+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Applications at NYC for 2013

vanillasky

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
hi guys goodnews i just got an email. the one we all been waiting for.
and attached is a pdf format of the doc no. and validity. i hope it arrived soon..
we submitted application feb11 received on the 13th. we are visitors who got an lmo and applied for work permit. with an automatic trv now
we have to go to the border to get the work permit and have passport stamped.
:)))))))

UCI: ******
Application No.: W*********
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.
This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.
Dear ******* ******
Please find in the attached document information concerning your application. If you are unable to view or did not receive the attached document, please advise us by forwarding this email to: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new york
Consulate General of Canada
Visa Section
1251 Avenue of the Americas
Concourse Level
New York, New York
10020-1175, USA
www.newyork.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
SA33 said:
Congratulations Vanillasky. Surprisingly you got this on a weekend....
Hi SA33,

Yeah you're right. I wonder if they work on Saturday too because of their loads...lol

Congrats to vanillasky. Good luck to all :)

vanillasky

Star Member
Jan 22, 2013
SA33 said:
Congratulations Vanillasky. Surprisingly you got this on a weekend....
I know its weird bec its weekend but the letter was dated 26apr so i was kinda thinking that maybe it was qued to a system generated email. At least now i know i really know i was waiting for something good. Not anything else to be guessed by.

mo1975

Apr 15, 2013
Any one applied online in April? I heard the online applications are processed faster then the mail in forms it that true? The processing time shown on the CIC website does not indicate wether it is for online or mail in applications. Just says 2 months that too this is based on the last years data no real time eta.

Any insights are appreciated.

Thanks

harith01

Apr 24, 2013
Hi Dr.MCQ
I have the same situation am Physician and need to start at the end of june
i did my medical exam and going to be waiting for the WP
plz up dates me if you get any answers

SA33

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Hi guys!
Just wanted to collate information here on who all are now pending from Feb'13 submissions at NYC?
Please update.

saaik85

Apr 12, 2013
Hi All,

Any one applied for ICT through mail in between Feb 10th - Feb 25th. Any updates on visa status?

ss28

Apr 1, 2013
Hi.. i applied Online on Feb 9th. work permit for me, Open work permit for my wife and 2 TRVs for my kids.. After follow up with NYC got a mail on 4/26th that they are currently working on Feb 6th applications. But on the same day I got 3 notifications requesting original passport for my wife's and kids's TRVs but not mine. They have not taken a decision on my wife's Open Work permit either which i presume will be done only after they decide the status of my work permit. So i dont know if they have started working on my application or not, but I am still waiting.
Is there anyone out there who had a similar experience of your's and spouse's work permit being approved on different dates ?

Feb25

Apr 26, 2013
Today's reply from consulate

----
Processing has begun on this application and is now in queue for assessment.

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on February 15, 2013

----------

Please post if any other updates You have.

saaik85

Apr 12, 2013
Hi All,

I have got an email today as below.

Dear Sir/Madame,

This is in response to your email below

All applications are reviewed in the order in which they are received. An exact schedule of completion is not available at this time as our processing time is a minimum of (30) thirty days. Our office is currently finalizing applications received on February 15, 2013

If you require your passport back sooner, and wish to withdraw your application, please send a message to this e-mail address. Please be sure to put the following in the subject line: "Request to withdraw application". In your email, please be sure to include your full name, your date of birth, your sex, your passport number .

How long it will take after this email. anyone has any idea on this. please respond

saaik85

Apr 12, 2013
Feb25 said:
Today's reply from consulate

----

----------

Please post if any other updates You have.
When did you send your aplication?