+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winnipeg - 2017 Citizenship Applicants

jaggy257

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Gave test yesterday and passed...decision made today..please update...office is Winnipeg...no oath invitation yet

auie09

Mar 29, 2011
Applied july 2017. Test date Dec 20.

No oath invitation yet. I called phone line, no use as there is no other information provided other than what i also know.

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Applied july 2017. Test date Dec 20.

No oath invitation yet. I called phone line, no use as there is no other information provided other than what i also know.
You could request your GCMS notes, at least you would find out what has been done with your file for the last 6 (almost 7) months. This is where you can request them: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/requests-information-act.html

YWG3

May 23, 2018
I sent faxes and webform to the Winnipeg office about my application status, and after several weeks all I got was an email from the Winnipeg office to let me know that my application was in queue for processing and a test invite will be made in the near future........as if I didn't know this already. :(:mad:

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
I sent faxes and webform to the Winnipeg office about my application status, and after several weeks all I got was an email from the Winnipeg office to let me know that my application was in queue for processing and a test invite will be made in the near future........as if I didn't know this already. :(:mad:
I am looking at members of this forum from different IRCC offices updating their test date, oath date etc. and wondering if Winnipeg office has received / receiving the highest number of citizenship applications. They are soooooooooo late in every step of the process. I am DM since 8th May....called CIC call center to get the answer " everything is good and you are in the queue for the oath ceremony. As and when space/s open up, you will be invited". God knows what they mean by "in the queue for the oath ceremony". There are applicants from Winnipeg who were IP since January' 18 but yet to receive test invite. Is it in-efficiency or more importance is given to refugee claim processing by moving staff to the concerned department?? God knows. For sure, Winnipeg office is on the right path in keeping their promise "processing time 12 months" as written on their website. I want a govt. job now :) :(

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
My friend from Winnipeg applied in Oct. 3rd week, took test in March and oath in May. But I think that's an aberration. Although sample size is small on this forum, looks like this is the slowest center after Scarborough.
It looks like a crawling office for sure. But I think June was pretty intensive for oath ceremonies and stuff. And I looked online and there aren't many scheduled in July (or may be they haven't posted them all on the website). With all said and done, I think July may be intensive for testing. They probably had this strategy in mind when they were parroting "3 -5 months for oath ceremony.

I think its time to be a bit optimistic here. I have contacted call centre several times and they have said they have no concerns with the application and its just a matter of time. So, may be its just a matter of time. I am going to try and get rid of the niggling voice in my head and wait for the good news.

I hope it goes well and all the very best to y'all.

Reactions: dutts

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
It looks like a crawling office for sure. But I think June was pretty intensive for oath ceremonies and stuff. And I looked online and there aren't many scheduled in July (or may be they haven't posted them all on the website). With all said and done, I think July may be intensive for testing. They probably had this strategy in mind when they were parroting "3 -5 months for oath ceremony.

I think its time to be a bit optimistic here. I have contacted call centre several times and they have said they have no concerns with the application and its just a matter of time. So, may be its just a matter of time. I am going to try and get rid of the niggling voice in my head and wait for the good news.

I hope it goes well and all the very best to y'all.
Just checked online that four new citizenship ceremonies have been scheduled. 2 for 10th July and 1 each for 12th and 17th July. Hopefully some more updates next week. Not bad...ehh!!!

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
I just got a text from a friend that he took oath today (We applied the same day) and I think he had his test at the end of May. So you guys should be hearing something soon.

Reactions: dutts