+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience not add in Study Permit Application but to be added in Express entry profile

Kriff

Apr 21, 2019
Hello,

I applied for Study Permit but was refused. As at the time of the application, I was working but it wasn't relating to what I studied in my Undergraduate and also not relating to the master's program I was going for in canada. Therefore on my application, "No Work" was inputed between that one year gap (OCT 2017 - OCT 2018).

Now, I want to apply for Express Entry and I need that working experience to get the max point for Foreign Work Experience. If I add it to my profile, won't that be seen as Misrepresentation since I will be declaring my Study Visa refusal and I want to claim points with it?

I will appreciate your say. Thank you.

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Hello,

I applied for Study Permit but was refused. As at the time of the application, I was working but it wasn't relating to what I studied in my Undergraduate and also not relating to the master's program I was going for in canada. Therefore on my application, "No Work" was inputed between that one year gap (OCT 2017 - OCT 2018).

Now, I want to apply for Express Entry and I need that working experience to get the max point for Foreign Work Experience. If I add it to my profile, won't that be seen as Misrepresentation since I will be declaring my Study Visa refusal and I want to claim points with it?

I will appreciate your say. Thank you.
Your reasons for not including it at the first application are genuine and therefore it wont posses a problem for your EE. However, you need to include an LoE to explain your situation and allow the officer in charge to make a judgement based on these facts

Kriff

Apr 21, 2019
Thank you for your comment. I will appreciate if you can help me cross check my LOE.
Your reasons for not including it at the first application are genuine and therefore it wont posses a problem for your EE. However, you need to include an LoE to explain your situation and allow the officer in charge to make a judgement based on these facts

Kriff

Apr 21, 2019
Hello,

I decided not to include the job, as I couldn't stomach leaving the fate of my application at the discretion of a VO. From what I was able to gather, one can add the experience, however, be ready to explain the reason for the omission in an LOE and have good number of additional docs that you can use to back up the experience. It would then be at the discretion of the VO to accept it or not.