+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Authorization with Expired PR Card

Gypsyaneja

Sep 8, 2018
Hi. I got my PR in Nov 2014 and I have more than one year left before it gets expired.I have few questions:
1. Can I enter Canada and stay there for 2 consecutive years and then apply for PR card renewal?
2. What happens to the Work Authorization once my PR card expires in 2019? Can I continue working in an IT firm if my PR card expires in next one year
3. When entering to Canada, if I am asked about the reason to stay away from Canada for four years. What should be my answer? Will the officer report my entry to Canada ?
Please help me with these queries

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi. I got my PR in Nov 2014 and I have more than one year left before it gets expired.I have few questions:
1. Can I enter Canada and stay there for 2 consecutive years and then apply for PR card renewal?
2. What happens to the Work Authorization once my PR card expires in 2019? Can I continue working in an IT firm if my PR card expires in next one year
3. When entering to Canada, if I am asked about the reason to stay away from Canada for four years. What should be my answer? Will the officer report my entry to Canada ?
Please help me with these queries
1. If not reported, yes.

2. Nothing. As long as you are a PR, you can work.

3. Tell the truth. Yes, you may be reported.

Reactions: Buletruck

Gypsyaneja

Sep 8, 2018
1. If not reported, yes.

2. Nothing. As long as you are a PR, you can work.

3. Tell the truth. Yes, you may be reported.

Thanks for your answers. I have one more question based on your answers.
How will I get to know if I have been reported by canadian officer after I enter canada? Will they send me an appeal letter or I myself have to take the first step for appeal process? Thanks again. Please reply

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for your answers. I have one more question based on your answers.
How will I get to know if I have been reported by canadian officer after I enter canada? Will they send me an appeal letter or I myself have to take the first step for appeal process? Thanks again. Please reply
They will tell you at the border.