+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work hours calculation for CEC

AbhishekNene

May 20, 2020
Should be okay. So you’ll have 1.5 years of work experience. You can’t count hours in excess of 30 hours /week
Yes
But my consultant was asking me if I can remove the word 'Part time' from the experience letter (which I can not because I don't want to lie and I have all the payslips and T4 to prove I worked more than 30 hours per week)

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Yes
But my consultant was asking me if I can remove the word 'Part time' from the experience letter (which I can not because I don't want to lie and I have all the payslips and T4 to prove I worked more than 30 hours per week)
Reading from the IRCC website, you hours looks fine. As long you don’t count more than 30 per well.

“For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15 hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560 hours. You can work more than 1 part-time job to get the hours you need to apply.

We don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week.”

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

marslan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
Hi Guys, Can anybody please clear the confusion about working hours for TR_PR Pathway. Plenty of information is available but not to the point, there are too many views regarding it.

Can anybody please confirm that if I have total hours of 1560 (For Essential Non-Health Worker)
It includes Statutory Holidays, Vacation Holidays, Weekly 20-35 hours, and number of year > 1

Are those enough for the Stream B (Non-Essential Health Worker) to claim the PR or I have to subtract the vacation, stat holidays, and those hours which are greater than 30/week from the total hours?

Although, the letter from my employer states that average weekly < 30.

Any Legit experienced person, especially who have similar kind of cases and got AOR/eCOPR?

Reactions: maxiie

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Hi guys, are PT hours counted as 1/2 of FT length, if someone works for 20 hours on PT per week would it be calculated as 2/3 of FT length or 1/2 of it?
Also, would they consider average of total PT hours over the duration as I got my pay bi-weekly and not on weekly basis so hours are reflected on bi-weekly basis. Please share

Aman2912!

Oct 3, 2021
Hi i have query regarding the express entry first is regarding the hour calculation does CIC counts all the hours below 30/week and the second question is when is the best time to apply for the PCC after creating the profile or before submitting the document as the PCC is valid only for 6 months.

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Hi i have query regarding the express entry first is regarding the hour calculation does CIC counts all the hours below 30/week and the second question is when is the best time to apply for the PCC after creating the profile or before submitting the document as the PCC is valid only for 6 months.
Yes they take into account all the hours below 30 hrs/week and for EE I think your PCC is locked at the time of submission so you're good

delixo

Star Member
Feb 25, 2019
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
April 6, 2023
Doc's Request.
June 13th 2023
AOR Received.
April 6 2023
Med's Done....
May 9th 2023
I,m in the same boat.My understanding is that if you have worked more than 1560 hours and employment lasted the minimum of 52 weeks, You will be fine.Information on the website is ambiguous.
However, it would be extremely hard to keep the minimum of 30 hours consistent if you don,t have guaranteed hours contract.in my case.
I have worked some weeks 40 or even more than hours but in few weeks 26 or 28 weeks.My understanding is as long as an average week you have the accumulation of 30 hours; that should be fine.
Hi! My husband is in the same situation right now. Did you manage to get through CEC?

AnnSi

Jan 22, 2024
Hi Everyone, I just wanted to ask, I worked as a support worker (healthcare also) and my hours is 23.5 per week I started March up to present I don’t know if I can apply for CEC. My employer is lack of knowledge also they only believe that I can apply only if I work 30hrs or more per week as full time.