+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit and TRV

minhas23

Mar 13, 2020
Hello everyone, I have the same situation. Work permit is approved and I have 30 days to send my passport to the consulate however VAC is closed. I have valid tourist visa and my profession Cook is qualified as an essential however I am not sure if I can travel to Canada and receive Work visa in the boarder. I will appreciate any information.
Did CIC ask you to submit the passport?
In my case, they didn't ask me to submit the passport. I applied from India
And I consulted around 3 Canadian Immigration consultants and all of them say that we can travel with existing TRV ( Visitor category ) and letter of introduction/Approval letter.

Last edited:

Caribemar

Sep 24, 2020
Did CIC ask you to submit the passport?
In my case, they didn't ask me to submit the passport. I applied from India
And I consulted around 3 Canadian Immigration consultants and all of them say that we can travel with existing TRV ( Visitor category ) and letter of introduction/Approval letter.
Yes, they did. I have applied through Mexico.

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on
your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada within
30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.
Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.

minhas23

Mar 13, 2020
Yes, they did. I have applied through Mexico.

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on
your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada within
30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.
Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.
But this is the reply of TRV application. May be its a different steps for different countries.
You need to complete this step.
Raise webform on ircc website mentioning that VAC is closed.

Last edited:

Caribemar

Sep 24, 2020
But this is the reply of TRV application. May be its a different steps for different countries.
You need to complete this step.
Raise webform on ircc website mentioning that VAC is closed.
yeah, I believe so. Actually, I send the message through webform and have received the answer the same day, however it was just a standard reply from consulate of Mexico that they are closed for the public. I will wait until October, 1 to see if VAC opens and if not I will send the email directly to the consulate.
and what about your next steps?

minhas23

Mar 13, 2020
yeah, I believe so. Actually, I send the message through webform and have received the answer the same day, however it was just a standard reply from consulate of Mexico that they are closed for the public. I will wait until October, 1 to see if VAC opens and if not I will send the email directly to the consulate.
and what about your next steps?
I am traveling to Canada now. As in my application, ircc approved the work application and I already have TRV to travel

canadawp2020

Sep 26, 2020
I am traveling to Canada now. As in my application, ircc approved the work application and I already have TRV to travel
Hi @minhas23, glad to hear you are able to travel now. I am still waiting for my work permit approval and I already have a TRV (visitor). I would love to hear what your travel experience was like with a visitor TRV. Thanks!

rajb239

Jul 17, 2020
I heard people who got their WP approved and in India, they are going to Dubai to get the WP stamped in their passport and travelling to Canada from there. Would love to hear from @minhas23 about his experience. Please update us if everything smoothly goes through.

sami26

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-10-2022
AOR Received.
09-10-2022
I heard people who got their WP approved and in India, they are going to Dubai to get the WP stamped in their passport and travelling to Canada from there. Would love to hear from @minhas23 about his experience. Please update us if everything smoothly goes through.
Wow!! Really?
After writing several emails I also got to know that my application is approved in principle but since the VACs are closed, they cannot request passport. I am oping for the VACs to open now.

rajb239

Jul 17, 2020
Today my work permit got approved but no passport request letter RPRF generated. I am in India and here VAC will remain closed in October. I have a valid Tourist visa though. Any idea if I can travel?

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Today my work permit got approved but no passport request letter RPRF generated. I am in India and here VAC will remain closed in October. I have a valid Tourist visa though. Any idea if I can travel?
Can you tell us about your timeline?

Caribemar

Sep 24, 2020
hello guys, I have another doubt. The immigration consultant recommended to send the passport to any other VAC which is open but I am not sure about it. I have applied from Venezuela and my biometrics were taken here at VAC office, WP application processed in Mexico. My question is can I send the passport to VAC in USA, New York for example? or I have just as an option to send the passport to VAC in Mexico?

Reactions: Ms81

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
hello guys, I have another doubt. The immigration consultant recommended to send the passport to any other VAC which is open but I am not sure about it. I have applied from Venezuela and my biometrics were taken here at VAC office, WP application processed in Mexico. My question is can I send the passport to VAC in USA, New York for example? or I have just as an option to send the passport to VAC in Mexico?
You can use any VAC, as long as they can return it to your address.

Gaurav.Projekt

May 7, 2020
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-08-2020
AOR Received.
28-08-2020
Med's Done....
19-10-2020
Passport Req..
NA
Canada In-land : Any idea whether do we get PPR request for Visa stamping (for new work permit extension) or do we have to file for TRV application post WP approval?
In my case, I had applied for WP extension which got approved recently and my original work permit VISA is already expired few weeks ago.