+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience

kanchi patel

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
I graduated in April 2016 and started working full time as soon as I was a grad .But,I was issued work permit on June 2016, After which I changed my work place and started a new job.Can I count my work experience for that one month (May-June) when I was waiting for my Work permit.
Also, then I started new job in August 2016 and I am currently working there.(1 year and 9 months)
So for my overall work experience Can I count it as 2 years starting from May 1st?
or it has to be at a same workplace or same employer?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can start counting your work experience from the day you applied for a PGWP. Hopefully you weren't working full-time before that.

gitmlife

Apr 19, 2015
Dubai
Hi,

I have total work experience of 6 years, out of which 3.5 years with my previous employer and the rest with my current employer. In my profile, i have mentioned information on both of them. Is it okay if I submit a reference letter only from my previous employer for 3.5 years and do not provide any letter from my current employer ( I do not want my current employer to know that I am trying for a PR)?

If it is necessary to provide a reference letter from even the current employer since I have mentioned it in my profile, will it be okay if I removed the second employer details altogether? since my score is anyways depended on the first 3.5 years experience?

Thanks in advance.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I got my work permit from the Niagara border,
So I guess i cant count my may expirience eh?
No, it was unauthorized, under current rules.

Reactions: kanchi patel

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,
I have total work experience of 6 years, out of which 3.5 years with my previous employer and the rest with my current employer. In my profile, i have mentioned information on both of them. Is it okay if I submit a reference letter only from my previous employer for 3.5 years and do not provide any letter from my current employer ( I do not want my current employer to know that I am trying for a PR)?

If it is necessary to provide a reference letter from even the current employer since I have mentioned it in my profile, will it be okay if I removed the second employer details altogether? since my score is anyways depended on the first 3.5 years experience?
If you expect to qualify under CEC, you will need to use your current employer, and yes, you will need the letter of reference and supporting documents. This is because you can only use work experience from the past 3 years to qualify for CEC.

You gain points for up to 5 years of Canadian work experience. 64 points for 3 years, but 80 points for 5 years (single). But you can remove the older experience if you do not need the points.

gitmlife

Apr 19, 2015
Dubai
If you expect to qualify under CEC, you will need to use your current employer, and yes, you will need the letter of reference and supporting documents. This is because you can only use work experience from the past 3 years to qualify for CEC.

You gain points for up to 5 years of Canadian work experience. 64 points for 3 years, but 80 points for 5 years (single). But you can remove the older experience if you do not need the points.
Hi, My experience is not Canadian.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi, My experience is not Canadian.
You posted your question in the Canadian Experience Class forum. Since you are not eligible for CEC, suggest you post your future questions in the Federal Skilled Workers forum:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/skilled-worker-professional-immigration.4/

For foreign (non-Canadian) work experience, you max out on points at 3 years, and you can use any experience in the past 10 years. So yes, you can exclude your current job if you want.

Diptinaik7

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Hello guys,
I had a doubt..I was working with a firm for 1 year but since I got a govt job I had to leave the job immediately..Hence I couldn't serve 2 months notice period.My company is therefore not ready to give me any experience/reference letter.However I have pay slips,appointment letter,confirmation letter.What can be done in such cases?