+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience proof - employment letter

Kellakella

Aug 14, 2015
Hi everyone!

I'm currently getting all my documents from my previous employers.
Of all the places I've worked, three of them are okay with sending me an official letter.

However, one company has shut down in 2014 already.
I got my colleague who was my supervisor to write a letter for me and went to a notary to approve/stamp it as well.
Will this be okay?

Another question is, do I have to include ALL my pay stubs for all the places?
For my last employment, I was there for almost 1.5 years and each month I received 2 pay stubs.
They specifically asked for ONE file for each employment and I don't know how I can fit over 30 pages of pay stubs together.
I know they say it's not mandatory but I'm not sure if it's better to include them or not.

For the company that is closed already, I will be providing my pay stubs just as extra proof since there is no official letter.
(I don't have all pay stubs so some months I will be submitting my bank statements when money was deposited)

What other documents are needed from my employers?
For all the jobs, I never received an official job offer letter.

Anything else I should include aside from the employment letter/business card?
I feel weird if I only provide an official company letter and nothing else...

affan_123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Kellakella said:
Hi everyone!

I'm currently getting all my documents from my previous employers.
Of all the places I've worked, three of them are okay with sending me an official letter.

However, one company has shut down in 2014 already.
I got my colleague who was my supervisor to write a letter for me and went to a notary to approve/stamp it as well.
Will this be okay?

Another question is, do I have to include ALL my pay stubs for all the places?
For my last employment, I was there for almost 1.5 years and each month I received 2 pay stubs.
They specifically asked for ONE file for each employment and I don't know how I can fit over 30 pages of pay stubs together.
I know they say it's not mandatory but I'm not sure if it's better to include them or not.

For the company that is closed already, I will be providing my pay stubs just as extra proof since there is no official letter.
(I don't have all pay stubs so some months I will be submitting my bank statements when money was deposited)

What other documents are needed from my employers?
For all the jobs, I never received an official job offer letter.

Anything else I should include aside from the employment letter/business card?
I feel weird if I only provide an official company letter and nothing else...
How many years of work experience you have? Get the official letters from companies on letter head as per required fields/format of cic. Company which no longer exist show it as personal history if it does not decrease your crs score and also meet 67/100 After excluding your experience of the said company.

No need for payslips if your annual salary is mentioned in a letter.

Just a reference letter is enough to justify your work experience. No business cards no payslips just one single letter is enough. Make sure it incorporates every bit of information as per cic.

Hope this answers your question

Kellakella

Aug 14, 2015
affan_123 said:
How many years of work experience you have? Get the official letters from companies on letter head as per required fields/format of cic. Company which no longer exist show it as personal history if it does not decrease your crs score and also meet 67/100 After excluding your experience of the said company.

No need for payslips if your annual salary is mentioned in a letter.

Just a reference letter is enough to justify your work experience. No business cards no payslips just one single letter is enough. Make sure it incorporates every bit of information as per cic.

Hope this answers your question
Thank you for your reply!
Unfortunately if I do not include this particular work place, my score would decrease.
So I am not sure just the letter my colleague wrote is enough or if I should include MORE since it's not an official company letter.

For the rest that I am able to get an official company letter, I will only submit the letter.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you can't get the letter from the company that no longer exists, make sure you include a letter of explanation with the rest of the documentation. Sounds like there's not much more you can do as far as that's concerned. Submit what you have and provide the letter of explanation stating that the company no longer exists.

rohitsinp23

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
guys its mandatory to provide only one letter to cic as your work experience, letter included all the stuff. someone told me cic only accepts work experience letter in particular format only.
guys i have appointment letter, refernce letter , work expreince letter showing job respinsibilties, letter showing montly salary and month working hours. also have paystubs. how to convert all this stuff into one letter guys. these letters official letters. please help

rohitsinp23

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
all letter are on company letter heads, letter heads contain name of company, address, phone numbers, email address, website
so please explain me guys, what is cic required format

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohitsinp23 said:
all letter are on company letter heads, letter heads contain name of company, address, phone numbers, email address, website
so please explain me guys, what is cic required format
CIC wants the following in a reference letter. If you have all of these, you are good to go.

a reference or experience letter from the employer

should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and e-mail address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company);

should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.

rohitsinp23

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Thanks asivad,
Means required everything tgat cic stated but does nt matter how many documents for work experience in one work exp pdf. Im making seperate pdf files for two seperate employers.
Employer 1:- all docs pdf1
Employer 2:- all docs pdf2
Is right for work exp
All docs are signed and stamped by managers or superivors or any employee for reference

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohitsinp23 said:
Thanks asivad,
Means required everything tgat cic stated but does nt matter how many documents for work experience in one work exp pdf. Im making seperate pdf files for two seperate employers.
Employer 1:- all docs pdf1
Employer 2:- all docs pdf2
Is right for work exp
All docs are signed and stamped by managers or superivors or any employee for reference
That would suffice. If you want to highlight where everything in included in the letters, you can attach an LOE.

rohitsinp23

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
That would suffice. If you want to highlight where everything in included in the letters, you can attach an LOE.
LOE is a simple letter, typied in ms word and PA have to signed it. Am i right? Asivad any particular format for LOE.

Kellakella

Aug 14, 2015
If we need to provide an LOE for the reference letter, do we attach it with the reference letter as one file?
Or should we have ONE LOE that provides explanation for everything?

I need to clarify my work and POF as well. So I am not sure if I should include both in one letter or two separate file and upload it to the specific folder. (work LOE in the employer file and POF LOE in the proof of funds file)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohitsinp23 said:
LOE is a simple letter, typied in ms word and PA have to signed it. Am i right? Asivad any particular format for LOE.
Yes. Signing is optional, just typing your name would suffice.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Hi all ,

I have worked in Indian Software companies.

1. My experience letters doesn't have work hours , detailed jobs and responsibilities. Indian software companies do not usually give these much detailed experience letters. Has anyone else got these detailed letters from Indian companies ?

Can anyone post a sample experience letter scan copy which satisfies the CIC format ? Please mask your name and private information.

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
cherti said:
Hi all ,

I have worked in Indian Software companies.

1. My experience letters doesn't have work hours , detailed jobs and responsibilities. Indian software companies do not usually give these much detailed experience letters. Has anyone else got these detailed letters from Indian companies ?
That's normal for most companies. You would specifically need to request your HR for a detailed letter covering all the points as stated in the CIC checklist
Can anyone post a sample experience letter scan copy which satisfies the CIC format ? Please mask your name and private information.
Google for samples, you should be able to find plenty