+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit and TRV

minhas23

Mar 13, 2020
Hi, I have one doubt if someone can help me in understanding it.
I got my work visa approval from IRCC yesterday. I also have a TRV with Visitor category with expiry till 2028.
Do I need re-stamping for TRV with worker category or my existing TRV will allow me to travel to Canada.
I applied from India

Thanks in advance

MelayOcampo17

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
I got my work visa approval from IRCC yesterday. I also have a TRV with Visitor category with expiry till 2028.
Do I need re-stamping for TRV with worker category or my existing TRV will allow me to travel to Canada.
I applied from India

Thanks in advance
Your TRV is still valid and yes it will allow you to travel. Work permit visa stamp is a separate stamp. Hope it helps.

sami26

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-10-2022
AOR Received.
09-10-2022
I applied from India

Thanks in advance
Hi,
Could you please share your visa timeline here, it will be informative to us waiting for our visas.

Sibb

Aug 12, 2020
I applied from India

Thanks in advance
I think you have a V1 visa stamp. If yes, then you will need stamping with W1 visa.

I am in the same situation.

minhas23

Mar 13, 2020
I think you have a V1 visa stamp. If yes, then you will need stamping with W1 visa.

I am in the same situation.
Hi @Sibb,
Please do let me know if you get some exact information on it.
I have sent email to immigration office and raised webform also.
I will update here if I got some confirmed answer

minhas23

Mar 13, 2020
Hi, have you got any response from your attorney?
I asked another consultant from Canada and as per her if IRCC didnt ask me for the passport submission then I can travel to Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, have you got any response from your attorney?
I asked another consultant from Canada and as per her if IRCC didnt ask me for the passport submission then I can travel to Canada
CIC is not currently asking for passport submissions because offices in India are closed.

Caribemar

Sep 24, 2020
Hello everyone, I have the same situation. Work permit is approved and I have 30 days to send my passport to the consulate however VAC is closed. I have valid tourist visa and my profession Cook is qualified as an essential however I am not sure if I can travel to Canada and receive Work visa in the boarder. I will appreciate any information.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone, I have the same situation. Work permit is approved and I have 30 days to send my passport to the consulate however VAC is closed. I have valid tourist visa and my profession Cook is qualified as an essential however I am not sure if I can travel to Canada and receive Work visa in the boarder. I will appreciate any information.
You need to obtain the work permit before you will be allowed to board the plane and travel to Canada. If you attempt to board with just the tourist visa, your reasons for travel will be flagged as non-essential and you will be denied board. I'm not sure if there's a workaround to the VAC being closed. Hopefully someone else will comment.