+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winnipeg - 2017 Citizenship Applicants

Ukrainiandude

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Does anyone know contact phone number and address of the Winnipeg CIC office ?
Thanks

P.S. I will apply through that office and since I pay six times more than people in 2014 I also expect application to be processed six times faster. I have pretty straightforward background.
And if not processed in timely manner, will contact the office and pay it visit. Plus will be notifying my member of Parliament that happened to be conservative.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
Does anyone know contact phone number and address of the Winnipeg CIC office ?
Thanks

P.S. I will apply through that office and since I pay six times more than people in 2014 I also expect application to be processed six times faster. I have pretty straightforward background.
And if not processed in timely manner, will contact the office and pay it visit. Plus will be notifying my member of Parliament that happened to be conservative.
You realize this is not some private business you can haggle with and threaten to buy from elsewhere if they don't meet your expectations; this is the government. If you want citizenship, you have no other option but to apply to them and accept their terms and conditions. Saying that by paying 6 times more you expect 6 times faster, well sorry to break the news but it will not be 6 times faster. In fact, applying after October 11th, you should expect an increase in waiting time due to the excessive number of applications (even if more staff were hired).
As per your question, I doubt you can call the Winnipeg office directly, the only information provided online is this:

Winnipeg
269 Main Street, Suite 400
Winnipeg, MB
R3C 1B2

Services
Refugee claims can be made between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday.

All other services are available by appointment only.

You have to call the generic free toll number of IRCC if you have any questions.

Ukrainiandude

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
You realize this is not some private business you can haggle with and threaten to buy from elsewhere if they don't meet your expectations; this is the government. If you want citizenship, you have no other option but to apply to them and accept their terms and conditions. Saying that by paying 6 times more you expect 6 times faster, well sorry to break the news but it will not be 6 times faster. In fact, applying after October 11th, you should expect an increase in waiting time due to the excessive number of applications (even if more staff were hired).
As per your question, I doubt you can call the Winnipeg office directly, the only information provided online is this:

Winnipeg
269 Main Street, Suite 400
Winnipeg, MB
R3C 1B2

Services
Refugee claims can be made between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday.

All other services are available by appointment only.

You have to call the generic free toll number of IRCC if you have any questions.
I know that I am paying salaries to CIC worker. And I expect them to give it 100% but not coffee drinking and chatting with families and friends during work hours.
Moreover they should be paid by the number of applications they reviewed not by hour, will be way more productive.
Also I know if enough complaining, the Conservative party will be glad to help, including press.

Is there any way to get Winnipeg office phone number?
Calling generic CIC number, has proven to be very time consuming and futile.
Thanks.

Last edited:

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
I know that I am paying salaries to CIC worker. And I expect them to give it 100% but not coffee drinking and chatting with families and friends during work hours.
Moreover they should be paid by the number of applications they reviewed not by hour, will be way more productive.
Also I know if enough complaining, the Conservative party will be glad to help, including press.

Thanks.
Did you say the Conservatives will be glad to help in this situation? I bet NO! If they could create another tier of citizenship to differentiate BTW those born here and those born elsewhere they would. Remember they were the same party that pegged a lot of applicants back with their bill c24!

marcher

Mar 30, 2016

Thanks.
Sadly I doubt you could get hold directly of Winnipeg office; otherwise they'll need a new division just to respond to phone calls of frustrated applicants :). I am not a fan of Liberals, but I must point out that this issue is not their fault. The party issued Bill C6 as promised, and any waiting you had to do prior to that is because of Bill C24, a Conservative invention. As per the management of CIC workers, keep in mind it has nothing to do with the ruling party. Those are federal employees like any other department. Send your application, and join the waiting list. CIC promise regular applications won't exceed 12 months, and so far they have kept their promise.

p.s. Winnipeg office is slower than other offices because of a budget cut Harper made back in the day.

Ukrainiandude

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
p.s. Winnipeg office is slower than other offices because of a budget cut Harper made back in the day.
Liberals had two years to rehire more personnel.
As I said, they should be paid by applications processed not by the hour, that only will greatly decrease waiting time.

Last edited:

Ukrainiandude

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Did you say the Conservatives will be glad to help in this situation? I bet NO! If they could create another tier of citizenship to differentiate BTW those born here and those born elsewhere they would. Remember they were the same party that pegged a lot of applicants back with their bill c24!
Conservatives were doing everything right, Canadian citizenship should be earned, and deserved.
Right now if you can walk and chew gum at the same time you qualify for Canadian citizenship.
Have a look at Australian system in your spare time, much harder to obtain BUT only $300 and processed in up to 10 months.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
Liberals had two years to rehire more stuff.
As I said, they should be paid by applications processed not by the hour, that only will greatly decrease waiting time.
Sorry but paying federal employees by application is a rather absurd suggestion. It may sound reasonable in other countries, but it sounds like a recipe for successful class action here. Please familiarize yourself more with the Canadian system; it will help you in the Citizenship test ;)

Reactions: Horizon13

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
Conservatives were doing everything right, Canadian citizenship should be earned, and deserved.
Right now if you can walk and chew gum at the same time you qualify for Canadian citizenship.
Have a look at Australian system in your spare time, much harder to obtain BUT only $300 and processed in up to 10 months.
You are comparing apples to oranges. Please approach the Conservatives for help, and let us know how that goes!

Ukrainiandude

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Sorry but paying federal employees by application is a rather absurd suggestion. It may sound reasonable in other countries, but it sounds like a recipe for successful class action here. Please familiarize yourself more with the Canadian system; it will help you in the Citizenship test ;)
Someone who was drinking coffee and chatting with friends, and reviewed only one application should be paid same wage as a diligent worker that reviewed 10 on the same given day ?
----
I was in CIC office at Forks, and saw how "hard" they are working.

Last edited:

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To you guys that took the oath ceremony in Winnipeg, how long did the whole process take?. Mine is at 1:15 and I have be at work at 4the latest.