+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience letter and refusal from employer!!!

islander

Star Member
Dec 3, 2008
I have been working as a Departmental Accountant since 1998. However, the HR department is willing to give me the work experience letter. However, they refuse to specify my duties because it is against the policy. They can give that info if they call, but they will not put it in a paper. What should I do?

Thank you.

Tessi

Nov 28, 2008
How many experience letters are you expected to send to CIC? All the companies you've worked for or just the current employer or the last past employer? I'd like to contact mine soon and hopefully no refusal of job description. I also think directly going through your boss should work. He/She should be able to not totally put all down on paper but be able to back you up with few sentences.

relycanada

Dec 21, 2008
Documents are required to support it,like salary slips mentions your occupation,some assignment / task given to you , clippings of presentation, testimonials from your colleagues.
Mention very clearly on a covering note that as per company policy employer is not giving these duties in writing.How ever visa officer can verify it telephonically.
rely

islander said:
I have been working as a Departmental Accountant since 1998. However, the HR department is willing to give me the work experience letter. However, they refuse to specify my duties because it is against the policy. They can give that info if they call, but they will not put it in a paper. What should I do?

Thank you.