+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wire transfer not going through ! Reason of transfer needed!

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
Hi all

I landed in canada as a fsw at 2015 and after 3 weeks returned to my country . During the past 2 years i made like 5 wire transfers to canada to my bank account . Because i live in an unstable country i can not transfer large amounts of money from my personal account so instead i do it through a local broker who transfer the money through banks in turkey and every time it works fine and the money usually reaches my account the same day !

This week i tried the same way but the broker told me it is not going through ! And he asked my for a copy of my passport + ( the reason of transfer ) !!!

Im really puzzled what to write the reason , is this information required by the turkish authorities or by canada ? Im sure my canadian bank knows im a Legal PR .

The local broker in my country said to write the reason as ( selling property ) but im afraid this my entitle me for taxes in future when we finally move in 2018 ? The real reason actually is that the money are old savings that i did not wire in fist year after landing ?

Please wxperts help me what to write? I

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Assume you are non resident for tax purposes, the reason would not affect you when you return to Canada next year.

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
Assume you are non resident for tax purposes, the reason would not affect you when you return to Canada next year.
Thanks steaky for your reply

Actually im not a resident of canada , is there such a thing of writing down reason of transfer ! Is there a list or code to choose from , banking system is so primitive in my country and even the broker im using does not know what to write ?