+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work experience

332663Rb!

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Hi Everyone,

My wife only has an appointment and experience letter from her past Indian work experience. The company was pretty much registered but wasn't a big firm. Her appointment letter has most of the required information like title, company hours of operation, full time, salary & joining date. Duties, dates, etc are mentioned on her experience letter.

Does she still require a reference letter? In india, there is no such thing as reference letter unless it's a big firm.

As for her salary, she took her salary in cash. The company did not have a payroll number. Are these documents sufficient to prove her work experience?

I am pretty confused, pls let me know.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

My wife only has an appointment and experience letter from her past Indian work experience. The company was pretty much registered but wasn't a big firm. Her appointment letter has most of the required information like title, company hours of operation, full time, salary & joining date. Duties, dates, etc are mentioned on her experience letter.

Does she still require a reference letter? In india, there is no such thing as reference letter unless it's a big firm.

As for her salary, she took her salary in cash. The company did not have a payroll number. Are these documents sufficient to prove her work experience?

I am pretty confused, pls let me know.
Is she the primary applicant?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a tough one especially as no other supporting documents like pay stubs are available. I would try to get that reference letter from the employer if possible and if not then for your spouse to ask a colleague to write one and include proof that such employee works at that firm.

332663Rb!

Star Member
May 23, 2017
This is a tough one especially as no other supporting documents like pay stubs are available. I would try to get that reference letter from the employer if possible and if not then for your spouse to ask a colleague to write one and include proof that such employee works at that firm.
She only submitted her appointment and experience letter at the time of applying for her study permit. Is is not gonna be a problem if she adds few more documents now.

Secondly, the company is closed. If the director is willing to give a reference letter does it have to back dated?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She only submitted her appointment and experience letter at the time of applying for her study permit. Is is not gonna be a problem if she adds few more documents now.

Secondly, the company is closed. If the director is willing to give a reference letter does it have to back dated?
The reference letter is the mandatory document to be provided so of course there's no issue if it's provided.

The reference letter does not have to be back dated.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then you'd have to provide a letter in plain paper along with proof that he worked at such company. You can then explain in a LOE the situation regarding this company's closure.

I truly hope this previous work experience is relevant to your spouse's CRS, otherwise this situation may be over complicating things without the need to.

332663Rb!

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Then you'd have to provide a letter in plain paper along with proof that he worked at such company. You can then explain in a LOE the situation regarding this company's closure.

I truly hope this previous work experience is relevant to your spouse's CRS, otherwise this situation may be over complicating things without the need to.
Yes, she worked at this company for almost 2 years. It adds points to our score.

Can I request the director to give a reference letter & back date it from the time the company was working.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry mate, I rather not get involved in answering that question. I wish you good luck.