Med's Done....
03/02/2014 , ECAS Update :- 08/02/2014
Passport Req..
11/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/02/2014
LANDED..........
30/04/2014
Any one who had his/ her fingerprints done recently got test invite ? I got my fp done yesterday in wpg and wondering how much more time would it take for getting test invite .

Thanks

alexy2016

Star Member
May 4, 2016
I also became a citizen yesterday morning. The first few minutes before the ceremony was a little bit unorganized in my opinion.

My notice stated that I should be there by 9:15 and I think the ceremony was supposed to start at 9:30. I came in at 9. There was a line for documents review so I recommend to go there early, maybe an hour before the ceremony so you'll avoid getting your seat taken. In the oath invite letter there's a number which corresponds to my seat number. I looked for my seat and it was taken. There was a family of four and one of them was sitting in my assigned seat. I told her that based on my letter that was my seat and well she told me that the clerk handed her a post it note with my seat number on it. I asked her if I can have it to show it to the clerk and she said NOOO! with a rude tone. For someone who's becoming a Canadian that was so dang rude. So I came back to the front told the clerks that my seat was taken. I stand there for probably 3 minutes waiting for them to assign me to a different seat and then the clerk told me to just look for any vacant seat. I looked for one thankfully there were a couple of vacant seats but of course I wasn't sure until the ceremony started whether I could stay there. The ceremony started late around 9:45, thankfully no one was assigned to the seat I took and there 80 getting citizenship based on what the judge said. I talked to the lady sitting next to me and she told me she's also October applicant like me. 6 months processing from delivery to Oath is not that bad in my opinion.

Robert Falcon was there and performed/sang an ethnic song. One officer from Air Force was there too. The ceremony itself was great have no complaints aside from the rude person who took my seat.

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
I also became a citizen yesterday morning. The first few minutes before the ceremony was a little bit unorganized in my opinion.

My notice stated that I should be there by 9:15 and I think the ceremony was supposed to start at 9:30. I came in at 9. There was a line for documents review so I recommend to go there early, maybe an hour before the ceremony so you'll avoid getting your seat taken. In the oath invite letter there's a number which corresponds to my seat number. I looked for my seat and it was taken. There was a family of four and one of them was sitting in my assigned seat. I told her that based on my letter that was my seat and well she told me that the clerk handed her a post it note with my seat number on it. I asked her if I can have it to show it to the clerk and she said NOOO! with a rude tone. For someone who's becoming a Canadian that was so dang rude. So I came back to the front told the clerks that my seat was taken. I stand there for probably 3 minutes waiting for them to assign me to a different seat and then the clerk told me to just look for any vacant seat. I looked for one thankfully there were a couple of vacant seats but of course I wasn't sure until the ceremony started whether I could stay there. The ceremony started late around 9:45, thankfully no one was assigned to the seat I took and there 80 getting citizenship based on what the judge said. I talked to the lady sitting next to me and she told me she's also October applicant like me. 6 months processing from delivery to Oath is not that bad in my opinion.

Robert Falcon was there and performed/sang an ethnic song. One officer from Air Force was there too. The ceremony itself was great have no complaints aside from the rude person who took my seat.
Cheers to you. And may I ask what nationality were the majority of new Citizens were? Not trying to touch an exposed nerve but just for fun.

alexy2016

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Cheers to you. And may I ask what nationality were the majority of new Citizens were? Not trying to touch an exposed nerve but just for fun.
Majority were of Asian descent (Filipinos and Indians).

The lady that was rude to me was not Asian though.

Reactions: winpro

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017

Hahahaha that is hilarious! Anyways, its wonderful to see you past the mark and I can only imagine your joy today. Congratulations again and all the very best for future.

Reactions: alexy2016

alexy2016

Star Member
May 4, 2016
Hahahaha that is hilarious! Anyways, its wonderful to see you past the mark and I can only imagine your joy today. Congratulations again and all the very best for future.

Thanks! It was an amazing feeling indeed. Hope you finish yours soon.

Reactions: wpg5
Feb 10, 2018

Thanks for your observation. It make sense since almost 60% new immigrants in MB every year are Filipinos and Punjabis (Indians). Now you have 2 reasons to be happy today. You became Canadian and Jets Won! Go Jets Go... Go our application Go...:D

Reactions: alexy2016 and wpg5

Y_darknow

Mar 25, 2018
Congrats for those was at the ceremony yesterday. I applied in in October 2 and was in process in Nov 15. Anyone here who has earlier timeline than I have? I didn't even get my finger prints or test taken and I am happy for all but little frustrated that I am still waiting and probably long months away from my citizenship.

Reactions: Teehk-Ehht-Eehhsy

Y_darknow

Mar 25, 2018
Please for the love of god do not spread this madness. It has only been 6 months and why are you guys so desperate? I am also in the January In-process category.

Sit back and wait for a while. Everyone I know from wpg has gotten in around an year. Just sit back and calm down!!
I am in November in process. Aplication was received 2nd of October. Do you know anyone who is earlier than me and still didn't get test invite? If you do, please let me know so that I can relax little bit.

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
I am in November in process. Aplication was received 2nd of October. Do you know anyone who is earlier than me and still didn't get test invite? If you do, please let me know so that I can relax little bit.
Well, the things is your security is most likely in process right now and the best way to know this is to call CIC.

pan-can

Apr 13, 2018
Also do they destroy the PR Cards? As I am traveling to US that afternoon and will need the card on my way back.