+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience Express entry

grabit

Jan 19, 2015
Applying PR for my brother under express entry. He is currently working as a Assistant sales manager in India. Has to yet write IELTS. With his job hours he is not able to give enough time for IELTS preparation. My question is can he quit his job and start some other french course and prepare for IELTS? I am not too sure how would this work under Express entry. Please any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Applying PR for my brother under express entry. He is currently working as a Assistant sales manager in India. Has to yet write IELTS. With his job hours he is not able to give enough time for IELTS preparation. My question is can he quit his job and start some other french course and prepare for IELTS? I am not too sure how would this work under Express entry. Please any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

As long as he can prove work experience through provision of documentation according to cic guidelines, he can leave his job or do whatever he wants.

user.profile

May 1, 2018
Toronto
Category........
There is no restriction that work experience should be continuous for express entry. So, he can do whatever he wants. All matters is how he shows his required hours, weeks for experience. Also, personally i would recommend him to continue work and then start doing ielts

grabit

Jan 19, 2015
Thanks a lot guys for your response. His work hours are almost 11-12 hours a day with just Sunday off. He is in sales with the hotel industry. I am not able to decide if I should tell him to leave the job or continue working. I always get mixed answers.

Also regarding his work experience, his bachelors is from ihm aurangabad, which was a sandwich degree so it was 3 years school and then 8 months of paid internship. Would that be counted as a work experience?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
am not able to decide if I should tell him to leave the job or continue working.
Why are you deciding for him? Shouldn't this be his decision?

I always get mixed answers.
May be you are asking wrong questions. If the question is whether your brother should leave his job or not? That is a wrong question to ask on any Internet forum.

If you want to know how much experience is needed to apply for express entry .. I doubt you would get mixed responses for that question.

grabit

Jan 19, 2015
Cansha that is exactly what I asked in the first question I asked in this thread. He is not able to give time to IELTS with his long hours. He is my brother and I have complete rights to give him guidance when he is not sure himself.

Can someone please answer this question I asked?
Also regarding his work experience, his bachelors is from ihm aurangabad, which was a sandwich degree so it was 3 years school and then 8 months of paid internship. Would that be counted as a work experience?