+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawal of CEC application. Urgent please.

Beautyzino

Oct 10, 2018
Hello everyone!

I submitted my CEC application on May 13th and had to withdraw the application because:
1. Included an employment experience that I have never claimed in all my applications in Canada ( study and PGWP)
2. I realised I had the wrong NOC.

I immediately sent in an application for withdrawal on May 15th and I got an email this morning,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided; however, it differs from the one we have on file.

In order to better assist you, we invite you to resubmit your request by filling out the IRCC Web form and include the following information:

• Surname and complete given name (including middle name, if applicable) - exactly as they appear on the passport or identity document,
  • Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD),
  • Client ID Number, UCI or Application Number,
  • Country of birth,
  • Type of application,
  • Date on which the application was submitted to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada,
  • Mailing method (courier, Canada Post (registered or regular mail), etc.),
    • company used,
    • confirmation no.,
  • Office where the application was submitted (city, country),
  • Receipt number,
  • Current address,
  • Telephone number(s),
  • Email address, and
  • All documents submitted with your previous request.
We will gladly reply to your enquiry within five (5) business days following reception of the above information.

Furthermore, if you wish to withdraw your application or cancel your withdrawal request, we invite you to fill out the IRCC Web form available on our website.

Please include the following information:

• Complete name: first, last and middle name(s) (if applicable),
  • Unique Client Identifier (UCI), if you have one,
  • Country of birth,
  • Complete address (including the postal code),
    • if the residential address is different from the mailing address, please provide both addresses,
  • Telephone number,
    • if you have more than one contact number, please provide them all,
  • Application type,
  • Date you sent your application,
  • (If applicable) Online application reference number,
  • A copy of the e-payment receipt or a copy of both sides of the payment receipt form (IMM 5401),
  • The reason to withdraw your application or cancel your withdrawal request, and
  • For a permanent residence application, please also include a signed withdrawal letter.
The office will determine whether a withdrawal (or cancellation of a withdrawal request) of the application is possible, and issue a refund, if applicable.

Rest assured that we will communicate with you if further information is required.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

My question is, are there some documents I should have included for the withdrawal? Also, is it possible that they will retain all the documents I had sent in and see it as a misrepresentation when I reapply for PR.

Please advise urgently. Thanks

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Hello everyone!

I submitted my CEC application on May 13th and had to withdraw the application because:
1. Included an employment experience that I have never claimed in all my applications in Canada ( study and PGWP)
2. I realised I had the wrong NOC.

I immediately sent in an application for withdrawal on May 15th and I got an email this morning,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided; however, it differs from the one we have on file.

In order to better assist you, we invite you to resubmit your request by filling out the IRCC Web form and include the following information:

• Surname and complete given name (including middle name, if applicable) - exactly as they appear on the passport or identity document,
  • Client ID Number, UCI or Application Number,
  • Country of birth,
  • Type of application,
  • Date on which the application was submitted to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada,
  • Mailing method (courier, Canada Post (registered or regular mail), etc.),
    • company used,
    • confirmation no.,
  • Office where the application was submitted (city, country),
  • Receipt number,
  • Current address,
  • Telephone number(s),
  • Email address, and
  • All documents submitted with your previous request.
We will gladly reply to your enquiry within five (5) business days following reception of the above information.

Furthermore, if you wish to withdraw your application or cancel your withdrawal request, we invite you to fill out the IRCC Web form available on our website.

Please include the following information:

• Complete name: first, last and middle name(s) (if applicable),
  • Unique Client Identifier (UCI), if you have one,
  • Country of birth,
  • Complete address (including the postal code),
    • if the residential address is different from the mailing address, please provide both addresses,
  • Telephone number,
    • if you have more than one contact number, please provide them all,
  • Application type,
  • Date you sent your application,
  • (If applicable) Online application reference number,
  • A copy of the e-payment receipt or a copy of both sides of the payment receipt form (IMM 5401),
  • The reason to withdraw your application or cancel your withdrawal request, and
  • For a permanent residence application, please also include a signed withdrawal letter.
The office will determine whether a withdrawal (or cancellation of a withdrawal request) of the application is possible, and issue a refund, if applicable.

Rest assured that we will communicate with you if further information is required.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

My question is, are there some documents I should have included for the withdrawal? Also, is it possible that they will retain all the documents I had sent in and see it as a misrepresentation when I reapply for PR.

Please advise urgently. Thanks
I believe instead of canceling the whole application you could have sent an explanation letter and corrected that through the Web form. Does the NOC change your score or disqualify you?

I myself have submitted my application on May 15th, 2020 with a minor mistake of my last job that overlapped with the previous one. 2018 Feb-2019April and 2018 May- 2020 March, the last one should have been 2019, not 2018. But this does not change my score and as soon as I noticed that while preparing to apply for BOWP, I sent an explanation letter to rectify that honest mistake that does not change the score, and it is mentioned in other forms ( Personal Activities) correctly.

I thought about withdrawing the application and resubmit a new one, but I found from other who have been in the same or similar situation that it is better to contact them to catch that mistake before they start processing your application. Moreover, canceling your application might take place or not, and it will take a long time that might not allow you to reapply. In my case, I have one month left in my Work Permit, so I could not risk trying to cancel it rather than correcting that mistake and avoid being considered as misrepresentation.

Please post updates about your situation. I know how worrisome it is but calm down as long as your NOC still within 0, A or B, you can rectify that by WEB Form, according to what I found online trying to mitigate my situation even though there is always something to worry about o_O

If you already canceled it let us know what happened and how long does it take for your Express Entry profile to become active again, or if you have to submit a new EE profile. Good Luck!!!

Beautyzino

Oct 10, 2018
Thanks for your reply @Ramor02
My reason for immediate withdrawal was I never declared my work experience for home when applying for my study permit years back, I spoke to a consultant and she said this can be seen as a misrepresentation which can lead to a refusal, but am scared cos it was already uploaded on my profile, will CIC have access to this information? And also I know of someone who was refused due to wrong NOC.

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Thanks for your reply @Ramor02
My reason for immediate withdrawal was I never declared my work experience for home when applying for my study permit years back, I spoke to a consultant and she said this can be seen as a misrepresentation which can lead to a refusal, but am scared cos it was already uploaded on my profile, will CIC have access to this information? And also I know of someone who was refused due to wrong NOC.
[/QUOTE

Are you reapplying again now? how long will you be able to reapply after canceling this application?

Beautyzino

Oct 10, 2018
I was told I can only apply in August, this is when I got my work permit (flag pole). My PGWP expires on the 30th of August but i was told I can create an EE profile on the 1st of August and apply a few days after if I get ITA.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
What is hard to understand is how anyone goes ahead and submits an application without paying enough attention to such essential things such as the NOC code.

Regarding foreign, or any work experience for that matter, you don't even have to claim any experience that you are not intending to claim points for. So no, this is not necessarily a case of misrepresentation.

When you are asked to complete a timeline of your occupation or activities over the last 10 years you are of course expected to be honest.

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
I was told I can only apply in August, this is when I got my work permit (flag pole). My PGWP expires on the 30th of August but i was told I can create an EE profile on the 1st of August and apply a few days after if I get ITA.
Some created a new profile meanwhile their application is canceled. I think this will be duplicating your application even if you canceled it. Good Luck!

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Too many people seem to do this, omit information on previous applications for other documents and then have issues when it comes filling out their PR application.

Why didn't you disclose your experience in your previous applications?

In any case, it's more important at this juncture to be forthright about your experience on your PR application. In your situation, i think it's preferable to be honest about your experience in your PR application rather than omitting it intentionally so it lines up with information you've not provided previously.

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Too many people seem to do this, omit information on previous applications for other documents and then have issues when it comes filling out their PR application.

In any case, it's more important at this juncture to be forthright about your experience on your PR application. In your situation, i think it's preferable to be honest about your experience in your PR application rather than omitting it intentionally so it lines up with information you've not provided previously.
Sometimes, they do not know the importance of being accurate and transparent about that until it is too late. At least in BeautyZino's case, the first reaction was to cancel the application to be truthful. Hopefully, by then your WP will be valid and your score will get you an ITA right away.

Beautyzino

Oct 10, 2018

This is the reason why I had to withdraw my application immediately so I dont get a refusal, I will create a new profile without this experience since I never claimed it, am just a bit worried if this can still be seen by cic when I send a new application.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sometimes, they do not know the importance of being accurate and transparent about that until it is too late. At least in BeautyZino's case, the first reaction was to cancel the application to be truthful. Hopefully, by then your WP will be valid and your score will get you an ATI right away.
Nothing to do with being accurate. People hide previous work experience and education to try to increase their chances of study permit approval.

I suggest you read OP's posts again. They were "accidentally" truthful in their app and now want to withdraw that app to hide the experience.

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Nothing to do with being accurate. People hide previous work experience and education to try to increase their chances of study permit approval.

I suggest you read OP's posts again. They were "accidentally" truthful in their app and now want to withdraw that app to hide the experience.
Actually previous education and work experience should be considered as additional credit for an applicant.
It is already frustrating for this applicant to discover the bad outcome of not being transparent. Some lose the points for the foreign experience because of that. In this case, to be truthful, this applicant should clarify this point otherwise it will always be hidden and uncounted. Besides, they will review the application before canceling it, so this will be registered anyway. Any change in the future will cause discrepancy, therefore, it is better to come clean about why you omitted it in the first place.
The question for BeautyZino.... Did you apply for a Study permit on your own or through an agency?

When I first wanted to hire an agent to apply in my stead, I noticed that the agent messed everything up, I am glad I noticed that before submitting, I ended up doing everything on my own since then. Minor innocent mistakes or typos happen, but they acknowledge that. With the agent, it was like trying to write the least.

Beautyzino

Oct 10, 2018
Actually previous education and work experience should be considered as additional credit for an applicant.
It is already frustrating for this applicant to discover the bad outcome of not being transparent. Some lose the points for the foreign experience because of that. In this case, to be truthful, this applicant should clarify this point otherwise it will always be hidden and uncounted. Besides, they will review the application before canceling it, so this will be registered anyway. Any change in the future will cause discrepancy, therefore, it is better to come clean about why you omitted it in the first place.
The question for BeautyZino.... Did you apply for a Study permit on your own or through an agency?

When I first wanted to hire an agent to apply in my stead, I noticed that the agent messed everything up, I am glad I noticed that before submitting, I ended up doing everything on my own since then. Minor innocent mistakes or typos happen, but they acknowledge that. With the agent, it was like trying to write the least.
Yes I applied through an agency

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
This is the reason why I had to withdraw my application immediately so I dont get a refusal, I will create a new profile without this experience since I never claimed it, am just a bit worried if this can still be seen by cic when I send a new application.
Did not you claim foreign work experience points? So why you uploaded related documents, they only require Employment Records for what you claimed points for, the rest will be mentioned in your Personal Activities Record only.

According to the IRCC website, it will be their decision to refuse to withdraw or not after assessing the reason for withdrawal... Clarifying your situation would be the safest course of action. This is in my opinion, and I wish you the best.

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Yes I applied through an agency
Why did your agent omit your work experience? If it was your choice or his, you can clear your reasons, and keep this ready to submit it when and if they inquire about this. Honesty will never cause troubles