+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work for spouse

luna897

May 4, 2018
Hi,

I my wife have PR in Canada . So , I wanna go asap . For that I will apply which kind of visa and start work in Canada .
Anyone have any idea .

Is I need work permit
Is there any way go without work permit (other visa) and do work
let me know , please anyone make help .

Thanks in Advance .

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hi,

I my wife have PR in Canada . So , I wanna go asap . For that I will apply which kind of visa and start work in Canada .
Anyone have any idea .

Is I need work permit

Thanks in Advance .
If you the PA reside outside Canada and your spousal sponsorship is Outland, you could apply for a visitor visa and if approved come to Canada for a short stay (usually maximum 6 months).

However, you can's apply for Work Permit or allowed to legally work........only after your PR is approved and you are landed in Canada, you could legally work without any restrictions.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship.46995/page-1879#post-6916656

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi,

Anyone have any idea .

Is I need work permit

Thanks in Advance .
Did you apply for PR via Family sponsorship? (your wife as the sponsor)

There is no work permit for spouse of PR. Only if you can get a visitor visa to Canada and then if you apply for family sponsorship inland (after you travel to Canada with the visa), then there is an option to apply for an open work permit. The permit takes around 4 months to be approved.

Having a spouse with PR will make it harder to get a visitor visa though. You need to proof strong tie to home country and good travel history to get visitor visa.

BTW you cannot work without a proper work permit.

luna897

May 4, 2018
My wife is in Canada (PR) , she recently applied my spouse visa . I'm in India working as software Engineer .
Is there any other option to go as soon as possible to Canada .
Can I search job (IT Companies) and do freelancing on behalf of my wife with visitor visa .
and what about startup company visa ?

My purpose is go asap to Canada and start some kind of work for stay there . And I know my spouse visa will take more than 6 months :(

Please advise me . Thanks in advance .

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
My wife is in Canada (PR) , she recently applied my spouse visa . I'm in India working as software Engineer .
Is there any other option to go as soon as possible to Canada .
Can I search job (IT Companies) and do freelancing on behalf of my wife with visitor visa .
and what about startup company visa ?

My purpose is go asap to Canada and start some kind of work for stay there . And I know my spouse visa will take more than 6 months :(

Please advise me . Thanks in advance .
You need your own work permit to be allowed to work in Canada.
If you can find a company willing to get an LMIA for you then you can apply for your own work permit.
Otherwise, if your wife is sponsoring you through the spouse outside of Canada stream, you will have to wait until this application is processed before you can work in Canada.

You are not allowed to freelance for a Canadian company or individual in Canada without a valid work permit; this would be considered work in Canada. If, however, you are a freelancer and you don't work for Canadian Clients then you can remain in Canada visitor visa.

luna897

May 4, 2018
You need your own work permit to be allowed to work in Canada.
If you can find a company willing to get an LMIA for you then you can apply for your own work permit.
Otherwise, if your wife is sponsoring you through the spouse outside of Canada stream, you will have to wait until this application is processed before you can work in Canada.

You are not allowed to freelance for a Canadian company or individual in Canada without a valid work permit; this would be considered work in Canada. If, however, you are a freelancer and you don't work for Canadian Clients then you can remain in Canada visitor visa.
Can I Search for job when I will go on visitor visa.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Can I Search for job when I will go on visitor visa.
You are not allowed to work on a visitor visa, which means that you cannot accept a job should it be offered to you. Most companies will require that you have prior authorization to work in Canada to be able to apply for a job.

luna897

May 4, 2018
No, I don't want to work in Canada without work permit . I just asking for job searching in Canada on Visitor visa . When I got selected after that I will apply for work permit and then start working there .

Is It possible .

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
No, I don't want to work in Canada without work permit . I just asking for job searching in Canada on Visitor visa . When I got selected after that I will apply for work permit and then start working there .

Is It possible .
It's possible, but most companies will not hire you if you don't already have authorization to work in Canada. It is a cumbersome (and for many companies rather expensive) process to get the proper authorization to hire a foreigner (non-citizen/non-PR) for a job. You will need this authorization (LMIA) before you can even apply for a work permit.

You will find it difficult to find work this way. The border officers also know this and may refuse you entry on the basis that they believe that you might violate the terms of a visitor visa because the process is so cumbersome.

You wouldn't be doing anything illegal per sé, but it is not an easy route to work in Canada.

luna897

May 4, 2018
Hi,

What about open work permit . Can I eligible for open work permit . I already told you , My wife have PR in Canada and she already applied my spouse application . But it will take long time . I can't wait ,So Can I apply for open work permit . Please give me suggestion . if yes then how and how much it will take time .

Thanks in advance :)

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi,

What about open work permit . Can I eligible for open work permit . I already told you , My wife have PR in Canada and she already applied my spouse application . But it will take long time . I can't wait ,So Can I apply for open work permit . Please give me suggestion . if yes then how and how much it will take time .

Thanks in advance :)
You cannot have an Open Work Permit(OWP) because your spouse is not on WP but she is on PR.
Canadian recruiters/employers are very traditional, they do not really entertain candidates on visit visa.
They need either someone to be atleast OPW or on a PR.
Finding full time paying job on OWP is also big rarity and it takes a substantial amount of time finding the right employer.

In your case best solution, wait till your spousal application(yes it takes time between 10-12 months) to get processed and approved.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hi,

but following link show I can apply Please check it :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=679&top=17

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1163&top=17&_ga=2.30945599.1058215254.1515683672-398553318.1515525858

they have applied for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada – archived class;

Let me know if I am wrong , don't hesitate .

Thank you
You don't seem to be understanding what people here are telling you.

You applied for PR while outside of Canada, so you do NOT QUALIFY for an open work permit. Doesn't matter if you come to Canada as a visitor.

Simply put, you can't work in Canada until your PR app is approved. If you come as a visitor, you can stay as a visitor but can't work here. Having a PR wife or a PR app in progress, does NOTHING to allow you to work.

Reactions: YVR123 and evdm

luna897

May 4, 2018
Thank you For you clarification :)

According to you if I was applied inland application then I was eligible for open work permit . Now My application is in outland process So I'm not eligible and can't do anything till my application approval .

Am I right :)

Thank you :)