+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WORK PERMIT APPLICATION - UAE APPLICANT

BV2011

Jun 25, 2011
Hi everybody!

So excited to received my LMO and employment contract from my employer 2 days ago. :)

Now, I am on the process of gathering all the documents required while studying the application forms.

I have some questions:
1. Is an email copy of the employment contract enough or should I request my employer to send the original by courier?
2. Since, I am a Temporary foreign worker, do I need to show a proof of funds?
3. My residence visa is from Dubai, can I request Police Clearance in Sharjah since I am residing there.

Thank you in advance for all your response.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. No - copy is enough.
2. No, explain that as a TFW you will be earning enough money to satisfy your financial needs in Canada.
3. Obtain police certificates for any country you have lived in for 6 months or more within the last 5 years (at least) as well as your country of citizenship. It shouldn't matter which city you obtain it from as it should cover the whole country.

BV2011

Jun 25, 2011
rjessome said:
1. No - copy is enough.
2. No, explain that as a TFW you will be earning enough money to satisfy your financial needs in Canada.
3. Obtain police certificates for any country you have lived in for 6 months or more within the last 5 years (at least) as well as your country of citizenship. It shouldn't matter which city you obtain it from as it should cover the whole country.
Thanks rjessome for your response... This morning, I went to Dubai Police Station near Al Mulla Plaza. I applied for my certificate. I will get it after 3 days. It's good that they did not ask for Emirates ID, (I don't have it yet eh!). Anyway, for others who want to request Police Clearance Certificate in Abu Dhabi and Sharjah, you need to present your Emirates ID card together with other requirements.

Glutten

Star Member
Jun 26, 2011
Hi

Same here im in the process of gathering all the documents.
But one thing i need to be sure of, my passport will expire on november, and its on the process of renewal. Can i still submit my papers with my old passport and the new one to follow? As we all know ot takes time to renew phil passport, mine will be release on august.

genmaui

Apr 5, 2011
hi,

i have the same situation. I sent all my requirements last may 10 and until now I don't have answers neither reply from the embassy. Is there anyone knows exactly the processing time? I am really getting worried as I have included my passports in my application. Is there a way to ask the embassy for an update?

Please help.... really need an answer...

Glutten

Star Member
Jun 26, 2011
Hi

Based on some blogs here it took them 3-4 months before they recieved a reply from the embassy...
May i know what are the requirements in getting police certificate in sharjah? And how did you submit your aplication? Where did you get a bank draft? Thanks ;D

BV2011

Jun 25, 2011
Glutten said:
Hi

Based on some blogs here it took them 3-4 months before they recieved a reply from the embassy...
May i know what are the requirements in getting police certificate in sharjah? And how did you submit your aplication? Where did you get a bank draft? Thanks ;D
hi,

These are the requirements to request Police clearance certificate in Sharjah:
Terms:
The residence visa must be issued from Sharjah city and issued from 6 months.
No criminal record.
Fingerprints will be taken.
Required documents:
Copy from passport + residence visa for non citizens.
Present identification card from Emirates Identity Institution.
One passport picture.
Fees (52) DHS.

Check also in Sharjah Police website for procedures.

jamsky24

Feb 1, 2011
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/2/2011
Doc's Request.
04/04/2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
29/05/2011
VISA ISSUED...
05/06/2011, ABU DHABI
:)kabayans, @BV2011, do you have offer letter as well? @genmaui...check my timeline...sent documents on Feb 28, got my visa stamped on June 5, as for the bank draft you can get it at Al Fardan if you are living here in Sharjah...its in the Al Fardan Bldg..near Buhairah Police Station...If you have any questions maybe I can help.. :D

Good luck and Godbless to all!

BV2011

Jun 25, 2011
jamsky24 said:
:)kabayans, @ BV2011, do you have offer letter as well? @ genmaui...check my timeline...sent documents on Feb 28, got my visa stamped on June 5, as for the bank draft you can get it at Al Fardan if you are living here in Sharjah...its in the Al Fardan Bldg..near Buhairah Police Station...If you have any questions maybe I can help.. :D

Good luck and Godbless to all!
Hi Jamsky,
ala akong offer letter na nareceived sa employer ko...bale ang pinadala lang nya sa akin after 1 week na mtapos ang phone interview are the copy of LMO and Employment Contract. Kailangan ko bang humingi sa kanya ng offer letter?

nabraj

Sep 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
genmaui said:
hi,

i have the same situation. I sent all my requirements last may 10 and until now I don't have answers neither reply from the embassy. Is there anyone knows exactly the processing time? I am really getting worried as I have included my passports in my application. Is there a way to ask the embassy for an update?

Please help.... really need an answer...
hi are you still wating for visa?

BV2011

Jun 25, 2011
I submitted my documents last July 10 to Canada Embassy in Abu Dhabi, sadly, no news from them until now... :(

YZSMC11

Oct 21, 2011
Hi Guys!

Are you receiving any Acknowledgment of Receipt when you sent your TWP Application?
Mine, in Hongkong. I just confirmed in courier that it has been delivered but I haven't received any since August 26.

By the way, do you know anybody who applied his/her visa in UAE Canadian Consulate but fly from Manila?
Do we need to go through POEA, OEC etc?? because my agency is in Canada.

Thank you so much for any advice. Looking forward to hear from you!

nabraj

Sep 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BV2011 said:
I submitted my documents last July 10 to Canada Embassy in Abu Dhabi, sadly, no news from them until now... :(
hi according to Cic abudhabi 80%of work permit application processing time is 7 months for more click this
cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/workers.asp
so guys just wait and pray ..may be next week good news

YZSMC11

Oct 21, 2011
Hi genmaui! And to others here who sent their application before july 11. Did u receive any response from your embassy yet?

Glutten

Star Member
Jun 26, 2011
Time line: CIC Abu Dhabi
June 4: LMO approved
June 10:LMo&contract received
June 15: passpory renewal
July 21: application submitted
Aug23: bank draft debited

-still no reply frOm them yet