+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawing unpicked OWP and Visitor Record applications after COPR

goldenlizard

Apr 1, 2022
I have a situation where advice would be appreciated ...

I sponsored my spouse and kid for PR and they had arrived in Canada on a TRV. Immediately after the AOR, my spouse applied for the OWP. The TRV for my spouse and kid expired last week of September 2023. 1 month before the TRV expired (Aug 2023), I applied for a visitor record for the kid. As of now, neither the OWP nor the visitor record application have been picked for processing by IRCC. But since the initial TRV is expired (6 months over), the OWP and visitor record application gives them implied status to remain in Canada.

Last week, the PR application has got a final decision updated in GCKey and COPR number updated in the tracker. Hopefully, we should have the COPR pdf in the next 4 weeks.

My question is whether I can withdraw the OWP and visitor record application once I get the COPR document, if they still remain unpicked. On the one hand, that way I can apply for a refund for the application fees from IRCC. On the other hand, those applications were the source of implied status once the TRV expired.

I am worried of a situation in the future where I have to prove to IRCC how my family stayed in Canada between the time the TRV expired and COPR granted, if the OWP and Vistor Record applications are withdrawn. Is it safer to just have IRCC reject the applications and forfeit the fees?

Last edited:
Reactions: korwynkim