+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WITHOUT BIOMETRICS

shanky1202

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
I got an update today that my medical has passed and my eligibility review has started.. SDS application applied on 27th May and biometrics is pending..
I have applied on 13th June and got biometric letter. But till now biometric is pending.Did you get biometric letter fromVFS when u applied. What is status showing in your login?

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
I applied by 17th May. Eligibility review started 18th May.
It seems quite strange to me!! Where did you apply the application from? I submitted at the same as yours - Mine was on 18th May and I applied from the United States. I just got the biometrics (in U.S because all were closed till recently re-open). Given you've done biometrics before (or even upfront medical examinations), it is still impossible to me that the eligibility came in just after one day. Please share your situation so that everyone here knows about their case (We are on the same boat though!!)

ABMhatre

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
I have applied on 13th June and got biometric letter. But till now biometric is pending.Did you get biometric letter fromVFS when u applied. What is status showing in your login?
Everybody gets the biometric collection letter(from the IRCC and not the vfs).. Don’t worry they have started looking at the applications now.. They could be reviewing based on the date of application and haven’t reached your application yet.. Have patience..

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Everybody gets the biometric collection letter(from the IRCC and not the vfs).. Don’t worry they have started looking at the applications now.. They could be reviewing based on the date of application and haven’t reached your application yet.. Have patience..
I got the correspondence letter after giving biometrics. How long should I expect to get the next step? I check today that they start to review my eligibility. So basically, they look at the date received on application and put it on prioritization to review? Also, the processing time in U.S for study permit is about 10 weeks that means we count from the date that they receive application right?. I am applying from United States, and I have applied since 18 May.

Raman91

Dec 11, 2019
I got the correspondence letter after giving biometrics. How long should I expect to get the next step? I check today that they start to review my eligibility. So basically, they look at the date received on application and put it on prioritization to review? Also, the processing time in U.S for study permit is about 10 weeks that means we count from the date that they receive application right?. I am applying from United States, and I have applied since 18 May.
Processing time these days is completely useless, you can't predict anything.
Secondly, once you'll clear medical then they will start review of eligibility (In case medical is required).
Finally, it doesn't matter when you applied, the day VO starts reviewing your eligibility, is the time you can count for your document processing till final decision (it may takes 1 to 2 months these days).

phuongdong

Jun 27, 2020
Canada
Category........
STUDY
Processing time these days is completely useless, you can't predict anything.
Secondly, once you'll clear medical then they will start review of eligibility (In case medical is required).
Finally, it doesn't matter when you applied, the day VO starts reviewing your eligibility, is the time you can count for your document processing till final decision (it may takes 1 to 2 months these days).
Thanks for your information!! Actually, I check and see that they start reviewing of eligibility. Hopefully, the processing time for me does not take so long. My profile is strong as I got accepted for PhD program.

Raman91

Dec 11, 2019
Thanks for your information!! Actually, I check and see that they start reviewing of eligibility. Hopefully, the processing time for me does not take so long. My profile is strong as I got accepted for PhD program.
If you have all the required documents then you don't need to go through admissibility stage, thus, it will take less time and you'll get direct approval + choosing a PhD program is already a strong point.

Good luck!

Reactions: phuongdong

marmik1617

Jan 4, 2020
File submitted :- 11th June 2020
Medical passed :- 23rd July 2020
Review eligibility started :- 23rd July 2020
File type :- SDS online

Biometric pending.

shanky1202

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017