+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience and Reference Letter

Rishi_CI

May 13, 2018
Hello,

I have been working as a QA Manager since the past 5 years and I have a letter from my supervisor confirming the same, along with hours of work and explaining roles and responsibilities.

Question:
  1. I have been working with the same organisation for past 10 years but have been performing duties of a QA manager only since the last 5 years.
  2. I have performed roles of a tester and Test analyst before in the same organisation.
    • Should I get a letter signed by my supervisor for these roles as well?
  3. Do experiences above 3 years count towards CRS scores?

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Hello,

I have been working as a QA Manager since the past 5 years and I have a letter from my supervisor confirming the same, along with hours of work and explaining roles and responsibilities.

Question:
  1. I have been working with the same organisation for past 10 years but have been performing duties of a QA manager only since the last 5 years.
  2. I have performed roles of a tester and Test analyst before in the same organisation.

Don't know about 2.
1. I think it's perfectly fine because you can only claim points for 3 years max so you can choose your experience as quality manager as your primary NOC.
3. 3 Years give you maximum points. No more points of more than 3 years

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello,

Question:
You will have to provide one reference letter quoting full experience however divided in sub NOCs. Means, you will have to provide roles and responsibilities for all designations with dates.

Rishi_CI

May 13, 2018
You will have to provide one reference letter quoting full experience however divided in sub NOCs. Means, you will have to provide roles and responsibilities for all designations with dates.
Thank you, Mr.preetsingh. your responses have always been helpful.

Rishi_CI

May 13, 2018
Sorry, but do I still need to map my experiences to NOCs though I am claiming points for only 1 NOC?

Rishi_CI

May 13, 2018
You have to filter the list of NOC's here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html and choose one that fits the closest to your work and education.
Hi,
Thanks for the response, but was just trying to understand if I can submit the EE profile with supporting reference letter for the most recent role or should I submit for all in the past.
I.e I started as a tester then moved on as test analyst and now playing a QA manager role(past 5 years).

I have support letter for QA manager role but not for others.

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
For certain professions, education should also match. I would say last three years is enough for claiming points, and for future purposes, there is nothing wrong with collecting reference letters.

Rishi_CI

May 13, 2018
For certain professions, education should also match. I would say last three years is enough for claiming points, and for future purposes, there is nothing wrong with collecting reference letters.
Thanks a lot, appreciate the response.