+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawal of PR Card Application

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. You can withdraw and re-apply with better proof but you will likely get an RQ as long as your multiple stamps are on file which is the case until you move forward at least 730 days on the 5 year window.

2. Sure she can apply for TD on Humanitarian Grounds but based on your description and as per case law she has a weak case. She was working in the gulf and occasionally going to India to check up on her mother. Her case would be stronger is she had actually lived in India and traveled occasionally to the gulf. An added difficulty is her stated times in India - if she can't even track these now how will she prove them for the TD?

3. If your argument is that she was the primary carer but now wants to live in Canada then who will look after her mother and how do these differ from the past.

4. CIC lawyers and the courts have been dealing with your scenario for years - trying to convince them absences were not a lifestyle choice are going to be a hard sell.

You need apply or withdraw the PR Card/ TD - I don't think you will get any further with this on the forum as someone has to look at your paperwork to identify the viability of either option. Unless you want to reveal much about yourself then you've hit a wall.

manochan

Nov 7, 2013
TD for Wife & Withdrawal of PR Card Application for myself

Okay, I will go forward with;
(1) TD for my wife.
(2) Withdrawal of my PR application
(3) Then reapply for my PR with all hard evidences.
(4) In the meantime I have obtained landing dates from Boarder Agency that proves my entering into Canada.
(5) I never used e-gate to go to any country, so I will identify dates of leaving Canada and give page reference for CIC to identify.
(6) I have CPP statement, all paystubs, T4 forms, tax papers.
I think this will suffice to prove my dates.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good luck - get proof of physical presence in Canada in case you get RQd again e.g. any medical bills. Pay stubs, NOAs etc can all be available even for those who don't physically reside in Canada. Out of interest where were your kids during your travels? How old are they? Who looked after them in your absence?

manochan

Nov 7, 2013
Thank you for your response.
My 2 kids were most of the time with me except for my one visit.
For kids also, I will follow same steps as mine.
I have their school records, etc.
In fact, I thought, my is a very clear application.
I am surprised with CIC’s delay.

manochan

Nov 7, 2013
PRTD Denied

Dear Advisors,

My wife’s PRTD has been denied.
She was the principal applicant in our migration to Canada.

I am here in Canada.
Am I eligible to sponsor her?
There is question in the form that is confusing to me:-

‘In the five years preceding your application, did you become a permanent resident after being sponsored as a spouse, common-low or conjugal partner?
YES / NO’

This is my sixth year of PR.
I have completed first five years of PR.

Please clarify.

Thank you in advance.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Sorry about the bad news for you but she did not seem to have a strong case for TD approval.

2. Yes you can sponsor but your PR status must not be in doubt - you PR application is under investigation at the Local Office but it would be interesting to see what happens if you apply since there has not been a formal report. Your wife must also lose her PR prior to any sponsorship - if she does not appeal then PR loss will be effective at day 61 after TD refusal.

3. Say no to the 5 year sponsorship question. It refers to those sponsored for PR by someone who was a PR/ Citizen already not those included in a FSW application as a dependent spouse. This policy was to stop those who got 'fraudulent' sponsorship aka marriages of convenience landing in Canada divorcing/ dumping their sponsor soon after and then sponsoring their true love!

4. Out of interest if ok to answer her multitude of stamps indicate an airline crew type employment is this is the case?

manochan

Nov 7, 2013
Applying for PR for my wife

Thank you very much for your reply.

In gulf jobs, the problem is, each year or alternate year, the employment visa been stamped on the passport. Plus our travel to and fro other countries on holidays + India. Each travel 4 stamps has been put i.e., exit / entry and exit entry.
In addition, if we change job within the country, cancellation and new job visa.
Plus Canada arrival stamps.
Stamps are all over passport.
In addition our passport are 4 to 6 years prior to arrival in Canada.

About myself, I have withdrawn my PR application and filing a new application.
This will avoid any confusion if any.
This time, I will be thorough in my application.

Yes, my wife's PR has been cancelled as per the letter she received.
She will come here on a visit visa.
In the meantime, I will apply for her sponsorship.

Thank you again for your reply.
That means a lot to me.

manochan

Nov 7, 2013
Exit / Entry stamps on the passport.
My wife travelled once in every month or alternate month to India and back for over 2 to 3 years when her mother had paralytic attach. Each travel four stamps, means one page from the passport is over.
Even in my case, when my sister was serious due to the last stage of cancer, I visited her 5 times and then after her death, I had visit two times. Even my passport is full with exit/entry stamps.
We were travelling alone to see our respective relatives. It was during the weekend. Like going on Thursday night flight and coming on Saturday early morning flight. We were having Thursday / Friday weekend. Muscat to Mumbai is 55 minutes flight. So we were managing without taking leave from office.
Office knew our problem back home so they were kind with us.
Of course air tickets were purchased by us.
When my wife was going, I was taking care of kids, vis-à-vis.

I wanted to know from you that how long I should wait to re-apply for my PR renewal.
My withdrawal form was received by them on December, 19, 2013.
I sent by registered post.

Please, please let me know.
Thank you in advance.

manochan

Nov 7, 2013
1) All companies where I worked, their employment certificates
2) Appointment letters
2) T4 forms
3) Border Agency's statement of arrival
4) All pages of my passport, highlighting entry to Canada and Exit date as per the statement I will be attaching.
5) Doctor's appointment
6) CPP Statement
These are the documents, I did not attach with my Renewal application earlier.
In addition, all the documents required as per the check list.

Please let me know;
a) What other documents, I should submit
and
b) How long I should wait to re-apply.

Please.. please, I need guidelines.
Thank you in advance.
Manochan

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
Add the following, if you can:

1-Pay stubs
2-Your receipt of Visit to Service Canada or Registries, for your renewal of license or Health Card (they can provide you on request)
3-Any membership of Club or social activity prove.
4-Police report/ ticket of any traffic accident where you were involved

manochan

Nov 7, 2013
Hello Hasher,
Thank you for your reply.
1) Pay stubs – I have most of the pay stubs
2) I never went to Service Canada
3) Heath Card Renewal, yes
4) I never went to Police or I do not have traffic
However, My pay stub will show my attendance in the office in Mississauga.

Please let me know, when can I submit my 2nd application.
Thank you once again.
Best wishes,
Manochan

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Has CIC confirmed that your PR application has been withdrawn? I think we've seen a few cases here where CIC has continued processing the application even once a withdrawl request was sent. Have you received any sort of confirmation from CIC?

manochan

Nov 7, 2013
No.
They received only on Jan 6, 2014 as per the registered letter acknowledgment.
I am not sure how long they take to process!
I am not going out of Canada.