+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience trouble

Jun 13, 2020
Hi everyone,

I'm working in a retail shop in toronto from last 2 year.
I've recently got ITA under supervisor position.

But i was hired as a coordinator. So i talked to my employer and they've wrote in employment letter as supervisor.
but recently I've got ROE because i was laid off in between and i found my job position mentioned as a Coordinator.

Will that be an issue for me while applying PR.

Because even if IMMIGRATION OFFICE will call to my employer they'll tell that my job position is as supervisor.

What are your views in this ?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi everyone,

I'm working in a retail shop in toronto from last 2 year.
I've recently got ITA under supervisor position.

But i was hired as a coordinator. So i talked to my employer and they've wrote in employment letter as supervisor.
but recently I've got ROE because i was laid off in between and i found my job position mentioned as a Coordinator.

Will that be an issue for me while applying PR.

Because even if IMMIGRATION OFFICE will call to my employer they'll tell that my job position is as supervisor.

What are your views in this ?
You don't get an ITA under anything. You fill your profile and indicate your main NOC.

Regardless, for each experience claimed you need to submit proof with the duties and these should match the NOC code you chose for each experience. The title is not very important, the duties are. They should match those described for your chosen NOC.

Jun 13, 2020
You don't get an ITA under anything. You fill your profile and indicate your main NOC.

Regardless, for each experience claimed you need to submit proof with the duties and these should match the NOC code you chose for each experience. The title is not very important, the duties are. They should match those described for your chosen NOC.
Hi @Wolfpmd3 ,

I've already received ITA in draw #150 under CEC with NOC B code. Job duties and responsibility is also matching with my work.

But at the time of hiring they've kept coordiator, But if we look at job duties so it was kind of supervisors job. So i've talked to my employer and they've wrote me a Job Reference letter with Supervisor NOC B code.

But in my ROE it was coordinator.

Jun 13, 2020
Hi @Wolfpmd3 ,

I've already received ITA in draw #150 under CEC with NOC B code. Job duties and responsibility is also matching with my work.

But at the time of hiring they've kept coordiator, But if we look at job duties so it was kind of supervisors job. So i've talked to my employer and they've wrote me a Job Reference letter with Supervisor NOC B code.

But in my ROE it was coordinator.

I'm just concerned because my job position is showing coordinator in my Record of Employment.

My employer gave me a reference letter of supervisor position and mentioned NOC 1211 code.
Job duties are also matched with that NOC code.

So will there be any issue in my background check because it's showing coordinator in ROE.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I'm just concerned because my job position is showing coordinator in my Record of Employment.

My employer gave me a reference letter of supervisor position and mentioned NOC 1211 code.
Job duties are also matched with that NOC code.

So will there be any issue in my background check because it's showing coordinator in ROE.
The title is not really important, what you should care about and what IRCC cares also are the duties.