+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WORK PERMIT APPLICATION - CIC RIYADH Saudi Arabia APPLICANT

SMAKBAR

Star Member
Dec 25, 2012
Hasho said:
I think CIC make some changes regarding the WP

http://www.canadavisa.com/major-changes-made-to-temporary-foreign-worker-program.html
would not effect us, I believe.

butchie

Apr 17, 2013
Hi everyone! Hope everyone is doing fine. I would like to ask something, i hope you don't mind :). My friend sent his applications to the embassy and after almost a week they returned it to him with the couple of additional requirements. They are asking for supplementary forms, employers certificate and some other things. Now the employers certificate is not yet ready.. it's taking the company too long to issue it. They said it only needs the presidents signature and he can get it. But the problem is the LMO is expiring this May 9. My question is will it be still valid if he fail to send his application after May 9, since it's only for some additional requirements or we're done? :( Hope someone will reply... thanks!

Rajaryan

Jul 6, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
10-11-2013
Med's Done....
23-06-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In Canada on TFW
@butchie
Ur application / documents should reach embassy b4 ur lmo expires or elsr they will reject ur application.
If its taking too long to get the company letter then you can write an explanation letter explaining ur situation and include it in ur package. U can say that u will send the company letter as soon as u receive it. But send all other documents asap or else they will not process ur fnds application.
Hope this helps. Let me know if u have need any more clarification.

cynthialaster

Sep 1, 2012
Rajaryan said:
My experience

Getting out from Saudi Arabia(Dammam Airport)
IT was good. No issues. me and my wife did our final exit together. Our iqamas expired on 15th Feb and my last of the notice period was 27th Feb 2013, so my company took our iqamas submitted it in the passport office (MOFA)and directly GAVE us the final exit visa from the MOFA. I mean had it been our iqamas valid, then a separate letter in given by the Employer and the iqamas are collected at the airport immigration and then they would give the final exit stamp. But my case was different because my iqama expired before my notice period so instead of renewing my iqama my Company processed my final exit on 14th feb(b4 iqama expires) and as the final exit visa is valid for 3 months so it automatically covered my notice period.
In the airport all went smooth. The immigration officer first asked my wife to come and did her final exit and then did mine. But the strange part was he just stamped our passports and tore the final exit visa paper which my company attached at the end of our passports and kept the final exit visa with him.. He didn't return it back. So the word of caution is b4 going to airport just copy or scan ur final exit papers attached to ur passport and go.. You never know these saudi immigration officers. thank god I did scan both the final exit visas b4 hand.
I guess you all would be knowing the basic rules of final exit i.e no loans no credit card dues , no car no traffic violation fines in ur name etc. All these I had to do b4 getting the final exit.

I would suggest the following,
1) get ur and all family members above 18yrs of age Saudi PCC b4 leaving Saudi Arabia as after that its impossible to get. And this is one of the most imp documents if u ever wish to apply for PR after coming to canda.
The PCC is in Arabic so don't forget to get it translated in English by certified translators other wise its of no use here :)
2) Get urs and all members Saudi Iqama translated in and certified in English.
3) If you were driving Get a No traffic Violation letter from the Traffic Dept and translate in English.
4) Get ur driving lic also translated in English for the safer side.
5) Get a job responsibility(apart from Experience and relieving letters) letter from ur employer as more the documents u have more chances of PR.
6) All ur documents like relieving letter exp letters etc etc which you would be getting don't forget to do the chamber of commerce attestation. While applying for PR attested / notarized documents carry more weightage than normal documents.

Thats all I can remember at the moment in Saudi Arabia :)

Landing in Calgary, You will feel you have landed in gods place :) Everything looks feels so good and positive.. People , police etc meet and greet so delightfully one cant imagine.. Was really fed up seeing all those gloomy and afraid faces in saudi arabia :)
PS: First timer line moves very fast here unlike Saudi Arabia where you have to wait for ages for ur turn :)

1) The Borders officer greeted us happily included a piece of paper in both me and my wife's and guided us to the immigration officer.
2) The Immigration Officer took our passports and the authorization letter (this letter you get when you receive ur visas from the Embassy. There will be a letter included in the courier) and gave the actual work permit instantly. I got Specific work permit that I can only work for my present employer. And my wife got open spousal work permit. She can work any where switch any no of companies any no of times :) I tell you wife's are the most luckiest of all. We husbands do the hard work and they enjoy the benefits :)

(Its better keep all ur documents( personal processional educational documents which you included while applying for visa in Riyadh) with you when you land here as it might happen the immigration officer would also ask for LMO etc etc)
3) thats it.. Welcome to Canada guys :)

Hi sir,

Congrats, I've read you're already settled in Canada. I've got few concerns though, Im hoping you could help me. I have submitted my Documents in Canadian Embassy here in Riyadh last December 20, 2012. I had my medical examintaion on February 7, 2013, I sent few emails to the embassy hoping to get any word with regards to my application, and they said it's still on process. The thing is, my Iqama will expire next week, May 19, 2013, the management didn't want to renew my Iqama since I've filed my Final Exit letter after I've finished my contract on March 14, 2013. I will talk to my manager and will let him file my exit visa prior to my Iqama expiration date which is due on May 19, 2013. I will still have 3 months before I leave Saudi Arabia. Do you have any idea how long will it still take for me to get my visa ready? I'm afraid maybe it will still take long, and I will have to leave the kingdom after 3 months. Shall I email the embassy about my concerns, because my friend said maybe it will delay the process or they might cancel my application because there isn't enough time. Please, I'm hoping to get a response. Thank you.

butchie

Apr 17, 2013
Rajaryan said:
@ butchie
Ur application / documents should reach embassy b4 ur lmo expires or elsr they will reject ur application.
If its taking too long to get the company letter then you can write an explanation letter explaining ur situation and include it in ur package. U can say that u will send the company letter as soon as u receive it. But send all other documents asap or else they will not process ur fnds application.
Hope this helps. Let me know if u have need any more clarification.
@Rajaryan- thank you for being so helpful. He already sent his application without the employment certificate but he did include a note explaining his situation just as you advised. We're just waiting for a positive response. Thanks again!

Hasho

Star Member
Dec 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2014
Nomination.....
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
23-04-2015
Passport Req..
06 April 2016
SMAKBAR said:
@ hashu
Brother why you are so quite, say some?
Nothing to say any thing bro........ I am so upset and frustrated. I do not know what to do Embassy not responding to email. Its almost five months and still under process.

SMAKBAR

Star Member
Dec 25, 2012
Hasho said:
Nothing to say any thing bro........ I am so upset and frustrated. I do not know what to do Embassy not responding to email. Its almost five months and still under process.
you are quite right. but when I see my choices, keeping quite and waiting would feel the best one. My Iqama is due next month and if I get an appoval after that, my 7500 riyals would be in gutter. But what can you do, so I pray for you and I believe you would do the same to me. God bless us all.

butchie

Apr 17, 2013
SMAKBAR said:
you are quite right. but when I see my choices, keeping quite and waiting would feel the best one. My Iqama is due next month and if I get an appoval after that, my 7500 riyals would be in gutter. But what can you do, so I pray for you and I believe you would do the same to me. God bless us all.
So sorry to hear about that Smakbar and sorry to butt in but I thought saudi cic is much faster than here in manila. My brother sent his application last april 13 and just today he got an email requesting for medical. I will pray for you and Hashno. God bless!

Rajaryan

Jul 6, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
10-11-2013
Med's Done....
23-06-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In Canada on TFW
sorry for the delayed reply.
Did you mention doing your medical exam?? this means your NOC code falls under low skilled category??
For high skilled category (o a b) it almost takes 5-6 months to get the visa and for low skilled almost an year. If you are really lucky then you would get in earlier. The problem is the embassy would be needing your new iqama details or else they will stop processing your application and simply reject on the basis that you are now not a legal resident of saudi arabia.
You could however extend ur final exit visa and email the embassy the details and hope for the best.
Also you could find a new employer and come back to saudi arabia and send the updated information to the embassy just to show that you are the legal resident of the country.
The problem is the day the embassy finds out the you are now not a legal resident of the country they will stop processing ur application and reject ur package.
The only hope now is extend ur final exit visa and send the embassy the copies of it with a cover letter explaining your situation and hope of the best.
If in 3 months u get ur visa then its perfect or else try to get an employer so that you can come back to saudi again and the embassy could then continue processing ur application.

all the best .

cynthialaster said:
Hi sir,

Congrats, I've read you're already settled in Canada. I've got few concerns though, Im hoping you could help me. I have submitted my Documents in Canadian Embassy here in Riyadh last December 20, 2012. I had my medical examintaion on February 7, 2013, I sent few emails to the embassy hoping to get any word with regards to my application, and they said it's still on process. The thing is, my Iqama will expire next week, May 19, 2013, the management didn't want to renew my Iqama since I've filed my Final Exit letter after I've finished my contract on March 14, 2013. I will talk to my manager and will let him file my exit visa prior to my Iqama expiration date which is due on May 19, 2013. I will still have 3 months before I leave Saudi Arabia. Do you have any idea how long will it still take for me to get my visa ready? I'm afraid maybe it will still take long, and I will have to leave the kingdom after 3 months. Shall I email the embassy about my concerns, because my friend said maybe it will delay the process or they might cancel my application because there isn't enough time. Please, I'm hoping to get a response. Thank you.

vich25

Apr 15, 2013
hello everyone, Im new to this forum and before anything else, kudos to all the seniors, esp Mr. Rajaryan whos instigated this forum and to all members. I say this forum is really of great help to those who wants to go to canada. in my case im still waiting for my LMO and as i go through the forum, i picked up a lot of helpful procedures. However, does anybody knows how long will it take for the LMO to be released. thanks in advance.

Rajaryan

Jul 6, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
21-10-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
10-11-2013
Med's Done....
23-06-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In Canada on TFW
In general it takes 6 - 8 weeks to get the lmo. But it depends on ur employer. How effectively they submit the application to the HRDTC CANADA.

vich25

Apr 15, 2013
Rajaryan said:
In general it takes 6 - 8 weeks to get the lmo. But it depends on ur employer. How effectively they submit the application to the HRDTC CANADA.
@rajaryan,
Thanks for the response. Hope you & your family are doing well in canada right now. By the way, which place are you settled in. I have a sister in calgary and they are the one who arranged an employer for me. And as mentioned by her, their agent is processing my lmo right now.
If i will to submit my application,should i include also the "Use of a Representative" form? Thanks again
And also, is the VO requiring IELTS?

@To my Kabayans, upon submission of your applications,did you include also your NBI clearances?
Appreciating you king responses..thanks