+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit application inland submitted Jan/Feb 2022 timeline

AJJP89

Sep 9, 2022
Got my work permit in the mail today. So fast!

To my surprise they didn't restrict me in terms of forcing me to live in city where I work. They restricted it to the province in general - so I could move around where I want in the territory and work remotely!

So complete timeline:
  • Closed Work Permit Application (Online)
  • AR: 30 March, 2022
  • GU - Eligibility Review: 30 August, 2022
  • GU - Decision Made: 31 August, 2022
  • Approval Letter: 1 September, 2022
  • Received Work Permit From CPC-Edmonton: 6 September, 2022
Just for curiosity, where are you located? I'm just asking since the Work Permit was mailed really fast to you.

My Eligibility Review started yesterday but I haven't received any more updates. I really need the Work Permit in my hands since I need to travel back to my country very urgently.

AJJP89

Sep 9, 2022
Timeline
  • Closed Work Permit Application (Online)
  • AR: 15 March, 2022
  • GU - Eligibility Review: 30 August, 2022
Still waiting.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Just for curiosity, where are you located? I'm just asking since the Work Permit was mailed really fast to you.

My Eligibility Review started yesterday but I haven't received any more updates. I really need the Work Permit in my hands since I need to travel back to my country very urgently.
Regina. The eligibility review should really only take 1-2 days max. Assuming you're approved, you'll likely have it next week.

If you see that your work permit is approved on your GCKey account and it says "valid", you're fine to keep working and obviously CBSA will know you have a valid permit when you're back. You just have to explain that you had to leave before it was mailed to you if that's the case.

JGMF22

Star Member
Feb 10, 2022

Sorry just a question, your eligibility review started on Sep 08 or August 30?

Reactions: Keith IG Stream

Miracle2018

Jan 3, 2018
Hi guys! I after 215 days I finally got approved!!!

Should I receive any type of letter on my account? Because right now it is only showing "document status" with the work permit and ETA dates, status, etc.

I actually haven't receive any email about it, I just found out because I access my GC account
Congratulations! You should receive an approval letter in your GCKey account within 24 hours.

• Love
Reactions: JGMF22

Keith IG Stream

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021

Should I receive any type of letter on my account? Because right now it is only showing "document status" with the work permit and ETA dates, status, etc.

I actually haven't receive any email about it, I just found out because I access my GC account
Congrats broooo!!!!

• Love
Reactions: JGMF22

AJJP89

Sep 9, 2022

Congratulations! One question. If you call IRCC, what message do you get? Did you only receive notice through the GC account or by phone as well?

JGMF22

Star Member
Feb 10, 2022
Congratulations! One question. If you call IRCC, what message do you get? Did you only receive notice through the GC account or by phone as well?
Thank you! well the only time I called them was last Thursday when the customer service lady told me she was going to send a notification to the officer to let him/her know that my application has exceeded the normal processing time, the day after they started reviewing my eligibility (Friday) and I got the approval yesterday. I only noticed about the approval because I access my GC account and saw it but they did not send anything either by email or phone, until an hour ago when I received by email that there was an update and a new message on my account (correspondence letter)