+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WINNINPEG

HHH2000

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
handsomeishere said:
:) today got the oath letter for 2nd September 2015, :D , the letter says to take PR card, new and old passports within the past 4 years, and all original documents , any suggestions? suggestions would be appreciated , cheers
Just say your prayer and thankful to Almighty. You are there. Few suggestions:

Make sure you take your letter and PR card
Make sure you wake up and reach there at right time.
Make sure to dress well as you might taking pictures and may be asked to Speak your experience.

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Thanks , yeah I did offer prayers to the Almighty and would continue that , thanks for the suggestions , :),
HHH2000 said:
Just say your prayer and thankful to Almighty. You are there. Few suggestions:

Make sure you take your letter and PR card
Make sure you wake up and reach there at right time.
Make sure to dress well as you might taking pictures and may be asked to Speak your experience.

ting0916

Jul 21, 2014
JUST UPDATED!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 21, 2014.

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 5, 2015.

We started processing your application on January 13, 2015.

We sent you a notice on May 28, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 10, 2015 at 9:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on August 18, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 23, 2015 at 1:15 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

reynettevos

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
ting0916 said:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 21, 2014.

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 5, 2015.

We sent you a notice on May 28, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 10, 2015 at 9:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on August 18, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on September 23, 2015 at 1:15 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Oh man that is super news ;D ;D ;D ;D

Alvani

Apr 22, 2015
ting0916 said:

Congratulations ;D

Hoping to get an invitation soon too. Can't wait :) Cheers!

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
congrats , very happy for you , did you take any other documents in addition to PR card, Landing document, old passports and the Oath invite?cheers :) ,
reynettevos said:
Well today we did our Oath and I must admit it is a sweet feeling.
Good luck to all and hope it is over for you soon.

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
reynettevos said:
Well today we did our Oath and I must admit it is a sweet feeling.
Good luck to all and hope it is over for you soon.
Congratulations! Very happy for you :) Could you tell us a bit about the ceremony? How long it took for you to get your certificate? What documents they check before you enter the hall?...

tnx

Winterpeger

Mar 25, 2015
Verooney said:
Congratulations! Very happy for you :) Could you tell us a bit about the ceremony? How long it took for you to get your certificate? What documents they check before you enter the hall?...

tnx
I had my oath back in June.

After a short speech from the Judge, everyone pledged the oath together, and then sang O'Canada :).

Next, they call out for people based on their family names' alphabetical order and hand in the citizenship certificates.

I personally had all the documents they asked for in the notice CIC sent, but the only thing they asked for and I had to hand over was the PR card, which was at the very beginning before the ceremony started.

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
Thanks very much for the info and good luck to everyone :)
Winterpeger said:
I had my oath back in June.

After a short speech from the Judge, everyone pledged the oath together, and then sang O'Canada :).

Next, they call out for people based on their family names' alphabetical order and hand in the citizenship certificates.

I personally had all the documents they asked for in the notice CIC sent, but the only thing they asked for and I had to hand over was the PR card, which was at the very beginning before the ceremony started.

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Had our oath ceremony yesterday in Winnipeg, It was a great feeling while taking the oath :), there were people from 19 countries became Canadian Citizens, the honorable Judge gave a very good speech, I can say is very proud and very happy to be a Canadian Citizen , Thanks every one who put their positives in giving me the information, :), now time to apply for Passport , God bless,

Verooney said:
Thanks very much for the info and good luck to everyone :)

Alvani

Apr 22, 2015
handsomeishere said:
Had our oath ceremony yesterday in Winnipeg, It was a great feeling while taking the oath :), there were people from 19 countries became Canadian Citizens, the honorable Judge gave a very good speech, I can say is very proud and very happy to be a Canadian Citizen , Thanks every one who put their positives in giving me the information, :), now time to apply for Passport , God bless,
Congratulations! :D How many people were @ the ceremony?

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Thanks ALVANI , I can only guess lol please do not quote me on that I would say Bout 70 to 80, May be lol, if someone else was present on 2nd of September path at 130 pm please put your inputs about the numbers of candidates cheers
Alvani said:
Congratulations! :D How many people were @ the ceremony?

Alvani

Apr 22, 2015
Oath Ceremony Schedule:

Winnipeg

Address:
101 - 123 Main Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3C 1A3
Date:
Tuesday September 15, 2015
Time:
9:30 AM
Open to the public: