+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

with my PR can i stay in any province in Canada?

basti13

May 18, 2014
Already landed as PR in BC, but planning to move to other province....

Hello Guys,

I already landed here in BC as Provincial Nominee. It's been a week and 3 days, to be exact and until now I haven't found any job. I'm already starting to live on my own and paying my house rental. Now, can I move to other province since I have relative there offering me a job?? I'm planning to get my PR card first before transferring to other province. Will there be any bad consequences regarding this?
I've read a lot of forums and the answer is 50-50.

Thanks,
Marc

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Already landed as PR in BC, but planning to move to other province....

basti13 said:
Hello Guys,

I already landed here in BC as Provincial Nominee. It's been a week and 3 days, to be exact and until now I haven't found any job. I'm already starting to live on my own and paying my house rental. Now, can I move to other province since I have relative there offering me a job?? I'm planning to get my PR card first before transferring to other province. Will there be any bad consequences regarding this?
I've read a lot of forums and the answer is 50-50.

Thanks,
Marc
A week and 3 days is not a long time to say you couldn't find a job. Stay at least 2-3 months.

Immigration is not currently going after people who leave as far as I know. However, nobody can guarantee that they will not do it in the future. If they do and if they come after you and ask you if you truly intended to settle in BC when you applied under PNP and later landed as a PR, you do not want to say no because that would mean you misrepresented yourself at your application / landing and you can lose your PR for that. If you say yes, the next question will be that if you truly intended to settle in BC when you landed, why did you pack up and leave BC a week and 3 days later. In that case, it will look much better for you if you can say that you stayed for at least 2-3 months and tried to find work before you got a job offer from another province.

basti13

May 18, 2014
Hello Leon,

This is what I've got from BC PNP office (below). From my understanding, it seems that once I have the PR card or whatever I can move to other BC..But still, I will better stay for 2-3 months atleast, for the benefit of the doubt..
I check my STATUS in CIC online..

--->You entered Canada at the Vancouver International Airport office on November 16, 2014 and became a Permanent Resident.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hello,

Your PR process would need to be finalized and completed from CIC before you would be able to re-locate outside of B.C.
If this is the case you can move to another province.

Regards,

BC Provincial Nominee Program
Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Skills Training
#800-360 West Georgia St.
Vancouver, BC V6B 6B2
Tel: 604-775-2227 Fax:604-660-4092

newland

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
HongKong
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2014-03-05
Doc's Request.
2014-06-30
Nomination.....
2014-08-25
AOR Received.
2014-09-16
IELTS Request
Submitted with Initial Application
File Transfer...
2015-02-11
Med's Request
2015-07-03
Med's Done....
2015-07-18
Interview........
NOT
Passport Req..
2015-08-31
VISA ISSUED...
2015-09-22
LANDED..........
2016-01-30
Leon said:
When you applied for the PR, you said you will settle in this province. When you landed, it must still be true.

If you move away from that province a very short time after landing, you know it will look like you already knew that when you landed because nobody moves house with a very short notice. If you already knew that when you landed, you commited misrepresentation when you landed because you did not inform that your situation had changed and you were no longer willing to settle in this province. If you had informed them, because it is a PNP PR, you would not have gotten your PR.

So.. if you really want to move to another province, at least be smart enough to stay for at least several months after landing so it doesn't look like you were planning this beforehand.
reasonable way!!!

basti13

May 18, 2014
atleast, i am enlightened that there's no such ruling that there's a need to stay for 2yrs before we can move to other province as what the BCPNP replied to me... :D :D :D :D