+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

harith01

Apr 24, 2013
Hi Guys
I have question
How long after you email the embassey you will get a response, including the email you posted indicating that they start working on files received on feb/15

saaik85

Apr 12, 2013
harith01 said:
Hi Guys
I have question
How long after you email the embassey you will get a response, including the email you posted indicating that they start working on files received on feb/15
I have sent the email requesting for my visa application status on 15th April. I received reply from NY consulate with landing number updated in the subject of the email.

saaik85

Apr 12, 2013
anandwp said:
With my experience they respond much faster for case specific enquiry than general enquiry email.
I have even raised a case through online. I did not get any response. I have got reply to my email.

saaik85

Apr 12, 2013
samcr77 said:
we both are in same boat, mine was filed 2 days later. i would suggest to visit the consulate friday next week.
Hi samcr77, did you receive your visa and passport?

saaik85

Apr 12, 2013
Feb25 said:
Anyone here applied between Feb 15 & Feb 25 .. Did You get any update ??
Yes. I got an email as below:

Dear Sir/Madame,

This is in response to your email below

Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on February 15, 2013

If you require your passport back sooner, and wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number .

ss28

Apr 1, 2013
Today i got the request for passport for myself 6 days after they send the request for passport for my spouse and kids. I had applied for a Closed work permit but no where they are saying if my work permit is approved or not. The letter says "they have taken a decision on my temporary residence and need my passport for finalizing". So when will they notify me of my work permit status ? will that be send along with my passport back or will they send another email stating my work permit status.

harith01

Apr 24, 2013
I submitted my application on feb 14 and they respond to my email that my application in process, nothing other than that
still waiting

missax

Apr 25, 2013
Hi guys, i finally heard back from NYC consulate this morning and they sent a request for my passport which is good sign right :D (i applied online for an open work permit on Feb 11th). however i do have a question.
i already have a one year multiple entry TRV (expiring in september 2013) and so i don't need a visa which is why i think they're asking for my passport. should i still send it? i know it takes a while for them to answer so i don't know if i should just email asking the question.. or am i wrong and i need to send the passport for my work permit.. i'm a bit confuse and any good advice will be welcome.. thank you

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
missax said:
Hi guys, i finally heard back from NYC consulate this morning and they sent a request for my passport which is good sign right :D (i applied online for an open work permit on Feb 11th). however i do have a question.
i already have a one year multiple entry TRV (expiring in september 2013) and so i don't need a visa which is why i think they're asking for my passport. should i still send it? i know it takes a while for them to answer so i don't know if i should just email asking the question.. or am i wrong and i need to send the passport for my work permit.. i'm a bit confuse and any good advice will be welcome.. thank you
Hi,

Yes you need to send your passport eventhough you have your TRV already. They're not gonna give you another TRV since yours is still valid but they will issue you're LOA and they'll check your passport validity based on the copy that you sent to them (through online). You need to attach their email instructions when you send your passport. Congrats :)