+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2021 Intake: Student Visa

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Hi,

I have all of your previous replies. I just have one quick query. My agent filled my student permit visa application form and didn't save it.
Could anyone pls tell what all documents to bring to biometric appointment. I am really confused and my appointment is on 4th Dec 2020. So, i would appreciated your help. Thanks!!!
Just your passport and your biometric letter which is in your CIC account

Jun 22, 2019
Hi,

I applied from qatar and got refused. Working here from 5 years, showed properties in India and also employment letter as well.
Below are the reasons for rejection:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

• Sad
Reactions: Sad93

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Dear friends, unfortunately my spouse's visa has not issued yet and I am thinking about deferring my offer to the next available semester. Hs any of you guys know the process? If I get the new offer from the university, can I submit it via webform to my current CIC application or I have to create a new one and submit all of the documents again? Also if I defer my program, does my spouse's application automaticaly postponed with mine or he has to submit another application too? Thanks

Oreoluwatemi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Dear friends, unfortunately my spouse's visa has not issued yet and I am thinking about deferring my offer to the next available semester. Hs any of you guys know the process? If I get the new offer from the university, can I submit it via webform to my current CIC application or I have to create a new one and submit all of the documents again? Also if I defer my program, does my spouse's application automaticaly postponed with mine or he has to submit another application too? Thanks
Hi, sorry about the delay. Have you sent a webform explaining this and the urgency of the situation. Also, if your next start program is within 150 days, you don’t need to inform IRCC if you defer. You don’t have to create a new application, if at all you will just send a copy of your new LOA to them. If you have received your passport stamped, then I don’t think it is necessary to inform them cause it won’t change anything. On your LOI/POE it is stated you are to enter Canada before the end of the particular deadline/duration of your course, and you can always extend it if you need once your permit expires. Others can assist with this also.

Reactions: Sad93

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Hi, sorry about the delay. Have you sent a webform explaining this and the urgency of the situation. Also, if your next start program is within 150 days, you don’t need to inform IRCC if you defer. You don’t have to create a new application, if at all you will just send a copy of your new LOA to them. If you have received your passport stamped, then I don’t think it is necessary to inform them cause it won’t change anything. On your LOI/POE it is stated you are to enter Canada before the end of the particular deadline/duration of your course, and you can always extend it if you need once your permit expires. Others can assist with this also.
Hi, yes I sentd couple of webforms and attached a certificate from my doctor which confirms that I am suffering from major anxiety and I am strongly attached to my spouse emotionally but still no answer from them! I asked for GCSM notes and got an answer few days ago which they mentioned that his application is still in progress! Unfortunately my college informed me yesterday tha t my course's capacity is full for the next semester and I can only defer my offer to January 2021!! I want to know that if I manage to get a new LOA from another college for the next semester, can I still upload it to my current account or I have to create a new account for that. Our situation is so frustrating and the IRCC did not give us a single clear answer about the situation of my spouse.

Oreoluwatemi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Hi, yes I sentd couple of webforms and attached a certificate from my doctor which confirms that I am suffering from major anxiety and I am strongly attached to my spouse emotionally but still no answer from them! I asked for GCSM notes and got an answer few days ago which they mentioned that his application is still in progress! Unfortunately my college informed me yesterday tha t my course's capacity is full for the next semester and I can only defer my offer to January 2021!! I want to know that if I manage to get a new LOA from another college for the next semester, can I still upload it to my current account or I have to create a new account for that. Our situation is so frustrating and the IRCC did not give us a single clear answer about the situation of my spouse.
If you get a new LOA from another college, all you have to do is send a webform to IRCC, you don’t have to create a new account. But know that if you have a new admission from another school in as much as you are still outside Canada, your eligibility/application will be reviewed again and you can either be approved or rejected. You can take the risk if you want to tho.

Slboy2020jan

Dec 10, 2020
Hi All,

I applied for the winter 2021 intake in Oct this year and got the visa in about a month. I think if you have all the documents they request plus some more it should reduce the time taken for approval. I applied from Sri Lanka.

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
If you get a new LOA from another college, all you have to do is send a webform to IRCC, you don’t have to create a new account. But know that if you have a new admission from another school in as much as you are still outside Canada, your eligibility/application will be reviewed again and you can either be approved or rejected. You can take the risk if you want to tho.
Thank you so much

Reactions: Oreoluwatemi

Sad93

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Hi All,

I applied for the winter 2021 intake in Oct this year and got the visa in about a month. I think if you have all the documents they request plus some more it should reduce the time taken for approval. I applied from Sri Lanka.
Many of us including me were waiting for 5, 6 or even 8 month for an answer, with a complete application

harrysandhu1996

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Applied on 29 aug
Non sds
Biometrics done on 30th nov
Biometrics & medical updated on 30th nov in gckey
BVL recived 11 dec
Ppr received 11 dec

Bhawana singh
Applied on 18 nov
Non sds