+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience count issue

mh10

Nov 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello folks ,
I am under my work permit and hoping to apply for PR under CEC category express entry
But i have 2 concerns ,

1) I graduated on april 2016 , however i got my work permit issued from june 2016
So should i count houra from april or june ?

2) within my work permit term, i had to visit backhome since my mom was sick and it was almost 7 weeks

Do u think it might effect anything ?

I managed to hit 1560 hours that calender year tho , just there was a gap since i was out of canada

TIA

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Do you have 52 week of work where you worked at least 30 hours each week? (You can't count the 7 weeks you were outside of Canada.)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello folks ,
I am under my work permit and hoping to apply for PR under CEC category express entry
But i have 2 concerns ,

1) I graduated on april 2016 , however i got my work permit issued from june 2016
So should i count houra from april or june ?

2) within my work permit term, i had to visit backhome since my mom was sick and it was almost 7 weeks

Do u think it might effect anything ?

I managed to hit 1560 hours that calender year tho , just there was a gap since i was out of canada

TIA
1 - When did you apply for a PGWP? Were you working full-time before applying for such permit?

2 - You cannot count unpaid work experience as valid work experience.

Also, if you're working full-time the hours worked per week are irrelevant, you must work for a period of one year in order to claim a year of work experience.

Reactions: mh10

mh10

Nov 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - When did you apply for a PGWP? Were you working full-time before applying for such permit?

2 - You cannot count unpaid work experience as valid work experience.

Also, if you're working full-time the hours worked per week are irrelevant, you must work for a period of one year in order to claim a year of work experience.
Hi there , thank you for the response

So for the first question’s answer :

I graduated april 19 and applied for my work permit on may 2nd .however , i got my work permit on june 28

So should i count hours from may 2nd ?

And for the 2nd question:

I am not counting the unpaid work experience but is that okay to have a break within work experience period ? (I fulfilled 1560 hours but as i said i was in backhome)
Or it has to be straight work ( no vacation )

Thank you

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there , thank you for the response

So for the first question’s answer :

I graduated april 19 and applied for my work permit on may 2nd .however , i got my work permit on june 28

So should i count hours from may 2nd ?

And for the 2nd question:

I am not counting the unpaid work experience but is that okay to have a break within work experience period ? (I fulfilled 1560 hours but as i said i was in backhome)
Or it has to be straight work ( no vacation )

Thank you
1 - You can count work experience starting may 2nd.
2 - You are still making the mistake of "counting hours" no such thing as fulfilling 1560 hours for full-time work experience. You have either worked for a period of one year (30 hrs +) or you haven't.

Work experience need not be continuous under the CEC program.

Reactions: mh10

mh10

Nov 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - You can count work experience starting may 2nd.
2 - You are still making the mistake of "counting hours" no such thing as fulfilling 1560 hours for full-time work experience. You have either worked for a period of one year (30 hrs +) or you haven't.

Work experience need not be continuous under the CEC program.
Hey bud, so yeah then i will be started counting from may 2nd

And for the 2nd concern , “you have either worked for a period of one year or you havent” . So,In a year from may 2016 to may 2017 , i didnt work 7 weeks ( sept 2016 to august 2016 ) ,is that okay ?
Can i count that year as 1 year full time work experience ?

Thank u

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey bud, so yeah then i will be started counting from may 2nd

And for the 2nd concern , “you have either worked for a period of one year or you havent” . So,In a year from may 2016 to may 2017 , i didnt work 7 weeks ( sept 2016 to august 2016 ) ,is that okay ?
Can i count that year as 1 year full time work experience ?

Thank u
If unpaid work leave then absolutely not.

If paid work leave then maybe. It is a considerable amount of time off work within a year so there is no guarantee the processing officer will accept this as valid work experience.

Reactions: scylla

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
- Can I count work experience gained while waiting for PGWP after completing my studies toward CEC? If yes, do I need to submit any document to CIC showing that this experience was gained while waiting for pgwp?
- I worked full time for 2 years but went to my home country twice for a month each. Is it going to be a problem?

Rupinder93

May 23, 2018
CEC!!..hi all please help
I have applied for PR. I counted experience of one year from the day i applied for work experience. But the problem is while applying I forgot to mention in LOE that I counted experience from the day i applied
-Is it necessary to tell this in LOE??
-If yes then how can i tell them now?? And what document i should add so that i could prove that i applied for work permit

Please help

Rupinder93

May 23, 2018
CEC!!..hi all please help
I have applied for PR. I counted experience of one year from the day i applied for work experience. But the problem is while applying I forgot to mention in LOE that I counted experience from the day i applied
-Is it necessary to tell this in LOE??
-If yes then how can i tell them now?? And what document i should add so that i could prove that i applied for work permit

Please help