+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit Application after LMIA approved Job offer

Amit1502

Nov 9, 2017
Hi ,
I have recently received a lmia approved job offer (Dual intent) .My express entry profile is already in pool and last month my visitor visa got refused.
Now I am trying to fill work permit application and visa application for my wife and 4 year old daughter.
1) What type of visa I can apply for my family?I have selected visit visa (more than 6 months duration)
2)When I fill intial questionnaire for work permit application,it ask ‘what do you want to do” ,when I select work…It gives options to choose how long I want to stay ..atleast 1 year or permanent ..now If I select permanent (as my PR application is in pool and LMiA is also dual intent) ,it doesn’t give options for work permit application.IF I select temporary stay then only it provides work permit application option.

Anyone in similar situation..Please respond
Thanks

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
Hi ,
I have recently received a lmia approved job offer (Dual intent) .My express entry profile is already in pool and last month my visitor visa got refused.
Now I am trying to fill work permit application and visa application for my wife and 4 year old daughter.
1) What type of visa I can apply for my family?I have selected visit visa (more than 6 months duration)
2)When I fill intial questionnaire for work permit application,it ask ‘what do you want to do” ,when I select work…It gives options to choose how long I want to stay ..atleast 1 year or permanent ..now If I select permanent (as my PR application is in pool and LMiA is also dual intent) ,it doesn’t give options for work permit application.IF I select temporary stay then only it provides work permit application option.

Anyone in similar situation..Please respond
Thanks
1. For you close work permit, for your wife open work permit and for your daughter visit visa or study permit.
2 check your LMIA duration, mine was for 2 years then I put durations for work 2 years.

Amit1502

Nov 9, 2017
1. For you close work permit, for your wife open work permit and for your daughter visit visa or study permit.
2 check your LMIA duration, mine was for 2 years then I put durations for work 2 years.
Thank you for your response.
If I select open work permit for my wife,It ask for "Purpose of visit-Other" .Do we need to upload any documents related to intention to return?If yes ,what documents do we need.

For my daughter,two types of visit visa.. Visit-Tourism and Visit-All other...which one should I select?

kBoy20

Nov 17, 2022
Thank you for your response.
If I select open work permit for my wife,It ask for "Purpose of visit-Other" .Do we need to upload any documents related to intention to return?If yes ,what documents do we need.

For my daughter,two types of visit visa.. Visit-Tourism and Visit-All other...which one should I select?
Hi,

You have to choose "Visit-All other. " for your baby.

For "Purpose of visit-Other", you have to write a cover letter describing the reason for coming with you, why she chose an open work visa, How she can contribute, and so on.

Amit1502

Nov 9, 2017
Hi,

You have to choose "Visit-All other. " for your baby.

For "Purpose of visit-Other", you have to write a cover letter describing the reason for coming with you, why she chose an open work visa, How she can contribute, and so on.
Thank you KBoy20...I would really appreciate if you can share a sample cover letter (if it is readily available with you) on sharma.attri@gmail.com