+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Exp Letters for Spouse?

sherglzz

Feb 25, 2009
Please advice?

Are work experience letters required for only principal applicant for Skilled catagory1 or also for spouse as stated in checklist:

WORK EXPERIENCE
For you and your spouse or common-law partner:
• notarized employment contracts from your present and past employers,
accompanied by an English or French translation
• original and up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers.
Letters must be written on company letterhead and show the company’s full
address,

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
In the checklist it says for both the principal applicant AND the spouse. However, I do not see a reason why as no point is awarded for your spouse's work experience.

sherglzz

Feb 25, 2009
I thought I have to get work experience letters,employment contracts only for the jobs I am claiming experience in for Skilled Cat 1(out of 30 NOC).

Can anybody confirm if spouse's work experience letters,employment contracts are also required though these don't come in 30 NOC defined?

Please reply!!

zortobello

Mar 3, 2009
i attached standard EVLs for my wife (i am the main applicant) which state duration of employment, position and salary. I also attached her u.s. permit and w-2 forms. employment contracts for mid-level managerial jobs are not very common in the u.s. i am assuming they request this information as more of a background verification, ie what has she been doing since she is 18. i don't think they care about all the details as they are not awarding any points based on spouse profession.

sherglzz

Feb 25, 2009
Thanks,

What about previous jobs in other country.Do they care about that.Is it enough if we provide work details,W2 etc of the present job in US?

josinyc

Star Member
Oct 7, 2008
Send the letter for both even if you are not claiming points for spouse. On the "Work history" you had to put that. Now, you have to send proof. That's it.