+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawal of PR Card Application

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re-apply once you receive confirmation that the current application has been closed. Makes sure you can document the 730 days you need. I don't see Notices of Assessment in your documents list so best add this. It would help your application too if you can check with the Omani immigration authorities if they provide a record of entries and exits into Oman i.e do they have the equivalent of CBSA. If yes then get a record of these details for any dates in the 5 year period and include them in your application.

Good luck

manochan

Nov 7, 2013
Thank you for your reply.
What do you mean by Notice of Assessment?
Oman doesn't give entry/exit summery.
As I said earlier, I have completed more than 730 days in my previous application it self.
Now if I apply, It will be more than 1000 days.
Thank you again,
Manochan

manochan

Nov 7, 2013
One more question.
Now that my wife's PR has been cancelled.
Can I apply for her sponsorship immediately?
Please advise.
Thank you,
Manochan

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Notice of Assessment is a document you receive from Canada Revenue when you file taxes that states your income, deductions and monies owed to you/ owed by you to the taxman- so you've lived in Canada all this time and you don't know what this is? Are you filing taxes?

2. Immediate sponsorship depends on whether your PR is under review - at the moment CIC could argue they are checking on your status but once the file is closed then this is no longer an issue. You can save time by applying now and dealing with any issues if they arise - CIC will just pause the processing until your PR status issue is resolved...it could be that unless there is a formal report then CIC can't hold processing...only way to find out is to try...you have nothing to lose.

manochan

Nov 7, 2013
1. Notice of Tax Assessment, I have already included in the standard attachment as per the PR Renewal form. I have been filing my taxes from the time I have landed and I have copies of all Tax Assessment. I attached with my earlier PR application as well.
2. According to me, I made only one error in my 1st PR application, i.e., when I was away from Canada for one year, I gave correct dates but showed only one address whereas I was in and out of India 4 times. When they called my attested passport copies 10 months ago, that I submitted within 15 days.
3. My PR got held up, may be because, I applied with my wife who was not eligible. This is my guess, I may be wrong.
4. My both kids PR renewal came through in December, 2013.

manochan

Nov 7, 2013
I don’t understand why CIC officials keep application under process for more than six months. Whatever reason, they should arrive at the decision and close the file. At least applicants will know their status in Canada.
Sometimes I feel, we, PR holders are treated like a second class citizens.
There is no body to voice for them.
When it comes to tax, PR holders are paying similar tax as CIC officials or citizens to that matter.
Stressful and depressing situation for all those stuck up for want of decision.
Very SAD.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
manochan said:
Sometimes I feel, we, PR holders are treated like a second class citizens.
Well, PR holders are. Actually, even worse since PR holders are not even citizens. That is the whole point of having a PR status.

That is the allure of being a citizen - to have a voice.

parkarasif

Star Member
May 2, 2008
to, manuchan,

Why don't you apply for citizenship with your kids as you have more than 1095 days in canada?

manochan

Nov 7, 2013
Wife sponsorship

I am still not eligible for Citizenship.
After two years of PR, I was away for approximately one full year hence so my 3 years terms is not fitting.

Anyways I have new problem.
My wife surrendered her PR after refusal of PRTD.
Now applied for family visit visa but it is taking very long time.

I have applied for her sponsorship.

I had continuous work for over more than 18 months.
But now my hours have been reduced. The company where I am working is giving lay off in batches. I will be next soon.

Will my lay off affect the sponsorship application?

sammy_2401

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
Hi, I remember as if you had withdrawn your application for PR renewal. If that is the case, please let me know - what is the procedure to withdraw and when you will know the result that they have closed processing of your application so that one can re-apply for the PR renewal application. Thanks.

manochan

Nov 7, 2013
Hi,
When you go to PR renewal application in CIC.GC.CA website. There is a form to withdraw your application. Fill the form, give reason for withdrawal, attach the payment receipt and register mail to CPC. Keep all records of mail and its acknowledgement.
CPC receives thousands of mail daily.
I withdrew my PR application under the reason 'personal'.
Waited for two months and reapplied with all possible attachments to prove my residency.
I did not receive any confirmation of withdrawing my PR.
I just reapplied after two months.
Now it is up to them to work on my application.

sammy_2401

Star Member
Jan 18, 2014
Hi, Thanks for replying so fast. I want to know - after your withdrawal, did your status online eCAS changed to 'COMPLETE' or not yet. Further what is the current status of your new application for PR renewal, did they start processing? How do you know now, that your current eCAS status is for your new application and not for your old application. Appreciate your response. Thanks in advance. Regarding your questions, as far as I know, so long as the applicant is not on welfare, your sponsorship application should not affect. Further, it is only at the time of application that you need to meet the requirements, not at the time of CIC approval and I suppose it is true for everything, for PR renewal, for sponsorship, for family visa etc, only you need to meet the requirements at the time of application. Hope that answers. Awaiting your response for my queries. Regards.

manochan

Nov 7, 2013
Hi,
Before reapplying I saw my status. That was the same, 'sent to CIC office'.
There was no mention of withdrawal. As if my case has been 'FROZEN'.!!!

After reapplying, I have not seen my status.
I am going to give them some more time, say couple of months.
I have all the time in the world.
I am not going anywhere.
Whatever their response, I will reply to them appropriately.
Hope for the best.

Thank you for your reply.
If I am laid off, I can go on EI till I get another job.
Relief for me.
Thanks,
Manochan