+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

withdrawl of PR renewal application at any time? even after issuance of RQ

janay

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
Hello
some people are saying that you can withdraw your application at any stage. As applicationerror post dated March 30 shows the same thing.

I landed in July 2005 with five children. Stayed for a year and went back for summer but could not come back due to illness of my mother in law who is my maternal aunt too. came after 4 years when card was just to expire in a month.
Ignorance and honesty sometimes become problem. I did not really know about residency obligation of 2 years for PR renewal, it was knowingly or un knowingly stuck in mind that card can be renewed after 5 years and if one has to apply for citizenship, have to stay for 3 years. That's why I applied for renewal assuming that living in Canada with expired card would be a crime.
I applied for renewal in August 2010. Every Tuesday/Wednesday I used to see my status on line and during that search I came to know about 730 days compulsion and I read on the forum that application cam be withdrawn. I did so but the day I posted my application for withdrawal I received a letter from CIC that your application is sent to St. Clair office. latter I called CIC call center, they told me that we have sent your withdrawal letter to St. Clair too but I was never informed about that. I received RQ from Scarborough office in the second week of Feb. I applied for extension in submission deadline date. I also wrote them that I already had applied for withdrawal in Jan 2011 but my status did not show withdrawal online. CIC Scarborough office granted extension in submission deadline but ignored about withdrawal.
My question is:
1. I called cic call centre yesterday and asked about my situation the lady on phone said That you have to give the information what ever they have requested you (i.e filled up RQs). So on this stage even can I send the withdrawal request?

Anyone with the same experience can please share with me. Should I hire a lawyer?
I have already requested on forum for Sidra Shahids' email address as her case and country of citizenship is exactly the same. If she wants to share with me, my email Address is: fskk56@gmail.com
thanks
Janay

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you want to be certain that you don't make any mistakes, you should get a lawyer.

Sometimes it is possible to withdraw up until the time of RQ but I don't think they have to accept it. Because you applied, they are allowed to check if you meet the requirements. However, if you have mitigating circumstances like taking care of your sick mother in law, and you can prove it, doctors letters and medical reports regarding her illness, you have a good chance of keeping your PR.