+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Application - Maintained Status - Also apply for visitor status?

compiler1234

Nov 13, 2023
Hello,

I have applied for a new work permit under the OWP Spousal PR sponsorship policy and will be on maintained status shortly. Currently still on an active work permit but it's about to expire.

Does it make sense to also apply for a visitor status/record before my work permit expires, in case the pending work permit or PR application is returned for some reason?

If an application was to be returned due to incompleteness (missing signature, etc), does the 90-day restoration period start from the day it was returned or from the day of the original work permit expiry?

Thank you in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I have applied for a new work permit under the OWP Spousal PR sponsorship policy and will be on maintained status shortly. Currently still on an active work permit but it's about to expire.

Does it make sense to also apply for a visitor status/record before my work permit expires, in case the pending work permit or PR application is returned for some reason?

If an application was to be returned due to incompleteness (missing signature, etc), does the 90-day restoration period start from the day it was returned or from the day of the original work permit expiry?

Thank you in advance!
Do you already have AOR from your spousal sponsorship application?

compiler1234

Nov 13, 2023
No, but that’s irrelevant. I have already applied for a new work permit under the current policy that allows to apply without AOR as long as the current permit expire in two weeks or less.

The question is whether it makes sense to apply for a visitor record on top of maintained status?

Sraeji

May 8, 2021
Please let me know what your plan is. I am on same boat. We submitted our spousal sponsorship and my PGWP will be expiring June 2nd . I am still waiting for AOR. I have to wait for AOR or to be in last two weeks of my work permit expire to submit SOWP. Should we apply for visitor record just in case