Star Member
May 15, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2019
i did, they're independent/ the only requisite is if your work was part of your degree, like a required internship
Hi, the condition about work should not be part of study, I am unable to find it on cic.gc.in. can you please mention the link here.

Curious_Man

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Hi everyone,

quick question. If I worked part time for a year and a half in NOC 0 during my Bachelors OUTSIDE of Canada, could I claim points for that experience “pro-rated” to its full time equivalent?

i.e. if I worked 18 months at 15 hours a week, could I claim 9 months full time equivalent?

Thanks!

rish6

Sep 5, 2013
Can't speak for CEC, but I got an ITA and applied with NOC 4012 (FSW Outland). I'm in a full time PhD program outside of Canada and have been working part-time as a TA while being registered as a full time student. My university issued an employment letter stating my average hours and duties. I haven't received PPR yet so I can't be sure, but I hope it's all good!
HI JS,
DO u think work exp while studying in canada (not coop), can be used for any cec or fswp?Please.

ddverma

Jun 13, 2020

Hi,
I had completed my bachelors in computer science from 2015 to 2019 (4 year course) and had foreign work experience from 2018 to 2020 (2 years).

Foreign Work Experience =
NOC Code = 2283

Period = 2018-2019
Paid
Continuous
Full time (30+ hours/week)

Period = 2019-2020
Paid
Continuous

Employment Requirements for NOC 2283 are=
  • Completion of a college program in computer science, computer programming or network administration is usually required.
  • College or other courses in computer programming or network administration are usually required.
  • Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.

As per my Bachelor's Marksheet, It is mentioned that from 2018-2019 I am doing "CO-OPT TRAINING MODULE".

It is also mentioned on cic website that student work experience under FSW should count if,
- was paid by wages or commissions
- was continuous (no gaps in employment), and
- meets all the other requirements of the Program
Also, mentioned that this includes "This includes co-op terms and apprenticeships"

Can you please look into this and let me know that my work experience from 2018-2019 will count or not?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I had completed my bachelors in computer science from 2015 to 2019 (4 year course) and had foreign work experience from 2018 to 2020 (2 years).

NOC Code = 2283

Period = 2018-2019
Paid
Continuous

Period = 2019-2020
Paid
Continuous

• Completion of a college program in computer science, computer programming or network administration is usually required.
  • College or other courses in computer programming or network administration are usually required.
  • Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.

As per my Bachelor's Marksheet, It is mentioned that from 2018-2019 I am doing "CO-OPT TRAINING MODULE".

It is also mentioned on cic website that student work experience under FSW should count if,
Also, mentioned that this includes "This includes co-op terms and apprenticeships"

Can you please look into this and let me know that my work experience from 2018-2019 will count or not?
Yes it will count as long as you have one year, continuous skilled work experience.

akshay08

Aug 19, 2018
Hi,

NOC Code = 2283

Period = 2018-2019
Paid
Continuous

Period = 2019-2020
Paid
Continuous

Yes, it will count towards your work experience. Don't worry, just go ahead and apply.

ElStu

Nov 9, 2017
No, as long as it is paid and you are able to prove it, Its's fine.
How do we prove the payment? Is a letter from the supervisor of the annual salary good enough? Do I have to submit payment cheques (that would be challenging since my employment ended in 2018 and I don’t have the cheques)?