Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Re: Withdraw PR status-we all have options-happianess

v4x said:
Hi, I think I owe this forum an explanation, for people who understand and support me also who expressed different aspects.

Sorry there is no useful information regarding PR status, but we are all human beings and pursuing only one ending-happiness. Allow me.

I love my husband, for the past 8 years, getting him a legal status in Canada was becoming my life goal.Our love was strong,(for him it's a complicated feeling towards Canada I guess,without status for 5 years would cause a deep frustration and sadness,we were together the whole time,didn't see our parents in 5 years) In 2009, he has been forced to leave Canada coz we had a huge fight and he called cops,he said his life in Canada was enough let them take me home. After he left, I quitted my job and went back, during those 2 years I still missed Canada and want to finish what we left.we agreed that I come back first and file the PR application for him. I fully committed. His called me at least 4 times a day,v-chat twice a day,tons of text msg n emails, like normal, I felt his love.Things went well,he got PR in 8 months and came to Toronto in late Oct 2012. I picked him up at Pearson airport T1,will never forget that day, he only smiled slightly to me after 9 months separation. All of sudden,I felt there's something really wrong, in the following days,he talked to me less and less said he does't love me anymore. Same as the story you can find in therapy sites, I shocked/cried/yelled/begged/ no idea why he all of sudden became another person. we both on our annual vacation. 10 days later,we went back to our country,he continued to go to work,refused to talk to me, slept on the sofa,get drunk. I think maybe the visa officer gave him a hard time at the airport so he recalled bad memories. I don't want to lose my family,being with him is the only thing I want. I quitted my job in RBC sold my car transferred my condo in Toronto, thanks all my friends who help me without hesitated.

I stayed at home, cooked every meal and wash his clothes,he said he won't eat as long as I cooked...I cried out loud coz I don't know what I did wrong to deserve this. One evening,he came home in midnight so drunk,I can't help to check his cell phone,my hands were shaky.The conversation was like a prone and he told that girl he cannot force me to get divorce coz I might not handle the sadness and become mentally disability and the law will always protect disabilities so he will never get divorce,that's why he gave me silence treatment and let my heart die and leave him... the girl said she wants to go to U.S. he won't let her said they can go to Canada in the future together...
I am 31 years old,my best 8 years was with him,until that day,I felt my life was a big joke. In the letter I wrote to visa officer when I filed his application: my husband is my life. That's why I felt die inside when he wants to leave me.

annabruce: thanks for pointing out your thoughts.yes I felt unfair and I did tell my husband to cancel his status because I was angry,I later told him this status belongs to him and it's his call.This cancellation will not bring him back. We had those great 8 years and the status was occurred during our marriage was in a good faith.

chipits: thanks for not judging.I do not expect people to be on my side,but appreciate it happens. All my husband's friends even some family members and my friends stays on my side,I guess I did something right.

Members, sorry for this long story and it bores you Im sure :) Hope everyone of you holds your beloved ones tight,respect his/her willingness. Love also means scarifies,if I did not leave to Canada in 2009, this would not happen...Family is above everything,status is just a tiny step for the happiness.

This is sad. I hope you overcome this difficult time of your life.

samaseemo

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
kitchener_inland said:
I'm sorry but your argument is nonsense and prejudice! more than 40% of domestic marriages now a days fail regardless. if you compare the ratio the domestic marriage fail is actually much higher so the argument is baseless. yes there are failed marriages but that can be domestic or overseas it doesn't matter. there are exception cases in both domestic or "overseas" but you can't judge based on an individual case.
its sad to see that happen, but lets not paint everyone with the same brush! every failed marriage has its own factors.
you don't have to make her feel guilty just because she loved someone overseas, unfortunately her marriage didn't workout and she has to move on. a failed marriage could very well happen to her if she married a Canadian here in Canada.

thanks
I'm not being prejudice or saying nonsense. there are more factors for marriages overseas than domestic. Firstly having a PR involved, this is the main reason for a overseas marriage to commence then fail. when someone marries another to get Canadian PR. this reason is excluded from domestic marriages. Another reason would be the change involved in an overseas marriage. Some changes are too hard for the applicant sponsored. these changes are include change of weather, change of lifestyle, cultural changes. and many more. when the principle applicant is not happy with all these changes divorce could be filed. Both domestic and overseas marriages have a common factor of failing which is money but as I said above there are more reasons for overseas marriages to fail in general.

Because of these stories we hear and these interpretations of reasons why the marriage failed, we notice over the years processing times have gone up for spousal sponsorship. for the reasons of marriage fraud. there's always 2 sides of the story and not all cases involve marriage fraud. In many cases the sponsor is very bitter and wants to blame the other party. they complain to government to revoke PR status. This gives government more control on relationships and gives them the authority to judge if they are valid or not ! this is why CIC wants more proof regarding validity of the marriage. now there are backlogs and we have to wait longer for our loved ones, we need to prove that we are legally married and in some cases. this might be okay with you but for many people shouldn't struggle this much to be together.

Just imagine if we need to submit validity of relationship proofs for domestic marriages ? would you be okay with that ? because there are many domestic marriages that fail as well ?

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
I agree with some of person who doubt the real attention of the OP , why she is looking for a Form to cancel the PR status of her husband.

First, God forbid if I was in this situation where my spouse is cheating and my marriage is going to end, I wont be coming on the forum asking for PR staus cancellation form, this is not logic. A part from revenge I won't see any other reason why someone will be looking for this. as a spouse probably has all the information about the spouse so can easily fill and send the form just to mess up the spouse life.

I don't see why on earth someone who don't like the place where he/she immigrated would do all effort to search for a Form and way to cancel, while no one is preventing him to leave the country as he/she wish and never come back.

All this story doesn't make any sense.

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
samaseemo said:
I'm not being prejudice or saying nonsense. there are more factors for marriages overseas than domestic. Firstly having a PR involved, this is the main reason for a overseas marriage to commence then fail. when someone marries another to get Canadian PR. this reason is excluded from domestic marriages. Another reason would be the change involved in an overseas marriage. Some changes are too hard for the applicant sponsored. these changes are include change of weather, change of lifestyle, cultural changes. and many more. when the principle applicant is not happy with all these changes divorce could be filed. Both domestic and overseas marriages have a common factor of failing which is money but as I said above there are more reasons for overseas marriages to fail in general.

Because of these stories we hear and these interpretations of reasons why the marriage failed, we notice over the years processing times have gone up for spousal sponsorship. for the reasons of marriage fraud. there's always 2 sides of the story and not all cases involve marriage fraud. In many cases the sponsor is very bitter and wants to blame the other party. they complain to government to revoke PR status. This gives government more control on relationships and gives them the authority to judge if they are valid or not ! this is why CIC wants more proof regarding validity of the marriage. now there are backlogs and we have to wait longer for our loved ones, we need to prove that we are legally married and in some cases. this might be okay with you but for many people shouldn't struggle this much to be together.

Just imagine if we need to submit validity of relationship proofs for domestic marriages ? would you be okay with that ? because there are many domestic marriages that fail as well ?

so you suggest that people should not love anyone other than a Canadian or should prevent marriages overseas, because few of them don't work out? do you even listen to your self? I'm not saying people should get up and go get married right away with out knowing that person but that goes for everyone including Canadians. again as I said failed marriage in Canada to a Canadian is higher regardless of the factor so your argument doesn't make any sense. getting married to anyone anywhere could go any way. I'm sure nobody is getting married knowing their marriage is a fail and somehow miraculously predict what will happen. I agree that marrying someone is a big decisions and people should think about it and put in all the factors before making the decision.
one more thing it is evident from this lady's argument that the marriage didn't work out for whatever reason, but it doesn't have anything to do with PR otherwise the husband wouldn't agree to go home! maybe the husband was unfaithful which is horrible but it has nothing to do with PR.

ironically my brother in Law who is a Canadian has a wife from over seas they are a very happy family together and have a little boy (my little nephew) while the cousin's (a Canadian married to a Canadian) marriage is failing, so as I said what you say doesn't make sense to me.
you can Not tell people who to marry who not to marry or who to love who not to love, which proves my point (its prejudice)

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
OP,

Betrayal is an awful feeling. I do understand this, but people when they are unhappy can lash out at one another in a variety of different ways, sometimes through abuse, affairs or financial infidelity etc... At the root of this is a feeling of dissatisfaction in one way or another. Sometimes, we don't even realize that it is not our parnter who makes us unhappy, but rather we are unhappy with ourself.

Anna and I are going through a really tough time right now. We're both very tired as a result of our 6 month old baby. On top of this, two weeks ago she fell asleep at the wheel while driving, totalling the car. The car is my employment. A few days ago, I manage to buy a new car, and then last night I had someone attempt a left turn from the wrong lane, cutting me off. I just badly damaged my new car. We are having a really tough time avoiding blaming each other for circumstance not directly in our control. Quite a few fights over the last two weeks as a result of the stress.

My point is this: Sometimes, it is life itself that destroys a relationship between two well intentioned people. Neither person in that relationship deserves to be punished. A weakness in your husband's character denies him the ability to look within himself and save your relationship. He shouldn't be punished through an action against his legal status in Canada.

I understand the feeling of wanting to escape from what I believe is making me unhappy. I am wise enough to realize it isn't Anna's fault.

Ending on a positive note: She finally received her permanent resident car on Friday.

samaseemo

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
kitchener_inland said:
so you suggest that people should not love anyone other than a Canadian or should prevent marriages overseas, because few of them don't work out? do you even listen to your self? I'm not saying people should get up and go get married right away with out knowing that person but that goes for everyone including Canadians. again as I said failed marriage in Canada to a Canadian is higher regardless of the factor so your argument doesn't make any sense. getting married to anyone anywhere could go any way. I'm sure nobody is getting married knowing their marriage is a fail and somehow miraculously predict what will happen. I agree that marrying someone is a big decisions and people should think about it and put in all the factors before making the decision.
one more thing it is evident from this lady's argument that the marriage didn't work out for whatever reason, but it doesn't have anything to do with PR otherwise the husband wouldn't agree to go home! maybe the husband was unfaithful which is horrible but it has nothing to do with PR.

ironically my brother in Law who is a Canadian has a wife from over seas they are a very happy family together and have a little boy (my little nephew) while the cousin's (a Canadian married to a Canadian) marriage is failing, so as I said what you say doesn't make sense to me.
you can Not tell people who to marry who not to marry or who to love who not to love, which proves my point (its prejudice)
no you are missing my point. you didn't even read my message or understand any of my points. let me explain this again.

all im saying is that when you get married theres always gonna be a chance for the marriage not working out regardless weather its local or overseas. People should be take responsibility for their marriage and not expect the government to look into marriage issues.

OP title is (Withdraw PR status ) meaning SHE WANTS HER HUSBAND OUT OF CANADA.

she is expecting the government to police her marriage and get rid of her husband as an act of revenge. all im saying she should take responsibility and own up to her actions.

because of OP'S and other marriage fraud complaints, government has to double-check our relationships to verify if they are genuine or not. I think the sponsor and the spouse could judge their marriage better than anyone else.

you still didn't answer my question.

do you want the government to doublecheck peoples relationships before they get married do you think this government control is proper ? since when do goverments check validity of marriages ? since when was is so hard for 2 love birds to be together ? it all started when we got so many complaints crying marriage fraud.

we are losing our freedom even to get married I have to submit countless or proofs to get the government to recognize my marriage. back in the day it used to be a marriage certificate. not anymore

you should be looking at the big picture and recognize these posts are causing long processing times for love birds who want to be together.

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
samaseemo said:
no you are missing my point. you didn't even read my message or understand any of my points. let me explain this again.

all im saying is that when you get married theres always gonna be a chance for the marriage not working out regardless weather its local or overseas. People should be take responsibility for their marriage and not expect the government to look into marriage issues.

she is expecting the government to police her marriage and get rid of her husband as an act of revenge. all im saying she should take responsibility and own up to her actions.

because of OP'S and other marriage fraud complaints, government has to double-check our relationships to verify if they are genuine or not. I think the sponsor and the application could judge their marriage better than anyone else.

do you want the government to doublecheck peoples relationships before they get married do you think this government control is proper ? since when do goverments check validity of marriages ? since when was is so hard for 2 love birds to be together ? it all started when we got so many complaints crying marriage fraud.

we are losing our freedom even to get married I have to submit countless or proofs to get the government to recognize my marriage. back in the day it used to be a marriage certificate. not anymore

you should be looking at the big picture and recognize these posts are causing long processing times for love birds who want to be together.
Completely agree with this

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samaseemo said:

You are saying nonsense ....

In Canada, hundreds of new immigrants arrive every day from different parts of the world. They all don't get married here. That could be because of many reasons. One of them could be cultural. Another reason could be not finding a person to marry here. Also, many may had existing relationships with someone in their home country.

While there are cases of fraud, those are exceptions rather then norm. It is sad and pity that for many applications, it take so long to process and CIC could do better job expediting the unification of couples. It seems in your statement you are blaming the backlog of applications on CIC's reviewing validity of marriage when someone marries outland. Ironically you are an outland sponsor yourself.

kitchener_inland

Jul 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Kitchener
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2011: application received
Doc's Request.
07-21-2011: received AIP & PPR request
LANDED..........
26-10-2012
samaseemo said:

because of OP'S and other marriage fraud complaints, government has to double-check our relationships to verify if they are genuine or not. I think the sponsor and the application could judge their marriage better than anyone else.

I do agree there should be more responsibility to make the decision to get married. I also agree that its unfair that we all have to wait for so long to go through the process of simply getting married and reunite with our loved ones. but I think part of it is the system's fault too. there should be a better way because some people are waiting for years for the process. I don't think the system should punish everybody to go through so much because of some bad cases, they should implement a better system that is more effective and not everyone is burned through the process for so long. believe me it annoys me that some people make mistakes and they run to the government expecting the government to fix everything for them and sometimes they lie in the process of doing so just to get revenge for their relationship. I do think some sort of responsibility should be taken by the person themselves but people do mistakes, no one is perfect and if they are being abused, they have to be helped somehow.
the part that little bothered me was "red flags regarding overseas marriages" in your comment earlier but perhaps you didn't mean it in a bad way and maybe I understood a little different :) its all good.

I do think we need a better more effective system.

cheers!

samaseemo

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
goodman36 said:
You are talking nonsense.

In Canada, hundreds of new immigrants arrive every day from different parts of the world. They all don't get married here. That could be because of many reasons. One of them could be cultural. Another reason could be not finding a person to marry here. Also, many may had existing relationships with someone in another country.

while there are cases of fraud, those are exceptions rather then norm. It is sad and pity that for many applications, it take so long to process and CIC could do better job expediting the unification of couples. It seems in your statement you are blaming the backlog of applications on CIC's reviewing validity of marriage when someone marries outland. Ironically you are an outland sponsor yourself.
First of all. I explained my factors and you mentioned nothing. how am I talking nonsense ? you clearly have nothing to backup your argument.

Secondly, there are too many cases of fraud. I see it every day in the news. there are some idiots who are irresponsible marrying overseas and getting duped by some scammer after many warnings. I'm sick of people crying to the government when fraud happens. its something they should have realized from the start. I've seen marriage fraud in my own eyes. I've seen old men marrying younger women and vice versa to get divorced when in Canada, because of these idiots legit couples are waiting years to see each other.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kitchener_inland said:
I do agree there should be more responsibility to make the decision to get married. I also agree that its unfair that we all have to wait for so long to go through the process of simply getting married and reunite with our loved ones. but I think part of it is the system's fault too. there should be a better way because some people are waiting for years for the process. I don't think the system should punish everybody to go through so much because of some bad cases, they should implement a better system that is more effective and not everyone is burned through the process for so long. believe me it annoys me that some people make mistakes and they run to the government expecting the government to fix everything for them and sometimes they lie in the process of doing so just to get revenge for their relationship. I do think some sort of responsibility should be taken by the person themselves but people do mistakes, no one is perfect and if they are being abused, they have to be helped somehow.
the part that little bothered me was "red flags regarding overseas marriages" in your comment earlier but perhaps you didn't mean it in a bad way and maybe I understood a little different :) its all good.

I do think we need a better more effective system.

cheers!
I agree wholeheartedly with your comments.

Seems Citizenship and Immigration Canada is coming up with new visa types, changes to forms, new regulations etc. But I don't see any talk about reducing the back log. Also, for some visa offices it takes mere 6 months to issue COPR while for some visa offices, it is taking over 2 years. You can not get any discriminatory then that. I am sure some of us wouldn't mind paying a little more or even showing intimate videos to prove genuine relationship.

The system sucks and the jobs of these visa officers are the most cushy ones that are out there.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samaseemo said:
First of all. I explained my factors and you mentioned nothing. how am I talking nonsense ? you clearly have nothing to backup your argument.

Secondly, there are too many cases of fraud. I see it every day in the news. there are some idiots who are irresponsible marrying overseas and getting duped by some scammer after many warnings. I'm sick of people crying to the government when fraud happens. its something they should have realized from the start. I've seen marriage fraud in my own eyes. I've seen old men marrying younger women and vice versa to get divorced when in Canada, because of these idiots legit couples are waiting years to see each other.
I have read your previous posts. If you didn't see argument in my post, then I must question your IQ. Instead of helping others and talking positive, you posts are full of attacking others. Grow up.

samaseemo

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
goodman36 said:
I have read your previous posts. If you didn't see argument in my post, then I must question your IQ. Instead of helping others and talking positive, you posts are full of attacking others. Grow up.
you had no argument, instead of attacking me keyboard warrior why don't you answer this;

do you think people sending money to Nigerian scammers are smart or stupid ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=_XH38k91dL8

Kiwi12

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
29-06-2012
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived AIP:February 13, 2013
LANDED..........
December 20, 2013
Everybody has a right to their opinion. I myself cannot believe that somebody would come to this forum when there are so many desperate people trying to be with their loved one and ask how to withdraw a spouses PR. I can see that the individual who posted on this thread did everything they thought they could to save the relationship but it's finished and I don't believe it is fair to ask that person to leave the country when they left everything in their own country to come over here to establish themselves and then be asked to leave. As you say, some marriages work and some don't.

darwinwap

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2012
AOR Received.
15-11-2012, AIP - February 3, 2013
Med's Done....
May 2012
I agree. It's time to move on, there's no use of crying over spilled milk. It was her decision to sponsor her husband. The way I see it the only reason why she would want to cancel the PR status of her husband is shes still in love with him trying to get him back or she's so bitter that she won't let him stay in Canada with his new girlfriend. It's time to let go and just move on with life. Do this for yourself and not for him. He's not worth your time.