+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

withdrawal spouse sponsor application

bastian14

Nov 13, 2020
Hello everyone i hope i can have some help

Two days ago my wife gave me the notice that she cancel the sponsor aplication, i been sponsored from her and things were no very good in our relationship with all this nightmare covid19, we send the application on july 2019 for open work permit and permanent resident, i never receive any notice about the work permit but i receive notices about Permanent residence process, i send the medical exams on march and the new passport requested on july, since that i didn't receive any notice.

Now i don't know what can i do, i don't have any money to contact to a lawyer for ask about my situation because my wife is who has been supourting me, should i call to inmigration officer (how can i contact because i send a few mail with the cic form asking about the work permit application and i didnt receive any answer) or can i have another chances to stay here, i make my life here, my family and friends live here and i will love to stay here with the people that i love.

I don't have any money or work permit to survive for more than 10 days.

thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Two days ago my wife gave me the notice that she cancel the sponsor aplication, i been sponsored from her and things were no very good in our relationship with all this nightmare covid19, we send the application on july 2019 for open work permit and permanent resident, i never receive any notice about the work permit but i receive notices about Permanent residence process, i send the medical exams on march and the new passport requested on july, since that i didn't receive any notice.

Now i don't know what can i do, i don't have any money to contact to a lawyer for ask about my situation because my wife is who has been supourting me, should i call to inmigration officer (how can i contact because i send a few mail with the cic form asking about the work permit application and i didnt receive any answer) or can i have another chances to stay here, i make my life here, my family and friends live here and i will love to stay here with the people that i love.

thank you
Your wife has the right to cancel the application for any reason. Since she has canceled the application, you are no longer entitled to a work permit. I don't think there is any point in contacting IRCC.

If you want to remain in Canada and work, then you'll need to secure a job offer from an employer in Canada along with an approved LMIA so that you can apply for a work permit. If you want to remain in Canada permanently, then you will need to qualify on your own through an economic immigration program like Express Entry.

If you don't have enough money to remain in Canada without working and there is no one (family or friends) who you can stay with, then it may make most sense to return to your home country.

Gook luck.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

thank you
When she cancelled the sponsorship she likely also withdrew the work permit application but even if she didn’t withdraw the OWP it will never be granted because visa agents will look to see that your spousal sponsorship is still active. Even if you were able to get a job offer, getting an employer willing to apply and pay for an LMIA and applying for a WP if the LMIA is going to take 6+ months.

What is your current status in Canada? That will also make a big difference in terms of your options.

bastian14

Nov 13, 2020
When she cancelled the sponsorship she likely also withdrew the work permit application but even if she didn’t withdraw the OWP it will never be granted because visa agents will look to see that your spousal sponsorship is still active. Even if you were able to get a job offer, getting an employer willing to apply and pay for an LMIA and applying for a WP if the LMIA is going to take 6+ months.

What is your current status in Canada? That will also make a big difference in terms of your options.
Hello right now i don't know what is my status right now, my last status was a visitor after we send the family sponsor application, now my concern is what to do about my status, if i can apply to Humanitarian and Compassionate PR or another kind of visa to stay here.

I been almost 4 years in total in Canada with WH visa and visitor and then i got merried, so i make a life here and now i'm in this situation

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello right now i don't know what is my status right now, my last status was a visitor after we send the family sponsor application, now my concern is what to do about my status, if i can apply to Humanitarian and Compassionate PR or another kind of visa to stay here.

I been almost 4 years in total in Canada with WH visa and visitor and then i got merried, so i make a life here and now i'm in this situation
If the spousal sponsorship application has been withdrawn, that would have withdrawn the OWP as well. Unless you have been extending your visitor status since the spousal sponsorship application was submitted in 2019, it's quite possible you are in Canada now without status.

You can try the H&C route. It has low approval rates and takes quite a long time to process. You can qualify for an open work permit under an H&C application once you have first stage approval. First stage approval is taking somewhere between 1-2 years. So you would need to figure out how to support yourself until then.

Have you checked to see if you can qualify under Express Entry or PNP?