+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winnipeg - 2017 Citizenship Applicants

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Finally, just received my test invite from mail.

Here is my timeline:
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
3. We started processing your application on December 21, 2017.
4. We sent you correspondence on January 11, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
That is amazing man. Thanks for sharing it. And what date is your test on?

Reactions: permafrost_can

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well there are a lot of applicants who applied in November got their oath by now. Unfortunately many of them are welfare boums (I came to learn this from my community friends). Then why I am paying 15K taxes every year and being treated like a 3rd class resident by CSIS for their so called security check BS. As N_Shine noted that they are professional family with no ties to police, I also consider myself hardworking law abiding resident. Then why is this discrimination? Is there a political agenda? May be. If you look at Manitobas demographic change past 15 years, you will see it's a duopoly by 2 communities. So we don't have big community in the province to back our application so it gets processed faster. I guess its about time we victims should get together and demand our rights or even take legal action to get a decision (any decision APPROVAL or REJECTION) within the allocated time. Let us move on.
Your comments are highly discriminatory and on the fringe of full blown racism. Thankfully, CIC does not grant citizenship based on level of income. You are not the only one paying taxes, and you are certainly not the only one who is a hardworking law abiding person. The fact that immigration in MB is now skewed towards a few communities in no way influences how fast the applications of the members of these communities go through the citizenship granting process. Check your facts, or call CIC if you are unhappy.
We are all foreign citizens on this forum, it would be amazing if you could show respect to every single one of them even if you don't agree with how some of them live their lives.

Jun 1, 2018
@ASG ,,,1. My friend stop playing the race card and go ahead read the citizenship guide. I am practising my freedom of speech without insultiing anyone. This is a fact MBs immigration is increasingly getting skewed over time focusing only 2 groups. Let's forget about PR applicants from other Asian or European or African countries. Even Canada's neighbors like south or central Americans with right set of skill set can't get immigration here. This is a fact.
2. Here's the story of the individuals recently got citizenship. The couple separated (on papers) just to show CRA to claim single parent benefits. They have 3 kids to get more cash and they are working under the table job without paying any tax. Of course I have every right to complain about our hardworking tax money going down the drain and not being treated fairly with our citizenship applications.

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
@ASG ,,,1. My friend stop playing the race card and go ahead read the citizenship guide. I am practising my freedom of speech without insultiing anyone. This is a fact MBs immigration is increasingly getting skewed over time focusing only 2 groups. Let's forget about PR applicants from other Asian or European or African countries. Even Canada's neighbors like south or central Americans with right set of skill set can't get immigration here. This is a fact.
2. Here's the story of the individuals recently got citizenship. The couple separated (on papers) just to show CRA to claim single parent benefits. They have 3 kids to get more cash and they are working under the table job without paying any tax. Of course I have every right to complain about our hardworking tax money going down the drain and not being treated fairly with our citizenship applications.
Don;t know much about CIC's favorable treatment towards particular communities. Regarding paying taxes, my profession requires me to go through tax returns and assessment on a regular basis and I have seen many people, irrespective of communities or status, declares least possible income while living in half a million dollar + houses, driving Audi/BMW and claiming all govt. benefits. A higher percentage of them are Canadian citizen's for several years. They are also feeding on honest tax payer's money, not only those people as you suggested.

Vault0109

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2012
AOR Received.
25-04-2012
Passport Req..
28-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-08-2013
Reactions: winpro

winnipeg2013

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
:( What are your other dates? Did you try contacting CIC-- heard anything?
Application Sent Nov 9, RCVD Nov 14, AOR Jan 04 and IP Jan 29. I tried to contact CIC in April they said every thing looks good and I should hear some thing from IRCC soon, but no update yet. I also ordered couple of GCMS notes, last update on my file was on 26 February as per the latest GSMS notes ordered on May 1st, rcvd on June 2nd.
I initially though I will become Canadian Citizen by July 1st(Canada Day), but no luck.

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Application Sent Nov 9, RCVD Nov 14, AOR Jan 04 and IP Jan 29. I tried to contact CIC in April they said every thing looks good and I should hear some thing from IRCC soon, but no update yet. I also ordered couple of GCMS notes, last update on my file was on 26 February as per the latest GSMS notes ordered on May 1st, rcvd on June 2nd.
I initially though I will become Canadian Citizen by July 1st(Canada Day), but no luck.
Was your security done when you contacted cic? And has your prohibitions started in GCMS NOTES?

jaggy257

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Do you hve your notes already? If so, then look at the location of the paperfile.
20 -25... test was super easy...my test was at 1:45 pm and i finished it in 7 minutes exactly... i was the first one to finish in my batch so i got the first interview as well...interview took hardly 10 mins