+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winnipeg - 2017 Citizenship Applicants

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Applied since July 2017, no oath invitations yet !!
You are approaching the one-year mark, that is a bit long. When did you take the exam? Is your status "Decision Made"? If it has been "Decision Made" for several months, maybe you could contact them and ask what is going on, I would be worried that the oath invitation was lost in the mail :(

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Thank you!
It was at Via Rail - I did not even know they held it at FWA sometimes. That's so cool.
Congrats on becoming a Canadian citizen. I am also an applicant from Winnipeg and DM as of 8th May. I have few queries if you can answer:

1. How many days/months it took you to get the oath letter and date after DM?

2. Did you received a oath letter by mail only or it was updated on ECAS as well simultaneously?

Thanks

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats on becoming a Canadian citizen. I am also an applicant from Winnipeg and DM as of 8th May. I have few queries if you can answer:

1. How many days/months it took you to get the oath letter and date after DM?

2. Did you received a oath letter by mail only or it was updated on ECAS as well simultaneously?

Thanks
Thank you!
The oath letter arrived via snail mail, and ECAS still indicated DM after that.
My timeline is in my signature and on the google sheet, but note that I had special circumstances that got CIC to advance my oath ceremony. As I mentioned in an earlier post, people should not expect my timeline to reflect the timeline of other applicants, because it was fast-forwarded.

Last edited:

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Thank you!
The oath latter arrived via email, and ECAS still indicated DM after that.
My timeline is in my signature and on the google sheet, but note that I had special circumstances that got CIC to advance my oath ceremony. As I mentioned in an earlier post, people should not expect my timeline to reflect the timeline of other applicants, because it was fast-forwarded.
You received the oath letter email from "Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca" or some other e-mail ID?

Y_darknow

Mar 25, 2018
Hi Everyone! I passed the test one week ago. They said wait for 3-5 months for the test repeatedly. I was wondering, how long is the wait between test and Oath date for Winnipeg?

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Hi Everyone! I passed the test one week ago. They said wait for 3-5 months for the test repeatedly. I was wondering, how long is the wait between test and Oath date for Winnipeg?
Based on the spreadsheet, it looks like it used to be one month and more recently it became two months or more. However, most people from September onward are still awaiting the oath letter (or haven't updated their info here), so I don't think we have enough information to say how long the wait is.

EDIT: I meant two months or more to receive the oath letter, and then between the oath letter and the oath date it seems to be one month.

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Yep. No oath invitation, status is in process . Took the exam on December 21
Have you contacted them yet? Now it has been longer than 5 months since your exam and almost a year overall. You can call IRCC or send a message through an online form.

Jun 1, 2018
Applied since July 2017, no oath invitations yet !!
This is insane. I am really sorry for you my friend. Don't want to judge you, just had a simple question. Since Canada's immigration highly favors some immigrants group, do you think your nationality (e.g. Iran or Russia etc.) delaying it? Or do you anything in your history delaying it? If you think there is no reason for delay then you can write to immigration ministers office. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hello Folks,

Those of you who have taken the test already, would you mind sharing your experience, for example, how many people were there in the test room and so on. Thanks a lot.