Star Member
Jun 14, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I hope it would be OK if the reference letter is directly addressed to Citizenship and Immigration Services, Canada?

Also, HR is not ready to put my salary and previous designations held. They are ok to put following details on letter head:

1. Subject line: For the formalities of Immigration to Canada
2. Name and Emp ID
3. Working Hours, Start and End date with last designation held.
4. Job Duties

I have my pay stubs and last promotion letter. So, will the above contents suffice on my reference letter.

Thanks,
Amy

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amy2Canada said:
Hello,

I hope it would be OK if the reference letter is directly addressed to Citizenship and Immigration Services, Canada?

Also, HR is not ready to put my salary and previous designations held. They are ok to put following details on letter head:

1. Subject line: For the formalities of Immigration to Canada
2. Name and Emp ID
3. Working Hours, Start and End date with last designation held.
4. Job Duties

I have my pay stubs and last promotion letter. So, will the above contents suffice on my reference letter.

Thanks,
Amy
This would suffice along with your promotion letter (if that mentions your annual salary).

Amy2Canada

Star Member
Jun 14, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
This would suffice along with your promotion letter (if that mentions your annual salary).
Many Thanks Asivad.

My last promotion letter specifies designation "Änalyst Programmer" and my salary slips and relieving letter says "senior software engineer". Actually it is one and the same thing but will I need to write LOE for this.
OR
The reference letter + salary slips will also be fine?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Amy

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amy2Canada said:
Many Thanks Asivad.

My last promotion letter specifies designation "Änalyst Programmer" and my salary slips and relieving letter says "senior software engineer". Actually it is one and the same thing but will I need to write LOE for this.
OR
The reference letter + salary slips will also be fine?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Amy
It doesn't matter. Designations/titles aren't as important as job responsibilities in determining whether you've chosen the right NOC so that wouldn't matter much.

For proof of having been paid salaries, you can choose to upload promotion letter (which mentions salary), salary slips or both. Your call.

sunshinejan

Jul 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
It doesn't matter. Designations/titles aren't as important as job responsibilities in determining whether you've chosen the right NOC so that wouldn't matter much.

For proof of having been paid salaries, you can choose to upload promotion letter (which mentions salary), salary slips or both. Your call.
Dear Asivad,

Could you please advise, whether the employment letter should include salaries for each position held in one single company or just current salary will do?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunshinejan said:
Dear Asivad,

Could you please advise, whether the employment letter should include salaries for each position held in one single company or just current salary will do?
Just the current salary would suffice.

IOS9.2

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
Hello,

i have a questions, i have got an invite from Ontario under their PNP, i am the principle applicant and preparing my docs for application, the question is do i need my wife's job reference letters to be part of the documents. she has got her ielts and wes assessment done, she is working but does not have reference letters. In our initial EE application we had choose a noc code for her.

Would really appreciate if some one can help me out with this problem

rafaellima

Dec 11, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-01-2016
Med's Done....
12-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-09-2016
I'm having the same problem here. The company will provide a letter, but without the main duties.

I'm thinking in send this letter, and another explaining the reason to not have the main duties, also send them my contract and a link to Brazilian job description bank.

What do you guys think about it?

darshanbangre

Dec 29, 2015
rafaellima said:
I'm having the same problem here. The company will provide a letter, but without the main duties.

I'm thinking in send this letter, and another explaining the reason to not have the main duties, also send them my contract and a link to Brazilian job description bank.

What do you guys think about it?
How did you handle this situation ?

ge3qz

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Philippines
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
why not provide the job description that was posted during the hiring process?

blikpils

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Done....
27-07-2016
I had the same issue that the company went under last year, also next to that is that the company had a name change and i left for 6 months for an internship in Canada. I left the company before it going under and left on a good note so that helped me out as wel.

So what i did was split the two periods up and write a setup letter to the boss asking him to write two letters of which he could change as he pleased. This incorporated the main duties and positions i had. This way there is not a mismatch to the actual PR profile. He signed it and i added a translation sheet for some of the pay stubs.

My BG review went from "in progress" to "not needed at this time" so it is prob good. No news is good news atm

raich

Aug 24, 2016
My Duties and responsibilities has been defined under Contract document (Annex A with heading Roles and Responsibility) during my joining time. But in reference letter it was not mentioned. Is it OK?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raich said:
My Duties and responsibilities has been defined under Contract document (Annex A with heading Roles and Responsibility) during my joining time. But in reference letter it was not mentioned. Is it OK?
Yes.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
raich said:
As long as you have the information required on the reference letter in some form or the other, you are good to go.