+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winnipeg - 2017 Citizenship Applicants

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all!
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 2, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 9, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on November 15, 2017.
Should I be concerned that they have been processing my application more than 4 months?
Added you to October sheet of global 2017 spreadsheet. Link is in my signature.

N_Shine

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Hi all!
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 2, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 9, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on November 15, 2017.
Should I be concerned that they have been processing my application more than 4 months?
Hi. Are you from remote area or Winnipeg itself?

Moha92

Mar 28, 2018
Application office winnipeg

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 30, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 21, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on February 7, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 14, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. I had my finger print taken on March 20, 2018

I wish to get oath before August what do u think folks

Last edited:
Reactions: wpg5

wpg5

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 30, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 21, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 14, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

I think it can be possible but no body knows for sure. I am hoping for July :)
Let's hope for the Best..

unsvn.it

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NSVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
10-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
15-03-2016 (DM: 16-03-2016)
My friend from Winnipeg received the test invitation very quick after she submitted the application. She submitted sometime in the last quarter of last year and receive the test invitation at the beginning of January for the test scheduled at the end of that month.

I was surprised at how fast my friend got test invitation and was happy thinking that applications from Winnipeg would be processed quickly. But I guess she is the rare case?!

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
My friend from Winnipeg received the test invitation very quick after she submitted the application. She submitted sometime in the last quarter of last year and receive the test invitation at the beginning of January for the test scheduled at the end of that month.

I was surprised at how fast my friend got test invitation and was happy thinking that applications from Winnipeg would be processed quickly. But I guess she is the rare case?!
It may well be a case of getting the test invite before the background checks are complete. A better determinant will be the time between test and DM. Some have had a quick test date only to wait months for DM as background checks are completed.

Reactions: unsvn.it

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012

There isn't a lot of Winnipeg data in the spreadsheet for most months, with the exception of October, of course. A fair amount of October applicants in Winnipeg are scheduled for April oath dates, so about a 6 month processing. As you're looking for a 6 month turnaround, it's so close that if it were me, I certainly wouldn't bank on it, but would be hopeful. If there is anything at all unusual in your application, though, it's going to take longer than August, I'd think.

AThind

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied in November 2017, processing started February 22, 2018. Received the Fingerprinting request on March 22nd.

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017

As per the statistics available on this forum....nobody except 2 people from WPG November applicants received test invite. The way things are going I m not very optimistic about July / Aug. oath taking. 12 months i.e. Nov. 2018 looks more realistic to me. But, I will be very happy if proved wrong.

dutts

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017

Number of applicants jumped to 5 times within 1 month of the new rules kicked in on 11th Oct. and the processing time slowed down proportionately. It indeed used to take 4-6 months under the old rules.

Reactions: unsvn.it

phlove

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Winnipeg MB CA
Visa Office......
canada
App. Filed.......
18/Oct/2017

at least ur application is moving faster than me.
mine application was rcvd on 20th oct
AOR 15 feb
IP 20th feb and now still waiting for next step ..