+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience Question for FSW EE.

sgtch

Feb 9, 2017
Hello friends,
I have been reading this informative forum for the past couple of months and recently joined as a member, since I am preparing to apply for EE under FSW stream. I am an Indian citizen based out of USA. I completed my PhD here, and now working full time in Silicon Valley. My questions are related to how work experience is calculated while creating EE profile. I will be greatly obliged if some of the knowledgeable members of the forum can answer, or point to other threads where the questions might have been asked and answered. I apologize in advance if some of the questions seem naive, since I am quite new to the EE topic.

Summary of my work experience: I worked for 16 months as a TA and 24 months as an RA, working 20 hours per week, during the course of my PhD in US. I will complete 12 months of work experience as a full time data scientist on June 13, 2017, after which I intend to create my profile.
My questions are listed below:

1. Does CIC only offer points based on full years work ex (like 1 year, 2 year 3 or more years etc)? Or does months contribute as well?
2. Is 1 year work ex calculated as 52 weeks; with 30 hours work per week?
3. Assuming 2. is true, I calculated my total work experience as: ((16+24)*(2/3) + 12*(4/3))/12 > 3 years work ex. Is that correct? Or will my TA and RA work ex not be counted (since they were less than 30 hours work ) and full time work ex be calculated only as 1 full year?
4. How exactly is work ex entered in EE profile? Is it start and end date of a job and number of work hours per week? And does it matter I am considering three different jobs (TA, RA and Data Scientist, although TA and RA seems to fall under the same NOC code)?
5. Does the EE profile automatically update work ex points on completion of a year (assuming 1.)? For e.g., if, while creating the EE profile, I have 11 months work ex., will the EE profile automatically update my points after 1 month?
6. Does anyone know what NOC code covers data scientist? My work involves developing algorithms, publishing papers and patents, as well as pushing models into production. So it is a blend of a statistician and software engineer.

Appreciate any help.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - Yes.
2 - Correct.
3 - Your TA/RA experience will count - part-time experience does count.
4 - Start date, end date, hours per week, NOC code.
5 - Yes.
6 - Check the NOC website.