+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

with my PR can i stay in any province in Canada?

believing

Feb 22, 2012
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
at CIO 11 April 2012
Nomination.....
March 2012
AOR Received.
AOR-CIO: 9th May 2012
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
Dont know but ECAS Changed to IN-PROCESS 24/5/2012
Med's Request
12/6/2012
Med's Done....
19/6/2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
19th July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-August-2012
Hi guys,

I agree with fulfilling your moral obligation to the province that nominated you. The whole PNP is designed in such a way that each province want to promote economy growth for their individual provinces and hence they way they structeured each of the streams. for example if you get PR via family stream in Manitoba it must have been that you have demostrated a strong reason and family ties in the first place. So the systems in itself is self checking although can be beaten.

Having been around for a while I have come to realise that this world is a small place where our decision today can come back to hunt us in the future. Even when there is no force that can stop you now from moving to another province I believe that Karma can, remember what goes around come around.

Let other people have mentioned stay there for a while in my opinion I believe may be after becoming canadian citizen (which should be 3 yrs after PR) you can then move and remember if you want to nominate other members of your family or friends you have to be a resident of that province. All the best

candyman2121

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
Leon said:
When you applied for the PR, you said you will settle in this province. When you landed, it must still be true.

If you move away from that province a very short time after landing, you know it will look like you already knew that when you landed because nobody moves house with a very short notice. If you already knew that when you landed, you commited misrepresentation when you landed because you did not inform that your situation had changed and you were no longer willing to settle in this province. If you had informed them, because it is a PNP PR, you would not have gotten your PR.

So.. if you really want to move to another province, at least be smart enough to stay for at least several months after landing so it doesn't look like you were planning this beforehand.

thanks for letting me know...I havent applied for PNP yet but its good to know many different aspects of it..

StalkeRude

Jul 3, 2012
almost all members agreed that you should stay in the province that nominated you for a while. in my opinion yes you can leave whenever you want,but bear in mind that P.R. is not a permanent status in canada,but being a citizen. if you have plans of becoming a canadian citizen in the future then i may suggest that stick in to your province until you get your citizenship..and thats the safest way to do it.

OldMiltonian

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2011
Nomination.....
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
25-01-2012
Med's Request
08-05-2012
Med's Done....
17-05-2012
Passport Req..
11-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2012
LANDED..........
31-07-2012
It mostly hurts future applicants, it helps not to abuse the system...for the sake of others

candyman2121

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
OldMiltonian said:
It mostly hurts future applicants, it helps not to abuse the system...for the sake of others
Can it hurt citizenship a persons citizenship application if he/she is not staying in the province that nominated them.

giselle

Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2011
Nomination.....
10-05-2011
AOR Received.
19-07-2011
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2012
Passport Req..
25-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2012
LANDED..........
in God's time
guys how about being employed by other province (other the one which sponsored you) but working from home/residing in the sponsoring province? does that count? have i violated my moral obligation in that case? i'm not sure how taxation will happen, my payroll is in the other province. but physical presence will be almost in the sponsoring province. thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
candyman2121 said:
Can it hurt citizenship a persons citizenship application if he/she is not staying in the province that nominated them.
I haven't heard of that happening in the past, as if they will start that in the future, I have no idea.

giselle said:
guys how about being employed by other province (other the one which sponsored you) but working from home/residing in the sponsoring province? does that count? have i violated my moral obligation in that case? i'm not sure how taxation will happen, my payroll is in the other province. but physical presence will be almost in the sponsoring province. thanks!
As long as you live in the nominating province, you are ok. By living there and spending money there, you are also paying taxes there.
Also note that when people in SK or MB sponsor their family members, they can not sponsor again if somebody they have sponsored in the past has left the province. For that, they only look at where you live, not where you work.

candyman2121

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
Leon said:
I haven't heard of that happening in the past, as if they will start that in the future, I have no idea.

As long as you live in the nominating province, you are ok. By living there and spending money there, you are also paying taxes there.
Also note that when people in SK or MB sponsor their family members, they can not sponsor again if somebody they have sponsored in the past has left the province. For that, they only look at where you live, not where you work.

Do you know any cases where applicant left their nominated province but still were successful in getting their citizenship?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
candyman2121 said:
Do you know any cases where applicant left their nominated province but still were successful in getting their citizenship?
No, I haven't heard of any success cases either but I assume if there was a problem, it would be more likely to have heard about it than if there isn't.

candyman2121

Star Member
Jun 26, 2012
Leon said:
No, I haven't heard of any success cases either but I assume if there was a problem, it would be more likely to have heard about it than if there isn't.
And citizenship I think is granted on a different basis..

panamio2000

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Stay with your Province. You are morally obliged to stay with them. You shouldn't even ask about this, unless you don't really care about the province and its nomination program that is bringing you and, of course, future applicants for that province. If you are just lying to get to Canada faster, stay where you are, you are beginning your immigration process with the wrong foot. Now, if you spend months and months and nothing comes up; then, that is a different story. Take cake, and stick to your guns.

basti13

May 18, 2014
hello guys,

Just got my PR visa under BC PNP, can I land in other province, instead of BC?

regards,
marc

ivan124

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2013
AOR Received.
07-15-2013
Med's Request
07-16-2013
Med's Done....
07-21-2013
Passport Req..
03-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-18-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
basti13 said:
hello guys,

Just got my PR visa under BC PNP, can I land in other province, instead of BC?

regards,
marc
Be prepare to answer as why you chose another province instead of BC. In order to avoid the hassle it's better to land in BC

basti13

May 18, 2014
ah ok, thanks for all your replies. another thing, let's say I land in BC, can i stay in BC for 2-3 months and then move to other province? is it advisable to do that?