t the airport. I will go to the border by monday. My problem is i fear they might not permit me to re enter canada even if i have working visa issued and work permit approval because my visitors visa got expired before the issuance of my work permit approval but i was able to submit online application for visitor visa extension. Will it be okay going to the border without the trv extension i applied or i hve to wait for it to arrive before going to the border? I really need help. Pleasee

feb15

Apr 29, 2013
Any body heard update after Feb 13th?

My attorneys got an update yesterday that they are still processing Feb 15th received apps. Wondering the volume of apps they might received. :'(

forsaken11

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
I have been reading this thread and it seems that most applicants, who applied by mail, have been facing a processing time for 10-12 weeks.

I am currently in USA but applied for a TWP online in the first week of April. Has anyone applied for a TWP online recently and gotten any news?

Thanks!

Feb25

Apr 26, 2013
@SA33 - Have You tried to get passport back ?

One more week went without any progress from consulate. I wonder if they stopped processing these days, or we have so many applicants waiting since Feb 13. I am sure, all are reading this but if you can make an entry we would know how many waiting. .. :)

alpha2007

May 9, 2013
I applied online for Work permit application on March 26th and have not heard anything till now.
If anyone has received any updates after Feb 15th , please post. I read 2 months lead time on web site but looks like there is no projections on timelines now a days.