+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience

CANIMG

Jul 24, 2009
I have been working in software development more than six years, however, I started to manage people two years ago.

Can I got 21 credits for software manager, which requires 4 years experience.

By the way, I paid wrongly last time, the application was returned to me after 56 days. They only indicated some mistakes, which has nothing to do with my position.

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
yes you can. at least one year of experience as manager makes you qualified. 4 years of experience gives you 21 points. in your case, 2 years experience as manager makes you well qualified. 6 years of complete experience gives you 21 points. go ahead and try your luck.

wanagoCA

Sep 6, 2009
In this case my question would be that whether someone should write 4 yrs experience or 1 yr? As in real terms out of total 4 yrs experience someone might have done managerial positions (referring to NOC 0213) only for 2 yrs?

Experts plz reply.

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
wanagoCA said:
In this case my question would be that whether someone should write 4 yrs experience or 1 yr? As in real terms out of total 4 yrs experience someone might have done managerial positions (referring to NOC 0213) only for 2 yrs?

Experts plz reply.
as a manager = 2 years
in the position before manager = 2 years

2 years of managerial experience will make you qualified. a total 4 years of experience will give you complete 21 points.

wanagoCA

Sep 6, 2009
A little confusion : Will he get points for 4 yrs?

As per my understanding, managerial role is just done for 2 yrs...what do you recon?

ja77

Mar 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
points are given on the basis of total experience. 2 years of managerial experience makes you qualified. 4 years of experience as a whole gives you 21 points. remember, you only need to have at least one year of experience in any of the occupations available in the list of 38 eligible occupations. that makes you qualified. you remaining experience in other occupations which are not even on the list of 38 still contribute towards your final points. as long as your remaining experience is under Skill leve A, B, or 0. to answer you questions, yes you will get points for 4 years.