+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work experience ?

N

nanak12

Hi,
I had many work experiences in other field of my AOE, when i apply for immigration under PNP, can i get more points under work experience factor ?

N

nanak12

Don't i need to compelete 67 points to qualify ?
i heard that PNP is same to federal skilled immigration but it differences that PNP need employment offer and faster.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PNP is not the same as federal skilled. The differences:

FSW is federal
FSW operates on a points system
FSW is very slow
FSW does not need a job offer but could be faster if you have one
FSW will give you a PR without you being in Canada

PNP is provincial and the rules are different for each province
PNP does not operate on a points system but on other requirements set by each province
PNP is faster
PNP may need a job offer but they can have many immigration classes like family stream where you don't need one
PNP also has immigration classes that may require you to already be on a temporary work permit in Canada before you apply

N

nanak12

ahh i thought PNP operates on system points like FSW. well this is very easy for people outside Canada who have job offer and wants to immigrate to Canada.
Another thing..
Under BCpnp should i have several years of experiences or just i must be qualified for the job?
Does PNP need IELTS test ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can read about the BC PNP requirements at their website at http://www.aved.gov.bc.ca/provincialnominee/welcome.htm

N

nanak12

thanks Leon but i have read this but nothing answers my questions.

Please bcguy i know that you have experiences about BC PNP so please answer me.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
nanak12 said:
ahh i thought PNP operates on system points like FSW. well this is very easy for people outside Canada who have job offer and wants to immigrate to Canada.
Another thing..
Under BCpnp should i have several years of experiences or just i must be qualified for the job?
Does PNP need IELTS test ?
We dont care to waste time with points,We want you NOW in BC as fast as We can as long as you have an employer,We dont care about IELTS If It is not required for your job,For example in the Semi Skilled Category,Even If you have a lousy IELTS score lets say 2-2.5 You can still go,We will only require your employer to send you to ESL,We have Chinese who speak 100 words of English Qualify,I am sure you know more then 100 English words

N

nanak12

thanks BCguy for the reply.
what does ESL stand for ?

another thing.. about the employment offer for PNP, should it be confirmed as AOE or LMO ?

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
ESL english as a second language lessons Yes a job offer only and No need for LMO or ELMO nonesense in most cases except the semi skilled categories.No IELTS No LMO No ELMO,NO Points No stuff like that Doesnt that make life simpler

N

nanak12

haha yeah this is really easy for people have job offer, i thought it was complicated thing and u propable will spend ur whole life for the immigration lol.

another thing
so whats the benfit for people to get a job offer to gain more points in FSW, i guess when u got that job offer u will go through PNP and no need for FSW.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Guys,

I am looking at all these posts but I do not understand something - how you will get a job offer? Unless you know someone there or you are PhD in something or you are already living there in Canada.

I have posted my Resume in all big boards, Monster, workopolis, Dice, you name it, since my application is in process I cannot say that I have work authorization in Canada so that is what I said in my resume that I do not have work authorization. I have many years of US experience in IT field have US degrees as well.

All offers I get are from USA but not one from Canada. I am already working in the multinational company in the US so I don't need another job here, but one offer don't come from Canada. I am not sure how people get job offers as I have no luck, or may be you need to be in Canada to get the job with work authorization, then what will be the use of job offer as I need it now to gain some points, I will still need a job after I get the PR, but it would have less value as I will have choice.

I was just wondering, how people get a job offer, as I don't know anyone who got a job offer by applying online.

estong

Oct 27, 2008
hi NewYorker you are the same with my friend, he is trying to find an IT job, he got responses but the company are asking my friend to be there for an interview which for him is hard to do. nobody wants to make a phone interview. he asked for some help with his relatives and friends to find an employer for him but no luck.... right now he is looking forward for the new system like the 38 occupations on the priority list to be implemented before he apply....

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you need to contact employers directly and you also need some luck to find the right place at the right time. Most employers do not want to deal with LMO or AEO applications and having to wait to hire somebody until they are approved unless they absolutely have to. I know in fields where there is a real shortage, you can get in easily and I don't mean Phd. If you were a welder or a carpenter and wanted to go to AB, you could have a job in 5 minutes.

Did you try looking for employers on Canada job bank? It's at http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/Intro_en.aspx

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Hi,

What is LMO and AEO?

I will look into the Job bank... and see if I have any luck. That is what I thought that they will never wait for an employee while they can hire someone on the spot.